Search results

1. saltpeter

Rega fono mk2 or clear audio nano v2

Either one a clear winner while I wait for a APT Holman to be repaired?
  2. saltpeter

Testing output on MC2255

I just received a well used 2255 and would like to know how to test the output. Initial test with a signal generator and no speakers connected shows the meter on the right channel to be much lower. Is this an accurate enough test, or should I use a multi-meter and test the output connectors...
  3. saltpeter

Thorens TD 160 setup

I have a Thorens bought on the 'bay that looks like a custom arm setup. The table spins nicely, but the needle just skates over the record, with seemingly no way to adjust the arm. Is there something missing from this arm? Where there should be a weight there are only those metal rods...
  4. saltpeter

Pre amps in Series ?

This is a newbie question, but I think my senses are dulled from the holidays I'm thinking of hooking up the following: Music Reference RM10 EL34 tube amp connected to the pre-out of a Marantz 4200 AV receiver. That might sound allright, the Marantz has a good tuner. However the one feature...
  5. saltpeter

EL84 Question

I'm pretty new to tube gear...I've got a newly purchased Music Reference RM-10 power amp that was sounding very nice. Until today when powering up resulted in no sound. :sigh: one of the 6BQ5 tubes no longer lights up...so is this the likely culprit? I didn't think one output tube would...
  6. saltpeter

Mcintosh MC 30 Repair

What do you all think of this type of power transformer replacement for a MC 30? If you can't find a stock transformer, what is a good choice for a replacement.... It seems like the tubes would work harder or hotter depending on the choice. http://www.ebay.com/itm/390341077291
  7. saltpeter

New project help - Sota

I picked up a project on the Ebay, and could really use some ideas for this one. I dabble in electronics and have listened to vinyl for many years, but when it comes to turntable adjustments, I am out of my element. This one is an old Sota with no belt or tonearm & arm board. It has a...
Back
Top Bottom