Search results

1. EddyR

Remote for HK avr

I have been on here for many years answering questions about speakers but i have a question about Harmon Kardon AVR remotes. I have a AVR 235 and need a remote. Most of the HK remotes look the same. Will a AVR 325,330, 1600,139,170,700 work on my 235. There are many other models but they all...
  2. EddyR

Discone Antenna

Lots of people have these antennas for there scanner radios. I have had one for several years and finally got around to connecting it to my tuner. I was quite surprised at how well it worked. I expected it to get all the strong locals but it did well on several low powered station and one that...
  3. EddyR

Very Good FM Antennas

I have built three of the antennas shown on this site. I built the small three element beam and it walked all over my six element LPDA Radio Shack antenna on the low end of the band. I built the one that covers 88-95 mhz. It works well even out outside this range. It has good gain up to 100 mhz...
  4. EddyR

Utah Blue

That is a strange name for a thread. Read on and you will understand. This is about the Utah HL 12-HC Blue frame coaxial speakers. There have been quite a few comments about them over the years saying the have poor sound. I friend gave this pair to me about a year ago saying they sounded...
  5. EddyR

$1400

Local CLadd in Charlotte NC $1400. More like $14 Good for a laugh http://charlotte.craigslist.org/ele/2255466574.html Ed
  6. EddyR

Jbl???

Can anyone tell me what model these JBL speakers are the owner doesn't know. Ed
  7. EddyR

12ax7 phono stage noise

I have a Knight 333 [Pioneer SX-34] A friend gave me this receiver a few years ago. He recapped it and did a good job.When I got it he said it had noise ,popping,on the right channel phono section. I thought this should be a easy fix. Switching the two 12ax7's and the noise stays on the right...
  8. EddyR

Fisher RS-2020

I saw a Fisher rs-2020 in a add. I never heard of a 2020. I know what a 2015 is but not a 2020. Is it 200wpc? Ed
  9. EddyR

Fisher rs 2020

I know what 2015's are but I have never heard of 2020's Ed
  10. EddyR

Charlotte CL --Heresy

This is not mine but it is a great deal,speakers and complete Denon set up http://charlotte.craigslist.org/ele/920496825.html
  11. EddyR

What are these?

These two sets of speakers followed me home Friday.Most will recognize the KEF's on top of the ??????:sigh: They are a well known name in 50's low end mass produced department store electronics.If I told you I bought a set of????? for $8 you would have said "you wasted your money " and laughed...
  12. EddyR

Panasonic sb-88

Panasonic sb-88 Technics Speakers These have been offered to me but are a long drive to get them. I did find something on them but how do they sound.Here are the specs 12" bass driver, two 5" midrange, Tweeter two 2"aluminum horns with Mylar domes.Year 1969,50 pounds each. Anyone have any...
  13. EddyR

Sp 300

I picked up a set of these today and I want to remove the grills but they are tight!!!!!. Are they held on with Velcro? I don't want to break the wood grills pulling on them. EddyR
  14. EddyR

Yamaha ns-89???

Anyone know what these are,Yamaha ns-a89. All I know is they are a three way with a 12 " woofer. Are they total Junk? I have seen them for sale on CL several times but can't find any thing on them. Ed
  15. EddyR

Large pioneer speakers CAG-403?

I talked to a guy that has two pioneer speaker CAG-403. He said the boxes are 2ft x 4ft. I talked to him twice and the number is correct. It is not a cs 403. It has at least a 15" bass driver. Late 80' early 90' Any one know what they are? EddyR
  16. EddyR

Charlotte CL 1950 Stereo?

Today on Charlotte CL 1950's Stereo. Looks more like early 60's Not mine http://charlotte.craigslist.org/ele/581129338.html He is runing it on ebay at the same time
  17. EddyR

Altec 604-8G on Charlotte CL

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/ele/579767695.html not mine,I wish they were.
  18. EddyR

The Sound of Music! Speakers

I have some questions about speaker sound.First I have been into HiFi, good sound since the 50's so I have had a lot of set ups over the years.Most were mid level at the time but are considered very desirable now as top line vintage equipment.Home built to McIntosh tubes in the early days and...
  19. EddyR

Kenwood Super Elenen & Kl 888 speakers

Saw these on Charlotte CL today. Not mine.The KL-888 were not to bad for a Kaboookaaa speaker. Looks like a five way. The receiver looks very clean. http://charlotte.craigslist.org/ele/565456887.html
  20. EddyR

Huge Frazier

Antone know anything about this version of the Frazier? They are in my area. Ed http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-FRAZIER-HUGE-LOUDSPEAKERS-SPEAKERS-12-WOOFERS_W0QQitemZ110220387672QQihZ001QQcategoryZ50597QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  21. EddyR

RCA Console

Any one know what drivers these had in them A few were high end. She got it in the 70's. I had a friend who had one and it had sealed boxes and good drivers with around 80 wpc. I hate to go there and take the back of of the cabinets but I don't need Magnavox type stuff...
  22. EddyR

Magnavox mono amp

I picked this up today. No model number anywhere on it. It is a mono unit with four 6v6 , two 5y3 and a 12xa7 on the power chassis and a 12ax7 +a 6av6 in the preamp. On the side of the power chassis it has AMP142-bc, is this the model of the amp? I have found nothing on it so far. The cabinet...
  23. EddyR

What Altec speakers are these?

Let see if you Altec fans can identify them.They are about 24 inches tall and have a 10" bass driver. Ed
  24. EddyR

Sx-950 switch cleaning

I have had this 950 for six months and use it daily to power my Wharfedale W70's.I have had all the covers and the front off to do a good cleaning but the bass control and the turnover switched are noise. There are two circuit boards on the bottom front that block access that have two screws in...
  25. EddyR

Pioneer 15 inch drivers

There is a garage sale listed on CL near me for Saturday and one item they mention is a set of Pioneer speakers with 15 inch drivers. Was there a HPM with a 15" driver? What models have the 15"? Which are worth getting and which ones to stay away from? Lots of questions. Hope you can help me. Ed
Back
Top Bottom