Search results

1. Marantz 2270

Thrift store find - Dual CS 630Q

If you can get it to stop on its own, you can try this when it's plugged in. Lock the tonearm down on its rest, hit start, hopefully things start moving. Sometimes that resets the mechanism which is much like a clock. If that works and it shuts itself off at the end of the cycle you, success...
  2. Marantz 2270

Sure M91ED sound, comparing vinyl to audio CD

I did Miles Davis Kind of Blue SACD, against the 180 gram standard vinyl re-issue version using a Dual 721 with V15III SAS and preamp was from my Realistic STA 2000. I was amazed that there was literally no difference except the vinyl had a slight amount of groove noise! Very happy. I would...
  3. Marantz 2270

Is Crosley a problem for Vinyl revival?

I think that the percentage of youth that want better quality and better sound will keep better turntables alive.
  4. Marantz 2270

Perfectionist Needs Help with New LPs

On my 1229, you can pull the center spindle out and position the lp off center to correct.
  5. Marantz 2270

Record cleaning- How to improve?

Fine line stylus? I'm using a NOS V15111 because I'm afraid of using the SAS on anything that crackles. BTW, This crackling is mostly on the first two tracks, but is lower, but still there on the remainder. Im thinking these records were left out for days and slid around by the looks of them...
  6. Marantz 2270

More soaking is a great idea! I was thinking of just vacuuming more, but this makes a lot more sense.
  7. Marantz 2270

Yes, spin clean first then vacuum 2nd.
  8. Marantz 2270

I just found two records that I really wanted at a garage sale. They have a unique background noise. It is a constant crackling that does not affect higher output Sonics. It is just in the quieter passages but it is constant. I just made a record cleaning wand for my wet dry vac. It's a great...
  9. Marantz 2270

Static Draining Record Brush

I have that audioquest brush and like my old Decca brush better.The audioquest is actually harder and more rigid than the mapleshade SS strands. The old Decca seems the softest and likes stick in the grooves more powerfully, but mine is very old. Mapleshade claims other brushes put static from...
  10. Marantz 2270

Static Draining Record Brush

I've had this brush in use for exactly one year. http://shop.mapleshadestore.com/mobile/prodinfo.asp?number=PHONO-BRU&variation=NATURAL I asked my daughter to get it for me for Christmas last year. I play about four lps a week. I never heard much static reductuon. The ground wire broke off...
  11. Marantz 2270

Shure M91ED vs M7-N21D

Would any 1 1/4 gram tracking assembly with simiar shank width, be worth a try? I have no n91s but i have a lot of other brand candidates. Imagining using an N97 modern stylus.
  12. Marantz 2270

W.A.F. What does it mean to you?

My living room had a big WAF to start. (This was a 30 year process) When the approved bose system broke back in '85, I brought up massive ESS Amt3 Rock monitors, from the basement. Huge process. Every 10 years it seems I reduce speaker size for what I think sounds better. The ESS were replaced...
  13. Marantz 2270

Taylor Swift Pulls Her Entire Catalog From Spotify

As someone with a spotify premium subscription, that I use to decide what vinyl to buy, I am very scared of what this may mean, when other power house acts follow. Not a good example, but I just bought the new Roseanne Cash after listening on spotify. Spotify In the car, giving .006 cents per...
  14. Marantz 2270

Avery Fischer Hall vs my stereo

^This Voicing FTW IMHO
  15. Marantz 2270

Why does Fall make me want to spin an LP?

It is always a good day when the window air conditioners are off!
  16. Marantz 2270

Pioneer SA-6500 II Impedance Warning

There ya go. Nice System.:music:
  17. Marantz 2270

Pioneer HPM-100 or ADS 710 w/70s receiver

Fwiw, the ads l710s sound the best on my marantz 2270 even though they are not supposed to.
  18. Marantz 2270

Me, I've showed you that my choice would be to buy the pioneers. To tell you the truth, I can't wait to get home to listen to the five JBLs on the second day of set up. Yesterday was tweaking day and they were very impressive. I did the ads room last weekend and I'm very tempted to sit there...
  19. Marantz 2270

Very subjective question. I just changed out the four Jbl l100s in my livingroom, for two ads L710s and two Braun L 830s, both on separate amps. Why? Because my tastes evolved and the JBLs, somewhat similar to the HPM 100s, did not cut it any more for me with jazz. These jbl and pioneer...
  20. Marantz 2270

What should I do with these L100s

Keep them for Jimi Hendrix Night.
  21. Marantz 2270

Jico SAS run out issue

The arm looks a lot like that if my 1229, which can handle most any cart compliance. My vote goes to the tt as the problem.
  22. Marantz 2270

1964 Braun L-1000 studio monitors

Drooling...I only have the L830s, and love them.
  23. Marantz 2270

Is the ads 810 truly a great speaker or not

I like my 710s so much downstairs that I will soon be moving them to my main system upstairs where they will be in a large room with Braun 830s. I will be replacing restored jbl l100s and ess rock monitors with those great Heils. Im getting older and I think this will be a good decision for me.
  24. Marantz 2270

I don't mean to gush, but my Dual 1219 continues to impress

1219 has more metal parts. Seth could tell you more. Love the comments. A mint 721 is currently trying to dethrone my tweaked 1229.
  25. Marantz 2270

Are We Deranged??

Guilty. System in the living room, bathroom, bedroom, garage, basement, and three spare systems. Degranged Indeed.
Back
Top Bottom