Search results

1. 60 Cycle Hum

how to evaluate older speakers (DCM TF-600)

A trick for testing tweeters: turn the bass all the way down and the treble all the way up. This will help you to figure out if they are working at least.
  2. 60 Cycle Hum

Knight Mystery Speakers From An Estate. Any Thoughts? Model KN 800 HC Pics!

Speaker code: 220342. Jenson from 1962 if my interpretation is correct. I'll pull one and post a pic when I get a chance.
  3. 60 Cycle Hum

Also, I think the cabinets may be the ones shown on the bottom left. It's getting late, but I'll try and hook them up tomorrow and maybe get some more pics. Thanks!
  4. 60 Cycle Hum

Damn it man. You are two steps ahead of me! What I didn't mention was that he gave me a third Identical cabinet, and its loaded with the KN12 HC shown on the opposite page. I was gonna post about that one later. I think he has a fourth but couldn't get it in his vehicle. It's 170 miles away...
  5. 60 Cycle Hum

Very good eye! I noticed that mine were cast frames but didn't notice the difference in the other posts. I found a little info on the 800's but nothing on the 800hc.
  6. 60 Cycle Hum

It looks as if yours are in Bozak cabinets?
  7. 60 Cycle Hum

Good info. Thanks. Maybe someone recognizes the cabinets ...
  8. 60 Cycle Hum

A friend is dealing with his late parent's estate. He gave me their old audio gear, Garrard turntables and such. Nothing spectacular but these could be the prize. Y'all got any info? just got 'em in the house a couple of hours ago.
  9. 60 Cycle Hum

Nikko NR-1050 defaults to radio when powered up. Help? User Manual?

It is a fine receiver and this is a minor annoyance, but the black case and lack of knobs make me appreciate old silver-faced gear. It's much easier to deal with - dim lights and old eyes.
  10. 60 Cycle Hum

Thank you kind sir! I think you are probably right. BTW, I couldn't get my programable remote to work with the receiver even though it supposedly should have.
  11. 60 Cycle Hum

I'll see if I can get a programable remote configured and give this a try. Thanks.
  12. 60 Cycle Hum

My Nikko NR-1050 defaults to radio when powered up. Is this normal? Can I change it so that it it powers up where I left it? I don't have the remote. I found a service manual but no user manual. Can anyone hook me up? I just put it into service after my old Onkyo integrated blew up last week.
  13. 60 Cycle Hum

Radio Shack Optimus 4061A version of LX5

I bought a pair of LX5's new at an RS blowout closing sale. When I got home I realized I had one 4061 and one 4061A. I just replaced the woofers with these: https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-5-woofers/hi-vi-l5-8r-5-woven-kevlar-cone-woofer/ The only differences that I could spot...
  14. 60 Cycle Hum

Help identifying old Wharfedale speakers

Wharfedale Super 60's: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/wharfedale-super-60-find-pics-and-questions.685223/ I finally restored my best pair and I can testify that they are quite nice! I think I might be the resident expert on these as they are pretty rare.
  15. 60 Cycle Hum

Allied Knight need some help

I found a working orphan and I recently gutted it. Maybe I can help: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/knight-orphan-dumpster-innards-horn-cast-frame-piezo-id.603693/
  16. 60 Cycle Hum

Wharfedale Speakers

For the record, they are Wharfedale Super 60's.
  17. 60 Cycle Hum

Spendor SP3/1 speaker find and surround repair help.

Never got any info so I didn't pursue it further.
  18. 60 Cycle Hum

What vintage Wharfdale is this?

They are likely Wharfedale Super 60's. I have some that have been on the to-do list for too long! https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/wharfedale-super-60-find-pics-and-questions.685223/
  19. 60 Cycle Hum

Latest Favorite Little Speakers (AR Fun Partners)

ARe those meant to be mounted in corners? Might help the bass response.
  20. 60 Cycle Hum

Today's ROCKABILLY play list

I just bought this one from Robbie, his own self, as we say down south.
  21. 60 Cycle Hum

Imma gonna go bumpity-bump one time. Anyone? Bueller?
  22. 60 Cycle Hum

I had dinner at a friends house last night and brought her a CD player to replace one that wasn't working. I knew she had some decent gear but didn't know the specifics. She is not a musician but has worked with some major music festivals and I believe some time at the NY Metropolitan Opera...
  23. 60 Cycle Hum

Chromecast Audio discontinued

An Ode to the Chromecast Audio: https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/01/30/opinion-an-ode-to-the-chromecast-audio/
  24. 60 Cycle Hum

Help with implementing a hard drive

Info on a song that I downloaded from Google Play (after I uploaded a FLAC file of it).
  25. 60 Cycle Hum

Help with implementing a hard drive

I believe 320 kbps Mp3 is correct.
Back
Top Bottom