Search results

1. Coilvoice

Transcriptor Skeleton Restoration Help Needed

Glad to know about Micheal Gammon's sketchy reputation! I recently acquired a TT that I initially thought was a JA Michell Prisma, but after doing some more research, I believe it to be a JR Transrotor AC. This mystery is the result of a missing badge. After some research into the history of...
  2. Coilvoice

DCM TIMEFRAME TF2000 - The legendary mythical monster lives!

It's all about where you post them and how deep the pockets are that they are in front of! Its like comparing a garage sale setting to a high end New York auction house for fine things. I know that's a bit of an exageration, but you get what I'm saying. Those speakers may not be loaded with a...
  3. Coilvoice

They're back! Well it looks like the DCM Timeframe TF 2000 mythical speakers are back on the chopping block on ePay. Really? I wish I could nab these, but they are just too far away and of course, like almost every other time when the stars align, my funds are completely in the negative. One...
  4. Coilvoice

1 day, 8 hrs... tick tock! I just checked in again on these and they are still available... 1 day, 8 hours from auction end. Please tell me some lucky AK member is going to snap these up. Not only are these bad boys amazing in detail and imaging, but so rare that if one was to buy these to...
  5. Coilvoice

I just looked again and they are still there. Search DCM TimeFrame TF 2000
  6. Coilvoice

There is a pair of DCM Time Frame TF2000 speakers for sale right now on eBay. I hope I'm posting this in the right place and if I'm not, please forgive me. I'm in a bit of a rush and am trying to get this information posted as fast as possible so some lucky club member can have these wonderful...
  7. Coilvoice

Your thoughts on modding my Aragon Aurum

+1! I love my Aurum, just sad that tight times dictates its future. I always wanted some Paladium monoblocks, but I never had the spare duckets when they popped up on the chopping block. Happy to see that this Aragon thread is alive and well. Cheers to all my Aragon brothers! :beerchug:
  8. Coilvoice

Very nice work mondialfan. That's a whole lot of power supply stuffed in a small case. I can see why it was a pain to construct. Looking forward to doing business with you when I can find an IPS case to mod for my Aragon phono preamp.
  9. Coilvoice

mondialfan, Since you asked, I'll tell you someone to chat with and discuss your designs to get some solid feedback from is member Shawnra. He is a electronics teacher and a really nice guy as well. He posted earlier on page one of this thread I believe. Now I'm not promising anything, as he is...
  10. Coilvoice

Considering your level of addiction and your passion for home audio, I'd say you came to the right site! Looks good. Are you looking to have members send whatever Mondial power supply they have and you mod it and send it back or ??
  11. Coilvoice

New member suggestion modialfan, Sounds interesting however, I do believe that it is against the site's rules to be selling something in a general thread like this. To sell you must post in the classifieds section /for sale section, or whatever it's called, or become a subscriber (which I...
  12. Coilvoice

Bostown, I would be more than happy to help you with more pics, (as requested via PM) but my Aurum and Ingot are packed up at the moment. We are restoring a historical home and renting another property, so a ton of my extra stuff is packed away. If you don't get it resolved by the time I can...
  13. Coilvoice

EMIT magnets - difference?

Below is a link to the Infinity RSIIb. They are calling the the top (1/2 exposed diaphram) tweeter a UHF (Ultra high frequency) Emit and the one below it a LF (Low frequency) Emit. It's a very interesting shematic. As stated previously by another member the Emits are playing different...
  14. Coilvoice

EMIT magnets - difference?

It makes sense to me that Infinity would place a different magnet (Neodymium) on the Emit that was utilized as a super tweeter given the claim of frequency extension up to 45,000 kHz. Frequencies ranging well above what the average person should be able to hear have been reported (by some high...
  15. Coilvoice

My new RSIIB's

I love your speakers! I've owned three pair of the Infinity RSII's over the years and loved every minute in front of them. The EQ made for the A and B models is worth picking up and utilizing with a simple biamp mod to the RSII model. I agree with pulling them off the wall some and letting them...
  16. Coilvoice

Arnie Nudell: From Here to Infinity

Excellent interview. I have always loved Arnie's Infinity designs. I have owned many models through the years like the RSII's, Kappa 9's etc. I recently purchased a pair of Genesis 200's with X30 ribbon tweeters and X2 four foot ribbon midrange drivers between the pair of front mains. I...
  17. Coilvoice

Replacing bulbs with LEDs?

I believe I saw a picture of your Pioneer with the blue light ring around the knob. I thought it looked great!
  18. Coilvoice

Flac converter /player

I really appreciate the advice. I set up VLC as the default player and now when I highlight all the tracks, the skip forward button works as intended. The strange thing is that when playing a wav file, I get the option (play all) for the tracks. When playing flac files, I only get the (play)...
  19. Coilvoice

You know you're an audio equipment collector when...

When you're going on a vacation and have to unload the gear out of the trunk to make room for the luggage.
  20. Coilvoice

For all of the Thrift Store junkies out there

LOL!! :lmao: :beerchug: That is absolutely hillarious!! I sometimes feel when pulling into the thrift, that if my lucky parking spot is available, something worthy lurks inside. I know it sounds ridiculous and quite frankly it is, but most of my nice scores have been had when parked there...
  21. Coilvoice

Flac converter /player

I decided to try another one before I settled, since so many were mentioned here with good results. Now trying the VLC media player. I like it the most so far, but one problem I have been having with a few of these players is that when pulling up an album on my HD, normally I get a play all...
  22. Coilvoice

Re-vamped 2 channel system

When you can, I highly reccomend replacing the silver coil tweeters with the newer silk domes specific to your model speakers. It sounds as if you already know about this upgrade, but I just wanted to comment. I had a chance to hear a friends pair after the upgrade and they sounded so much...
  23. Coilvoice

Is my SX-950 really that good?

+1. I had an SX-1250 for awhile as well and it had a very extensive tuner section! Built like a brick sh_t house! :D
Back
Top Bottom