Search results

1. BlazeES

Downside to SweetVinyl Sugarcube

The next biggest downside is their absolutely horrible computer interface operation. It's obvious they have no one on their staff that understands how to make these things interoperate.
  2. BlazeES

Am I crazy? My C53 sounds decently different than MA7900.

The MA8950 is amazing! Give it 50 hours to settle it and your brain to adjust... :cool:
  3. BlazeES

Downside to SweetVinyl Sugarcube

The biggest downside is that they don't respond to customer service inquiries.
  4. BlazeES

Pioneer 1020L pinch roller issues

Didn't dig deep regarding the 1020 specifically ... But these cats are making a splash - https://www.athan.com/store/c118/PIONEER.html
  5. BlazeES

What tape (any format) are you playing now?

Only the best ... :D
  6. BlazeES

About metal tape...

75 for a starting bid... unwrapped. 100 clams for BIN. But the wrapped ones are multiples higher in price. Metal... what even happened?
  7. BlazeES

Applying Last Tape Preservative to cassettes?

OVDude's advice to re-purpose an old Walkman is a great idea. A rewinder (a quality one...) would work too but may not be so controlled in it's motion. The idea of applying the solution with an 'in place' pad is the best approach. You'll get consistency throughout the application as long as...
  8. BlazeES

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Your office type/desk environment gives off a good vibe :)
  9. BlazeES

Two words say it:

Total racket
  10. BlazeES

The One Word Song Game

Earthshine - Rush
  11. BlazeES

The Banning game

OnTheBlitz is banned for not offering me a chance to buy the ES stuff first :)
  12. BlazeES

The Banning game

OnTheBlitz is banned for counting
  13. BlazeES

The Banning game

rajoo is banned because anything East Bay is not SF
  14. BlazeES

The Banning game

noogies is banned for not getting the meme
  15. BlazeES

The Banning game

This thread is ban, All Your Base Belong To Us
  16. BlazeES

Today's JAZZ playlist

17. BlazeES

FRUSTRATED by old cassette tapes binding my decks

Sort of related ... I've encountered a few tapes as of late than would force my various decks to come to a crawl - or full-on stop - when playing, recording and attempting FF/RW operations. There are some more egregious explanation for these types of failures - but those are rare for compact...
  18. BlazeES

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Only the best ... :D
  19. BlazeES

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

The menagerie lives on ... with the most recent 2019 addition of a TA-N77ES in pristine condition. TCK870ES TCK950ES CDP707ESD STS730ES TAE2000ESD TAN55ES TAN77ES ... and a few more pieces not shown
  20. BlazeES

Sony cassette

Sony made exceptional tape decks - well into the 90's.
  21. BlazeES

Apprehensive to open NOS tapes

NOS keeps flowing; has for ages. Surprising I know, I was there and once upon a time I was skeptical about supply - and bought into the whole "Peak NOS" [see Peak Oil] line of thinking. But truth be told, cassettes were subject to commoditization pretty early on, due to economies of scale and...
  22. BlazeES

Teac R-919x is it worth being repaired?

Most decks in fair-to-midland to excellent shape deserve a fighting chance..
  23. BlazeES

Post a Picture of your Tape Deck - Decks

Nice ensemble you have there man! :thmbsp: http://s69.photobucket.com/user/rdh_skylab/media/d37de547af8915107ceb8c507b82d9e6_zpsd2ba2705.jpg.html
Back
Top Bottom