Search results

1. yaya97

Speakerlab store is closing

Just an update;
  2. yaya97

Great news !! Paul at the loudspeaker store is with a partner going to bring Speakerlab back to life!!! He just mentioned it on his fb page :) made my day !!!!!!!!!
  3. yaya97

This said , who would have bet that vinyl make a comeback ? Who would have believed that air cooled Porsche 911s would skyrocket ? Why is Rolex, a manual watch, appeal to many even if, in the late 70s , the future was clearly written up for digital watches ? Speakerlab did a few mistakes like...
  4. yaya97

a very sad loss even thought they have been good for years.... I had from .1s to my s7s today and I have never been disappointed ..
  5. yaya97

Speakerlab 40's

I love my 7s :)
  6. yaya97

Speakerlab questions and opinions

+1!!^^^^
  7. yaya97

I was told they also have a pair of k's but again not for listening but for looking .:(
  8. yaya97

I believe he is retired. This said, Speakerlab is owned by a woman who was part of the 70s team but I believe she had no intention to bring back any reissues series as they promised a few years back :(
  9. yaya97

I'm glad I'm s7s are not in a bigger box.... They would never have gotten Wife Approval ;) This said I still love the 7wa's !
  10. yaya97

Yes!
  11. yaya97

I hear a lot of good about the 30s. My brother did a partial trade in the 80s of his 7wa's for 30s ( yes Speakerlab did this). He was disappointed after 5 months as he missed the powerful bass of the 7s and ended up getting rid of the 30s. I m guessing that maybe the 30s might not be as "loud "...
  12. yaya97

Love my s7s with all poly drivers but the quality in the build might be lesser than seem in the precedent generations . This said I would to hear from someone having done real comparisons between the 3 gens
  13. yaya97

Speakerlab fans : upload your speakers here!

Those are monsters . Btw They love rock but do classical very well IMHO !
  14. yaya97

Speakerlab fans : upload your speakers here!

Photos !!!! :)
  15. yaya97

Is AK your social media?

Funny I was thinking about this. I dropped out of ak a few years back after I had a hard time with some members ( one was banned ) who thought they know everything. I came back and then while I was about the close my Facebook account I joined a vintage audio forum . It was fine until it became...
  16. yaya97

SpeakerLab 7 Goodness

The WA these sounded rather close in my memory . Wa had a bit more bass to me. This said sorry but they're is no way I would ever put Speakerlab in the same basket as radio shack! Sorry
  17. yaya97

SpeakerLab 7 Goodness

Photos please !!
  18. yaya97

Stanton 681eee stylus replacement

Well think I just might have original cart retipped. In he meantime I have a friend who has offered to send me his new never used orthfon om 10.. He swears by it. Heck why not?
  19. yaya97

No I do not use the brush. Again it worries me a bit to see a generic Stanton that is not expensive ( the jico at 40 bucks is on many websites). If not, I could get a brand new orthfon . The repair shop recommended an orthofon 30.
  20. yaya97

thanks for the awesome post! Visually the stylus looks good but my shop guy found his test record to lack detail. This said he also dropped it from 1.6 to 1.3g. Might make a difference . I can always buy a generic and report back..I am just afraid to play my jazz collection with a bad needle .
  21. yaya97

Thanks for the idea . It's a great cart.
  22. yaya97

Hi all, I know this has been discussed but I found nothing very recent . I just had my thorens td 150 rewired ( no more hum:)). The shop thought it might be a good idea to replace the stylus on my Stanton 681eee( very vintage ) . I looked online and saw for the 40-50 range Stanton D-6800 EEE MK...
  23. yaya97

Got a new puppy today !

We named her Canelle ( that's cinnamon in French as my better half is from France). She is about 2 according to the rescue and absolutely amazing with the kids ( 6 and 18) . She is always looking for full time affection that she gets.
Back
Top Bottom