Search results

1. Micropassatman

What TT's do you folks have

My recent (most) acquisitions are: Denon DP-30l Kenwood KD-3070 Kenwood K-5022a Technics SL-5
  2. Micropassatman

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

You twisted my arm! Here's the DA5 in all her glory Also: NS3100ES SAT-HD300 PS-10F
  3. Micropassatman

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

I agree wholeheartedly Coastsider! The DA5 AND DA7 were both flagship receivers of their respective lineups(1,3, and 5/2,4, and 7). There are arguably more Nichochon GOLD capacitors in the DA5 than the DA7, but the difference in tonal quality is negligible if at ALL audible. I have coveted...
  4. Micropassatman

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

My newest ES piece Acquired in a trade :music: A companion to my DA5ES and my F500ES.
  5. Micropassatman

Paradigm small bookshelf speakers

Just acquired a set of these bad boys for $4 apiece. They have a nice non-fatiguing timbre to them. Running them with an Onkyo TX-SR606 that was also at GW for $30.
  6. Micropassatman

Polk S6 loudspeakers

Interesting. Too bad we can't give them all a side-by-side listen.
  7. Micropassatman

Polk S6 loudspeakers

It's a crazy world. Although my S8's are LONG gone... I just bought a set of NOS S6'es N.I.B. Boy, do they sound sweet.
  8. Micropassatman

Pioneer PL-750

Yes, I did (unwittingly) decide to keep the table. Found a N.O.S. stylus for it and it is currently on loan to a friend of mine.
  9. Micropassatman

Pioneer PL-750

Similar looking. Straight tonearm with the Pioneer moving-coil cartridge on it.
  10. Micropassatman

New Addition - Denon DCM-560

Hello all! I have just(about 30 minutes ago), acquired myself this very DENON unit from my local orphan...err, Goodwill store! I knew nothing about this particular unit, but when I saw the copper chassis pieces - I snatched it up like a runaway pearl. What exactly is 'Alpha Processing'...
  11. Micropassatman

Saturday Tunes

Americano! by: Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers :music: http://www.amazon.com/Americano-Roger-Clyne-Peacemakers/dp/B0001CNR0W/ref=sr_1_2/104-5356545-3374348?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1177794008&sr=1-2
  12. Micropassatman

What's Pioneer in your rig?

Welcome, Ocean! Hopefully you won't be taken aback by this, but... :worthless :tresbon:
  13. Micropassatman

New Iron Maiden

Cool! I may have to look for it locally myself!
  14. Micropassatman

Shure 97 v Pickering XV15 625 E

Yes. I've read that review, and yes - I know that the 150MXLA is twice as expensive as the 440. Others will(and have) already paid MORE than twice that for a cartridge that will sound 'slightly' better in one or more respects to the 440. Does this mean that this is a 'fair' price point? That...
  15. Micropassatman

I'm glad to hear that your 440 has 'settled-in' a little. I, too, have wondered if AT makes a cart with just a bit more warmth. Does anyone here own the 440MLa AND the AT150MLX? Can you compare and/or contrast the sound q. of the two carts? What about the OC9?
  16. Micropassatman

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Wow. My dreeeeeeeeeeeeeam table. Someday I will posess it. I must.
  17. Micropassatman

The obvious(to me) next question, would be what speakers and equipment do you have. The 440 is revealing enough to expose the inequities(or perhaps more aptly, the 'presence') of the equipment further down the listening chain. Yes, my 440 is revealing,...do you sense a 'but' coming? But - my...
  18. Micropassatman

Let me introduce you all ...

Here are the pics: I have the service manual for mine. It is the 69T receiver. It seems to be made up of the following: P1368 AM-FM Front End 1285 Preamplifier 1381 IF Amplifier 1242 Multiplex Decoder 1282 Control Amplifier
  19. Micropassatman

Computer Question

I don't believe that MS even supports Win98SE anymore.
  20. Micropassatman

Methinks you shall love the 440. I am thoroughly impressed with mine.
  21. Micropassatman

Computer Question

Do a repair install or run an updated antivirus/anti-spyware program on it (spybotS&D)
  22. Micropassatman

The Zen of a Shure m97xe

I'll second this opinion. I tried to like my 97. I really did. It just never really...reached out to me. The 440 I replaced it with was a GODSEND. Unless your rig is extremely bright and forward - buy the AT. :music:
  23. Micropassatman

Separates vs Integrated vs Receivers...How did you make your choices?

I really wound up with my integrateds on a whim. I have stuck with the design because I, too, believe that tuners aren't necessary anymore, if they ever really were. I use them for background noise mostly. For critical listening, I always use a dedicated commercial free source.
  24. Micropassatman

Power Amplifier

Meters are a nice touch! Well done.
  25. Micropassatman

Happy Birthday Tentoze!

Habby Day T. Enjoy your suit(but please don't show it to us) :banana:
Back
Top Bottom