Search results

1. O

Tubes4hifi /I need some help.

Anyone feel like taking a stab at fixing this? I will supply all the paper I haveand will pay for shipping and repair. I find that I am just too unwell to even attempt to retry this. I have three end of life diseases. All I want to do is get this fixed, sell my last two ten inch RTR's A 1700...
  2. O

Thanks everyone for your input. I have already started to disassemble in hopes of finding problem, plus it will clear up my spaghetti some.
  3. O

Z-tcla follow up more pictures
  4. O

Z-tcla follow up here are some more pictures I hope they are better.
  5. O

Problem is Dave that I don't have anywhere close to those voltages and I still have lots of wild ac around, at these points should I not have no AC?
  6. O

This was a brand new purchase that I built , my confusion is that I don't have a clue as to TS on tubes. and all I have to test with is a meter.
  7. O

Z-tcla follow up This should be it as far as directions and diagrams received, I am going to start rewiring the spaghetti soon to at least make it look good. One of the things that I think Roy kept missing is he thought I had a PAS3 which I did not I bought new chassis and everything from him...
  8. O

Z-tcla follow up ok File 6 shows where some of the wiring for the phono pc goes note the pc5 shown is not the one that I have, also note the volume and balance line connections..had a three day argument with Roy over this as I was looking at six straight in a row holes down from the top and he...
  9. O

Z-tcla follow up here are 5 attachments, first page second para he talks about tube rectifiers and how they are better than SS diodes and the immediate sentence after he says they use silicon diodes and low ESR caps. Sort of contradicts himself. File 2 on this page at the top he states to...
  10. O

Thanks for replys here are some photos,sorry for the clarity. I will have to scan and copy all the instructions, beware there are a lot of wrong boards shown and a lot of the wording to me is confusing. Plus when he sent the unit he forgot to send the tubes...that was my first frustration. This...
  11. O

hi fellow AKers, I was wondering if anyone here has had dealings with Mr Roy Mottram on this site? I purchased a Z-TCLA mod preamp or the PAS3Clone. I have had nothing but headaches from this since I bought it in may time frame. I know that I cannot get my money back but I would like to get...
  12. O

Gary, I lost your amps.

It's hell getting old, I look in the mirror and wonder who stole my young face, climb the stairs and wonder who took all my wind, I take one drink of beer and have to go piss eight times. I put my glasses up on my head then spend an hour trying to find them, by the time I am ready to start my...
  13. O

Triode Electronics

Well guys I got both of them built, smoke tested, biased and connected into my system. I have the left side up and sounds good the right side however is beginning to puzzle the heck out of me. I still got some more checking before I can say it is the amp. Most of the problem I found was color...
  14. O

Work for Bose?

I had a friend that I met in Miss. that when I got to Germany was there working for Bose while his wife was in the Air force, He brought a pair of 901's to my house and let me keep them for a month I was sold, then he offered to sell them to me a dealer price. When ever I went into the BX or the...
  15. O

Triode Electronics

Hi guys, Have any of you tried building the MK3 MKIII by triode? First thing I noticed is they goofed on sending me parts, all parts, 3 times. Then their instructions start out on how to modify that which I have not built yet. There are no pictures of where things go, and then when you are ready...
  16. O

cleaning molded tape?

I would use a tiny bit of bleach in the alcohol /water solution. I used very hot soapy water and a cap of bleach to wash some old vinyl records and it took all the mold off, then I had to clean the soap spots off but that was easy. Steve
  17. O

Says delivered on porch....UPS

UPS has a deliver to adult signature, that is always the way to go when ordering stuff. I hope it was a misdelivery, I know USPS rings the bell and leaves things on the doorstep, if you don't hear the bell, it could be stolen. Thats why insurance is a good thing too. Did you buy with CC? they...
  18. O

Let me tell you about my recent Craigslist experience.

I had one experience with the C list, bought the pair of JVC headphones I am listening to right now for 45 bucks and 20 shipping...they are super they are the 5944's, this is my second pair, my first pair were ready to put in a box and give a burial, I just wore them out. I had repaired the...
  19. O

What are you listening to on your reel to reel right now?

Akai 635d through JVC Quads Just listened to 'safety dance' men without hats...now it is Promises, promises by naked eyes ....still standing elton john....heart and soul huey lewis....lots of variety on this tape...
  20. O

Amp Question

Thanks so far guys, I had this working with two amps and three tape decks and two routers, but with the addition of the third amp things started to get a little strange. When I 'y' the phono to all three the sound becomes loaded down. same when I 'y' the CD player. I guess I am going to have to...
  21. O

Amp Question

You have three amps all with the same basic inputs and outputs. Two RTR, three Cassettes, How do you hook them up so that all three amps have #1 RTR in the tape one position, One Cassette in the tape two position and where the heck do you put the rest when you only have 2 tape inputs, unless you...
  22. O

Audio Karma Glossary

Sorry.
  23. O

Audio Karma Glossary

Amplifier question If you have three amps all with the same basic inputs and outputs. Two RTR, three Cassettes, How do you hook them up so that all three amps have #1 RTR in the tape one position, One Cassette in the tape two position and where the heck do you put the rest when you only have 2...
  24. O

Which Reel to Reels to buy and stay away from?

Hey guys, I have had my Akai 635D for almost 40 years and only ever had one minor problem with the left channel which I got fixed for less than $80. Has worked just fine since for 15 yrs. I would love to have a technics 1506 but they qare hard to find. Steve
  25. O

Questions About La Scala's

I just recently bought a pair, they sound wonderful, but I have been reading about these upgrades that 'Bob Crites ?' does. How do I find out more..cost what they are etc...Also has anyone ever rebuilt the cabinets for these? If so how hard was it to do, and did you use plywood with veneer or...
Back
Top Bottom