Search results

1. Waspinators

Pioneer PL-514 TT Speed Issues

I recently picked up a late '70s Pioneer PL-514 table in pretty great cosmetic/working condition, aside from a scratched-up dustcover. The table sounds wonderful, and is definitely a step-up from the more plasticky PL-S40 I've been running for over a decade. But coming off that direct drive TT...
  2. Waspinators

CD Player recommendations??

Hello to ya both, any updates or extra info on your C-7030s? I got one on the way from Amazon and was actually unaware of the Wolfson being switched out for the AKM until after I'd ordered it, which bummed me out, but your messages are getting me excited about the 7030 again. How does it sound...
  3. Waspinators

What the hell is happening to my MP3s?

Oh boy. Would anyone know of a way I can detect corrupted MP3s in my library without manually listening to each one?
  4. Waspinators

I've not had any troubles with any other kind of files. I'm inclined to believe it's an issue that occurs when the CD is ripped, but on the other hand I'd expect EAC to make the error known upon finishing a disc. This leads me to believe it might be cause by some kind of processing iTunes puts...
  5. Waspinators

The files play the same everywhere, they've been irreversibly corrupted for some reason and have the same skip no matter where I play them. What I'd like to find out is what could be causing the corruption. I've also tried repairing them with many programs, mainly MPtrim, which only results...
  6. Waspinators

It's shown no signs of failing, and I run a defrag every week although it's usually read as 0% fragmented.
  7. Waspinators

I know a majority of people on here find MP3s to be a grotesque format outside of portable listening, but it's my main format right now. I've been using iTunes for listening and ripping with EAC/LAME 3.98 for quite some time now, and recently I've noticed a lot of my MP3s are becoming corrupted...
  8. Waspinators

Scratchy noise on new record

I just purchased a new 12" EP, about 3 minutes a side at 45rpm. On the first track of the 2nd side, there's a painfully audible scratch noise that occurs periodically from the lead-in til around the end of the track. My stylus is clean and no other noise is heard on the record. I looked closely...
  9. Waspinators

Playing 45s

My table doesn't have a strobe, but I don't know if it's an issue with the table, as I've played 12" 45s with no issue at all.
  10. Waspinators

Playing 45s

I recently bought a box of old 45s from someone emptying out a jukebox. Obviously most of them are in pretty trashy condition but some look pretty nice. I put one on (Paul Simon's "Mother and Child Reunion") and the sound started to warble towards the middle, and started skipping towards the end...
  11. Waspinators

Cut/Auto-return

Since the auto-return on my table is usually dodgy and creates an unwanted noise at the end of sides, I'm gonna open the table up and see if I can somehow disable it. I've heard from some people that it's usually just a matter of sliding out a tab or something similar, and it deactivates it for...
  12. Waspinators

What does static buildup sound like?

Recently I've been hearing a strange constant surface noise on most of my records that I don't remember hearing before switching out my stylus with a new one. It's like a windy noise, a constant "whoosh" or rubbing noise that's often noticeable in quiet passages and very audible on silent...
  13. Waspinators

Can anyone ID this Kenwood?

I found this Kenwood TT on Craigslist but it doesn't say what model it is. If anyone can ID this model by the rather low-quality pictures and maybe provide some info on it, please do.
  14. Waspinators

"Windy" surface noise

It's a $20-something Audio Techinica ATN3472SE. I've also noticed the sound isn't audible in the lead-in groove, you hear it fading in as the music starts.
  15. Waspinators

"Windy" surface noise

The stylus is actually brand new, and strangely enough I started noticing this after replacing it. I've checked closely and there is nothing touching the vinyl but the needle. I have noticed splotches/stripes on some records (even new ones), I'll have to check that closer.
  16. Waspinators

"Windy" surface noise

Recently I've noticed a strange "windy" kind of constant surface noise on many of my records. It very much sounds like wind blowing, or a rubbing noise. You could call it a rumble, it's very audible in quiet passages and sometimes even in regular passages. It's not audible when the needle isn't...
  17. Waspinators

Sony SS Series

I'm in South Florida, Broward county area. Not really looking to spend more than $150 but I would go higher if I found something real nice.
  18. Waspinators

Sony SS Series

I'm sure Sony is pretty bad word around here, but with the lousy selection of used speakers in my area (from what I've seen so far) I've been giving these a look: SS-B3000 http://www.amazon.com/Sony-SS-B3000-Bookshelf-Speakers-8-Inch/dp/B000OG6I6A/ref=pd_sim_e_2 SS-F1000...
  19. Waspinators

Will a DAC make my MP3s sound better or worse?

I just have a cheap Soundblaster Audigy card and a $50 Altec Lansing 2.1 setup. I'm aiming to upgrade the speakers and get a dedicated receiver along with a DAC, just hoping the jump in quality won't make my MP3s obsolete.
  20. Waspinators

Will a DAC make my MP3s sound better or worse?

I'm looking to upgrade my computer sound system, mainly by introducing a decent receiver and DAC. Through this system I'll mainly be listening to V0 VBR MP3s and vinyl. Will a DAC make my MP3s more pleasant, or simply make their imperfections/artifacts clearer to the ear? FLAC is a bit out of...
  21. Waspinators

Little Feat?

I just saw these guys last night and they were incredible! Such energy and feeling in their jams; was right up front and got to meet Paul and Fred after the show. Definitely a must-see show if they come to yer town.
  22. Waspinators

Empty CD jewel cases?

I get most of my CDs online, at the cost of receiving a cracked jewel case half the time. A small crack here or there is no big deal, but I feel the need to replace the case when there's a huge gash or the case itself is broken. Where can I buy a large amount of (quality) empty jewel cases for...
  23. Waspinators

Looking to build a cheap but decent sound system

Thanks for the replies fellas, I think I'm gonna go with the Onkyo receiver and spend a couple months scouting around for used speakers and CD players (I'm in South Florida, by the way). I plan to play CDs and records straight through the receiver, but also have it hooked to my computer to play...
  24. Waspinators

Yeah, unfortunately the used market is pretty piss-poor around here, at least from what I've seen.
  25. Waspinators

I wanna get my first real setup, consisting of a receiver, stereo speakers, turntable, and CD player/changer, but I'm trying to keep it under $500. I don't necessarily need an audiophile system where I can hear the sweat dripping from the bassist's forehead, just something that sounds good and...
Back
Top Bottom