Search results

1. Glassman

Calling all 1120 Owners

I have considered doing something like that. I am not sure how hot the bulb gets so I want to make sure I don't burn it out by trapping the heat. Upon further consideration, I don't think I have the black piece with the 1/2 circle cut out which appears to help guide the light toward the face...
  2. Glassman

Calling all 1120 Owners

Well, that is pretty much what I have as well which is reassuring. Maybe the pilot just isn't that bright. It's on and I can tell its on but it's not very bright. Thanks for posting the image. Enjoy your 1120!
  3. Glassman

Calling all 1120 Owners

I have just had the pilot lamp replaced in my 1120 for the third and finally correct time (right part, right voltage, competent repair person, etc) but it is not very bright. I am concerned there is some sort of shroud missing, removed by the first person to change the bulb. Can one of you...
  4. Glassman

Sansui AU-888 sells for........

Woo-hoo! I couldn't believe it either. I pulled mine out again yesterday and hooked it up to a set of Kirksaeter Monitor 120's. That amp is my first piece of vintage stereo gear and has outlasted everything. I am sure it needs some adjustment but it has never faltered (a little rumble when...
  5. Glassman

Happy Birthday Glassman!

Thanks to all. Not an ideal birthday but I stole some time away to work on a set of speakers. There are worse ways to spend a day. Jay
  6. Glassman

Bolivar Speaker Works ????

One comment I read stated the good bass response on the Model 18 is due to the 8" woofer in a large cabinet. If I recall, Bolivar used one basic cabinet for all models to save on cost. The same cabinet was designed to hold a 10" woofer for the Model 64. For $30 invested, I think you would be...
  7. Glassman

Bolivar Speaker Works ????

Model 18 I picked up a pair of these from Goodwill a few weeks ago. Drivers were all in good shape (aside from foam) and grills and emblems were present so I took a chance as I have heard the name before. I researched everything I could find about them and most people stated they sound...
  8. Glassman

Onkyo Grand Integra P-308 RCA Jack

Hey everyone! Been a while since I posted. A friend of mine bought an Onkyo Grand Integra P-308 preamp and one of the gold sleeves is missing from the CD input RCA. Apparently the sleeves can come off sometimes if cables fit too snuggly. Does anyone have a recommendation for a replacement...
  9. Glassman

Sansui AU-717 Filter Caps

Echowars repaired my 717 and used the same Nichicon caps. To my ear, it sounds great. As far as speaker wire, I don't get caught up in wire debates but it makes some sense to me that a larger gauge wire will carry the signal more efficiently over a long distance. Monster is overpriced...
  10. Glassman

Sansui AU-888...Damn!

Hey Rob, I was hoping you would chime in. I have been watching your posts since you first got your AU/TU-888 and at this point you are more an authority than me. The sound is great out of both channels; strong and clear. The only thing I notice is the heat from the left heatsink is higher...
  11. Glassman

Sansui AU-888...Damn!

OK, so I don't post much but my first thread 7 years ago was about this very amplifier (and matching tuner). I recently came into some 1978 Klipsch Cornwalls and have been listening to different amplifiers. Sansui AU-717: Totally rebuilt by Echowars a few years ago and he did a...
  12. Glassman

Denver, CO: 4th Annual Vintage Voltage Expo

Mark, Thank you very much. The food was great as was the conversation. I look forward to the next time we all get together. It is always a pleasure meeting other members in the area. Jay
  13. Glassman

ID Angstrom speakers

Chiming in late. cball is right. I have a set of the Reflexions which are a 2 1/2 way speaker (the second 8" woofer is crossed over at a higher frequency than the lower woofer). The Reflexions sound fantastic so I would assume the 2-way Reference would sound very good also. Did you end up...
  14. Glassman

Marantz 2220 repair

I posted a while back about my 2220. I need feet and some replacement bulbs but I am curious if you bench tested it to see what the actual WPC output is on one of these. I know it is rated for 20 watts but it seems more powerful than that. Thanks. Jay
  15. Glassman

Philips CD 680

Very nice. I have the FTS option on my player as well, spelled "Favourite" which is what led me to believe it was not a US market release. So far mine has not had any issues reading discs although there is the occasional tracking problem when I am trying to skip forward to a particular...
  16. Glassman

Philips CD 680

Thanks Sam. I saw that site and a few others discussing the player. If anything ever happens to the transport I found a listing for the correct replacement, assuming it is still available. This model does not seem all that common although at least one other AK member has one, too. The...
  17. Glassman

Philips CD 680

Hey everybody! I picked one of these up at GW a couple weeks ago. Info is sparse on these but found some basic specs. It sounds great and is a welcome addition to my office system. I was curious if anyone can tell me the price when new? I believe it is from 1988. Thank you. Jay
  18. Glassman

Marantz 2220 WPC

Agreed. I have compared it to a Concept 2.5 and honestly the Marantz sounds more substantial. It will fit nicely into my office system now that my Yamaha CA-1000 has decided to get flakey. Jay
  19. Glassman

Marantz 2220 WPC

Hey everybody. Long time member; infrequent poster. I recently picked up a 2220 in a non-OEM case at Goodwill. The case was destroyed but it managed to protect the face all these years so the unit is in great shape aside from some burnt out bulbs. I wondered if anyone had ever...
  20. Glassman

Philips CD 680

I just picked one of these up at Goodwill and so far everything seems to work and it is in decent shape. Aside from having decent components, I cannot seem to find much of anything on this player. Can anyone give me an idea of original value? It is from 1988 and is still going strong. Made...
  21. Glassman

Denver BBQ w/ dokblues

Toni, Thank you very much for hosting. Mark, the BBQ was great. It was nice to meet some more local audio fans. We will have to do it again soon. Jay
  22. Glassman

Denver BBQ w/ dokblues

Brian tipped me off to the fact there is a meet going on and wanted to see if I wanted to come. If it is fine with all of you, I planned to pick up Brian at work and then head there. Jay
  23. Glassman

Small footprint integrated with good headphone out?

Also, look at the Marantz 1030, 1060, or 1090. My 1120 is noticeably smaller than any other integrated I own (Sansui AU-888, Yamaha CA-1000, Sansui AU-717, etc). Jay
  24. Glassman

BANANA PLUGS on G 8000

I had Glen add binding posts to the 717 I had him rebuild. I know it deviates from stock but I am not too worried about value because I don't ever intend to sell my amplifier. If you don't think you will keep the G 8000, perhaps it would be a bad idea from the collectibility standpoint. If...
  25. Glassman

Colorado meet up?

Patrick & Rosalie, I second Mark's comments. You are both very gracious hosts and I had a great time. I got to hear the LaScalas and Fisher amps as I was leaving and it left a significant impression. Thank you again and it was great to see all of you again. Jay
Back
Top Bottom