Search results

1. jellyfish

A blank slate--help me redesign my audio space!

These are concrete floors, so there isn't much sound passing to the upstairs neighbors, I think. And since I'm just putting them in the kitchen, there isn't any furntiure to move about. That part doesn't worry me too much.
  2. jellyfish

Thanks for all your ideas! I'm still thinking about ceiling speakers in the kitchen, as don't really need tremendous sound quality. I think the sound deadening may be useful advice, and I'm trying to figure if any of these bluetooth in-wall receivers are worth the time...
  3. jellyfish

I'm asking the wise folks here at AK for advice on what they would do if they could design it from scratch. Essentially, I have just purchased an apartment, and we are pulling out all the built-in stuff, and rebuilding the interior. I want to know...what worked for you, what is a must, what is...
  4. jellyfish

What are you drinking now?

Silverrocket, Any reasonable substitute for agave syrup? I don't have any in these here parts.
  5. jellyfish

28 Years Old and still sounds fantastic...

The size is definitely one of the advantages. I have a 7220PE and when I moved trans-Pacific, I could actually put it in my suitcase! It's a great sounding little receiver for those of us "on the move" a lot.
  6. jellyfish

help with outdoor speaker wiring

Will it be clear which is positive/negative?
  7. jellyfish

Well, first of all, Ragnar, yes these will go out on the porch just to play music--no hi fi of any is expected. Just PA system quality is okay for this use. MunkeyQ--If I remove the transformers inside, should I expect to find a crossover? How can these be wired as regular 8 ohm speakers?
  8. jellyfish

I noticed some extra information on the back of the speakers "15 Watts, 100V Line" and then "Wiring Indication: Blue 500Ω, Brown 1KΩ, Yellow COM"
  9. jellyfish

Sorry, I don't much about 'lectricity! When I moved into my apartment, there was a pair of old outdoor speakers that I want to hook up to my current receiver. The thing is...the speakers come with a prewired bundle of a brown wire, a blue wire, and a green (with yellow stripe) wire. HOW DO I...
  10. jellyfish

NEW! Chinese-made (PRC) Xindak R2R tape recorder

Gotta agree with Art. Outside of Japan, stereo stores in Asia are filled with absolute crap, designed for karaoke. It's depressing.
  11. jellyfish

Going from Big to Small: 9090db to ?

Thanks everyone for your ideas! Am I right in thinking that the 881 does not have a separately usable pre-amp section whereas the Eight does? Wouldn't that make the Eight more useful in the future, or would amping it with something else totally defeat the purpose of buying a warm Sansui...
  12. jellyfish

Thank you AK members

Ken, I just had a laugh about the San Migs. Where I live, it is absolute cheap draft in practically every bar. And the stubbies are cheap and better than draft, too.
  13. jellyfish

Thanks for these good ideas. Nosirrah, the 7070 is similar in power (WPC) with the 881 and Eight. Have you ever had a chance to compare them, sound-wise?
  14. jellyfish

Hey all, I could use some help figuring out my next Sansui receiver purchase. I used to have a 9090db and loved it, but as you know, if is monstrously large. I had to jettison it before a trans-Pacific move. But I miss it so. So now I want to replace the 9090db, BUT I live in a small place...
  15. jellyfish

8080 and 9090 Roll Call!

I had a 9090DB and a 1000A, but was forced to unload them when I moved from the U.S. to Taiwan. The freight charges for that monster would have bankrupt me at that time. I also figured I could find one over here for a reasonable price. Interestingly, although Taiwan is a close neighbor to...
  16. jellyfish

Monitor Audio M series (M4)

Thanks for the review! I really liked them when I heard them, too, but I wanted to make sure that they were not a "budget" version of true Monitor Audio speakers.
  17. jellyfish

Monitor Audio M series (M4)

I'm thinking about buying a pair of Monitor Audio M4, and am trying to find user reviews. Strangely, though, I cannot find anything online. I'm wondering if anyone has any information about this line of Monitor Audio. There is a lot out there for Gold, Silver, Platinum, Apex, etc. lines, but...
  18. jellyfish

Bumbershoot in Seattle

I just thought I would put a plug in for Seattle's annual music fest, Bumbershoot. It a a huge festival--4 days, about 35 bands per day, art, poetry, lots of other stuff, too. Indie rock, hip-hop, blues--it covers a lot. If you are in the Pacific NW, I recommend it wholeheartedly. The...
  19. jellyfish

Good/Bad Ebay Sellers--good or bad idea?

The number of positive feedback entires can be misleading though. I am currently SOL on a receiver won through ebay from someone with lots and lots of (over 3000) positive responses for little toys they sell. Their excuse for the receiver has been that they don't have packing materials. What...
  20. jellyfish

Ckelly- OK, some good points. But what would be the legal ramifications of publishing a list of people's experiences with certain vendors? I can't see any. It is not groundless libel is it? I am not promoting just a McCarthyesque naming of names with no explanation, but rather a place to...
  21. jellyfish

So, I'm just wondering if AK has a policy on, or has had a significant discussion on the value of creating a list of recommended and to-be-avoided ebay sellers. I searched the site, and found both a few positive comments on sellers, as well as justified anger about shoddy packaging, timely...
  22. jellyfish

Yamaha integrated amps: what's your favorite?

jtpzenith- I have always thought that this little amp was a pretty honest sounding piece of equipment, and I've enjoyed it for 14 years now. It's good to find out that even the low grade Yamaha stuff was outfit well, sonically speaking. Of course, I don't really know what to do with it now...
  23. jellyfish

DANG! This sounds SO good!

bully, glad to hear you are finding a few moments to smile in what is a difficult time without Roxie.
  24. jellyfish

speaker a and b switches"devides power??

Does this have anything to do with the fact that 1) when there are no speakers selected or sets B or C are selected (where none are hooked up), the power meters run evenly when i turn the volume up a little. BUT 2) when I switch to set A, where my speakers are, only one side produces...
  25. jellyfish

Enter Contest Here

jellyfish
Back
Top Bottom