Search results

1. D

Snell JII crossover recap help

test the the four resisters with an ohm meter. Look cracks or burns these are most likely to be OK. Caps : Dayton , Solen , Jantzen "POLYs" … from: Parts Express for values 2 to 8uF , for 100x100 use NON POLARs Don
  2. D

Diy 605a XO

Has anyone built one of these XO's ? www.dondpatten.com
  3. D

Simulated 4-channel sound?

A Friend of mine took two phono cartridges and mounted them together to play the same groove. The second cart was mounted in reverse so the stylus to stylus spacing was about 0.2 inches. This produced a perfect time delay . The backwards phono cart was connected to a second receiver and two...
  4. D

Altec Lansing 605A Duplex

I Love my 605As. To get the most out of them, you will need a better crossover. Check out my web site. Look at the last three curves on the opening page Don
  5. D

HI Rick I have an Infinity 8" woofer that needs a foam ring. The model # is : SM8. The...

HI Rick I have an Infinity 8" woofer that needs a foam ring. The model # is : SM8. The other #s are: 902-3745 382-JBA The ring is a single bump away from from the magnet and is angled inward the ring OD is: 7.75" the ring ID is: 5.5" the bump ID is: 5.875 bump...
  6. D

HI Rick I have an Infinity 8" woofer that needs a foam ring. The model # is : SM8. The...

HI Rick I have an Infinity 8" woofer that needs a foam ring. The model # is : SM8. The other #s are: 902-3745 382-JBA The ring is a single bump away from from the magnet and is angled inward the ring OD is: 7.75" the ring...
  7. D

Let's hear about your mistakes

Confession Time: I made an error in the published schematic of my crossover. In the high frequency section R6 is in series with R3, and connected to the hi freq driver. The fix is to move the wire from R6 to R4, to the the other end of R4.
  8. D

Best place to buy refoam kit?

Contact Rick Cobb :looneytune2001, eBay 1044 Lightfoot Road wimauma fl 33598-7702 usa Don
  9. D

Mounting Air-Core Inductors

I use Industrial foam mounting tape ( 3M or Locktite ) And cable ties. Look at the fotos at my web site Don
  10. D

rivets vs masonite

I have used 1/8 inch Alum pop rivets. Just be care full not to put full pressure on the nail You can draw the nail snug, and stop short of breaking.Tap the nail through the rivet. If your rivet is loose , it can be hammered down with an anvil and center punch. Don
  11. D

speaker to amp match in watts

Turns out your 100 watt amp with 16 Ohm speakers only puts out 25 watts per channel. Not to worry. This is normal. The amp will run cooler and the speakers will not be worked as hard. Don
  12. D

Speaker cable question

Matt Try some Cat 5, Four pair Teflon insulated . Connect all the white wires to form one conductor and all the colored wires to make the second one. Make one of these for each speaker. To find Teflon Cat 5, look for some old or used data LAN cable. Don
  13. D

When you're recapping crossovers, what do you use to help hold components in place ?

Cable ties and foam mounting tape. I like 3M or Locktite industrial grade. It's red. Don
  14. D

Kenwood KC-6060 intensity problem

I was replacing some drifting transistors and repairing some pealing foil PCB traces… On my 6060, all the foil is solder coated, so it makes repairs difficult . Don
  15. D

Kenwood KC-6060 intensity problem

PAKKO I have a schematic of the 6060. What I would like is a copy of the service manual.My 6060 is on my work bench ( several months ) the manual could get me moving again. Thank you Don
  16. D

symptoms of crossover cap value drift

I have a pair of Altec 605As with factory XOs. When I recap' them, I found the 16 uf cap in one was 10 uf and the cap in the other XO was above 20 uf. The cardboard box was marked 16 uf. So I do not think we can generalize and say what will happen. I like Best's "Depends" Don
  17. D

Altec 605A Repair?

My DC resistances are: LF / HF L=12.5/8.8 C=12.5/8.9 R=12.4/8.7 You may want to retest the resistances, GPA can recharge the magnets.
  18. D

Altec 605A Repair?

Call GPA and get their suggestion. GPA rebuilt three 605As for me, and did a great job. But first listen to them. Go to a local appliance store, and get a large cardboard box… Don
  19. D

Crossovers And Heat

Changing the XO coils wire to a larger size… the XOs will run cooler. I do not think you could hear the difference; Try it. Re temperatur and the coils , caps etc. DONT WORRY ABOUT IT Don
  20. D

Crossover layout

XO Coil layout I wouLd alternate the coils : air core , iron , air , iron, air. Put all air coils flat and space all the coils at least one inch apart. Put the coils in line left to right O - I - O - I - O Don
  21. D

Lab Scope KC-6060A PCB Drawing

The foil traces are all solder coated and I may have created solder bridge when I replaced a transistor. I guess I'll try to make foil drawing, thru the PCB with a laser. Any suggestions? Don
  22. D

Thank you for looking Don
  23. D

I am looking for a PC board drawing, showing the foil traces for the KC 6060 Lab Scope. I only need the front end,( pre amps). I do not the need the power supply, or the CRT. I have the schematic. Thank you. Don
  24. D

speaker distortion

Try swapping the parts, but first disconnect both tweeters and compare the two speakers with out the tweeters connected. This will check out the mid drivers and XOs. Remove the drivers from the bad speaker. Put the mid and tweeter that are from the distorted speaker in the good speaker. I would...
  25. D

A speaker wire question.

Why? Do you want to ring some bells? OK, what construction? Was it zip cord , or round with an over all jacket? Up to the 70s Belden was the name every one referenced. Then along came Canary… with nice soft jackets… very flexible construction. Then in the 80s, the sticky soft jackets were out...
Back
Top Bottom