Search results

1. hbrocks

Amazon Prime Day.....Any Deals you see we'd all like?

Hey everyone! Just purchased the wife a new Garmin running watch and got pretty good deal. Than thought hit me if there was anything Music related we'd all like to look for? Anyone buying today? Share what you're finding! Ultrasonic record cleaners are 20% off...
  2. hbrocks

Mystery speakers... sealed cabs - how to?

Well - these sounded amazing for a couple days. And than one side blew out. I'm Looking for some best practices guidance on opening up the cabinets which appear to be sealed. here's few pics I'm all ears - thanks in advance unknown sealed cab speaker by hbrocks posted Oct 10, 2020 at 8:11 PM...
  3. hbrocks

B&O Beogram RX2 troubleshooting

hand-me-down turntable has evidently sat for years. Turns on - spins - tonearm moves out over record and than simply returns back home and turns off. Any common diagnostic for this with these tables. I did see one youtube where guy replace a circuit board evidently fixed similar problem. Thanks
  4. hbrocks

Advent OLA's v ESS PS 6d's

I've got 3 pairs of the Large OLA's advents and one set of the ESS. The ESS PS6d's are really a great looking speaker ... but I'm not sure I'm really sold on their performance anymore over and above the Advents. I'll post pics in a min... looking for some opinions sound-wise between these 2...
  5. hbrocks

Electronics foaming spray cleaner for boards - ? Onkyo 4500 -

(working) -Onkyo 4500 - Filthy - dusty - dirty - THIS thing needs a "cleaning out" and I'm not sure what to use. I hear there are foaming quick-drying electronics spray cleaners that will do the job? Please offer me some suggestions! Guess I should start with canned Air to blow out the loose...
  6. hbrocks

Will PL50 plynth work with a PL41?

PL50 Plynth by hbrocks posted Sep 24, 2020 at 1:38 PMMy PL41 needs a plynth and I just found base for the PL50 - they look the same. Anyone know if this would fit? Thanks
  7. hbrocks

How to ID this blue AT Cart?

This came with my PL41 ....Do I have to remove it from the headshell to ID it or can someone tell me what cart this is? Wondering if I should stick with it or go to the green AT95 everyone talks about? ThanksAT cart ID? by hbrocks posted Sep 21, 2020 at 6:44 PMAT? blue by hbrocks posted Sep 21...
  8. hbrocks

rip brother.. quagh...

hey guys.. fyi sad news. ... we lost a longtime member "quagh".. (a brother, father). passed away unexpectedly this last tuesday. Mark was pretty active here and I know many of you probably knew him. so please in honor of his memory.. let's all take out a favorite record and spin a tune for...
  9. hbrocks

PL-41, PL-570 or 1229Q..Which would you keep?

Hey guys.... Just returning to getting up and running with a system again ....and I have couple options with TT's. I've always used the Dual but I have couple others and would like your opinions. Thanks 1- Dual 1229Q - Working 2- PL 41 - Work but needs gone thru... 3- PL 570 (beeeeautiful...
  10. hbrocks

PL570 Shaft size in mm for counterweight?

anyone tell me the "shaft size" of the Pinoeer PL570 (nice older one with wood base). I found auction for PL530 counterweight that reports it fits 12mm shaft. Thanks
  11. hbrocks

PL570 needs a counter-weight and cart....

Happy Holidays everyone - Stumbled on a TT recently. Need lil guidance! Is there any guides that can step me through bringing this thing up to working shape? I also need to source a counter-weight and cart for it.. It turned on and lights up so that's good. Here's some pics.....
  12. hbrocks

UPS jet crash.....!

Prayers to the family of the 2 crewman that lost their lives. I somehow immediately thought of vintage gear and AK when I read the headline ( although I'm certain 99% ship via ground). http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324823804579012341263333198.html
  13. hbrocks

Yes - close to the edge - definitive edition

No Vinyl but some of you may be interested. http://yesworld.com/2013/08/close-to-the-edge-in-5-1-surround-and-stereo/ CLOSE TO THE EDGE - DEFINITIVE EDITION Preorder the first of the new incredible YES 5.1 Surround Sound & Stereo Mix & Remaster packages by Steven Wilson. Acclaimed...
  14. hbrocks

Jack and Angelica pic...

saw this pic in a magazine tonight.... Thought it would be apropos to share it...
  15. hbrocks

HAPPY 70TH BIRTHDAY Michael Philip Jagger

keep on rockin...!
  16. hbrocks

Thrift-store Gems found tonight

Been a long time since I walked into a thrift and found so many great gems like these....! $1.50 a piece...... Captain Beefheart and his magic band - Safe as milk Pacific Gas and Electric Blues get it on Jefferson Airplane Surrealistic Pillow Electronic Hair Pieces The original Delaney and...
  17. hbrocks

Aug 3, "Yes-tival" at Camden, New Jersey

We attended an early show on their current 2013 Tour and we were completely mesmerized and have some very good memories for my son and I from seeing these guys..AMAZING SHOW...
  18. hbrocks

Roger Daltrey coming in Concert....

Roger was penciled in and replacing the canceled Ray Manzarek & Robby Krieger gig at the OC Fair here in August, following Manzarek’s untimely passing last month. Reading some good reviews about Roger's revitalized voice and he's got carte-blanche access to most every Who song. Anyone see any...
  19. hbrocks

a Zeppelin song I've never heard b4....

(Led Zeppelin - Baby Come On Home) Incredible that today was the very first time I've ever heard this Zeppelin song from 1968. And It rocks....! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEocukvkkSM
  20. hbrocks

Bryan Ferry's new 2013 album...

anyone have this yet? impressions?
  21. hbrocks

New Fleetwood Mac...Miss Fantasy (video link)

Heard this last night on local radio station and caught my toe-tapping to it..... Pretty recognizable stylistically Lindsey Buckinghamish... I enjoyed it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBp3oaf9BX0 LA Times First impression: Fleetwood Mac's four-song 'Extended Play'...
  22. hbrocks

Levi's and 49'ers....Perfect match!

:thmbsp: Levi's Stadium... How awesome is that? Can't think of a Better marriage!
  23. hbrocks

Roger Hodgson (supertramp)...anyone seen his show lately?

He'll be in the area playing the OC Fair in August.... Might go but will need some convincing. Reviews over at ticketmaster are all positive and the setlist look phenomenal. http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/Roger-Hodgson-tickets/artist/735283#BVRRWidgetID...
  24. hbrocks

Zappa Fans Only....

Attention Zappa fans... Watching one of my eclectic PBS favorite shows tonight ..."History Detectives".....AND look Who shows up on an episode.....! watch it here....video link 14 min long Frank Zappa Art Mystery... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DnMnIzLbjM
  25. hbrocks

sexiest Album covers...(link SF Gate article)

http://blog.sfgate.com/loaded/2013/03/26/sexiestcovers/ The ones you had to hide from your parents....
Back
Top Bottom