Search results

1. nbarber

Most Underrated Album from the Mid-1980s

I too am a metal head and in my opinion (one of) the most overlooked (metal) albums of the mid 80's is Mercyful Fate - Don't Break the Oath
  2. nbarber

Analog system complete?

Thar was quick :biggrin:
  3. nbarber

What's your SINGLE Favorite song that you recently found that's not English?

Davis Lee Roth - Timido
  4. nbarber

Analog system complete?

Nice setup and no better feeling than that of being content with your current system. For me, that's when I listen to the music instead of listening to the system.
  5. nbarber

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

No single quote has summed up my 20's better
  6. nbarber

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

My office vinyl rig is torn apart for cleaning and maintenance so it's all streaming today... Gluecifer - Go Away Man
  7. nbarber

Led Zeppelin VS Black Sabbath

The Sabbath fans seem a little more vocal... I'm squarely in the Sabbath camp. Both bands are still hugely influential but Sabbath has influenced far more of the bands that I listen too.
  8. nbarber

Tool Time: Electric Impact Wrenches

"Any idea the torque Milwaukee claims for yours?" From the website: 1,000 ft-lbs of fastening torque and 1400 ft-lbs of nut-busting torque. I've never put it up against a nut it could not break loose Same as WillVT, I have a lot of tools that use the same batteries. Once you choose a battery...
  9. nbarber

Tool Time: Electric Impact Wrenches

"Am I expecting too much from this cheap tool?". Yes, you get what you pay for. "How much should I anticipate spending to do a simple task like removing a lug bolt, much less an upper control arm nut?". I paid about 7x as much as you did. I have a Milwaukee 1/2 inch impact wrench and it works...
  10. nbarber

JBL L80T a pair with new tweeters from "simply speakers" and new Paradigm woofers. Mids and crossovers are OEM. All for the low low price of 60 bucks

The crossovers are worth more than $60.00. I don't know about run like hell but I might walk over and check them out.
  11. nbarber

Audiokarma Member of the Year 2023

Well done Heather! Thank you for all that you do for the AK community,.
  12. nbarber

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

My current, go-to TT in the office.
  13. nbarber

What TT's do you folks have

I'm down to only five (currently hooked to separate systems) :-) with several others in various states of (dis)-repair... Main - VPI scout Upstairs - Technics SL 1300 1st Office rig - Sony PS-X50 2nd office rig - Technics SL-5 Shop rig - Sony PS-X5
  14. nbarber

What's the story with all of these (non-audio) thread topics?

Isn't the OP's original question, in itself, an off-topic post?
  15. nbarber

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

The Darts - Snake Oil on a set of Advent 1's
  16. nbarber

Realistic Optimus 800: Treasure or trash?

They are by no means an exceptional speaker, think of them as the Radio Shack equivalent of a big box store rack system speaker. They will sound "pretty good" to some, "really good" others and "terrible" to the rest. If you've never re-foamed a speaker before, these would be an excellent pair...
  17. nbarber

Name a movie that affected you deeply

I saw Over the Edge when I was 12 in 1980 and it struck a chord with me. Also made me life long Cheap Trick fan...
  18. nbarber

Favorite tv character!

Brock Samson
  19. nbarber

Welcome to AK
  20. nbarber

Sony PS-X60 turntable

Just in case it's not as easy as you're being lead to believe (not saying it isn't or questioning the expertise of the other helpful members) you may need to dig in a little deeper and clean the lift mechanism a bit more thoroughly. It's been a while since I've had mine apart but it did suffer...
  21. nbarber

Pioneer SX-535 SX-737

Just my two cents... I found them to be voiced very similarly. The appreciable difference is the added power of the 737 and the overhead that brings. Neither is particularly powerful though so It will largely depend on your speakers, source and the condition of the respective components. Apples...
  22. nbarber

What tv show are you currently binging?

My wife and I are about half way through Fargo. It's one of her favorite movies, we're both big Coen brothers fans and the series is excellent. If you enjoy well scripted dark comedies I'd highly recommend it.
  23. nbarber

How to re cap a KA 94 KENWOOD AMPLIFIER

Not to hijack the OP's thread but t's been a few years do I doubt he'll mind... Be patient and persistent. I just went through mine and it was a bear to get good penetration, especially with a newer, yellow straw Deoxit can. I spent several days carefully dripping Deoxit on the switches...
  24. nbarber

You gotta turn it up! Songs best listened to LOUD!

Accept - Fast as a Shark
Back
Top Bottom