Search results

1. rickb119

The 6% commission on buying or selling a home is gone

In the '90's, I sold 2 housed doing just that. Currently in the market to buy, and if I'm going to be charged a 2-3% commission, I'll do it again. With these changes, I foresee a burgeoning market for real estate attorneys.
  2. rickb119

The 6% commission on buying or selling a home is gone

From the way I read it, this will be a good thing for the seller, as they are no longer required to pay the buyers agent commission. That cost will now be shifted to the buyer, (unless the seller agrees to pay it), increasing their costs by 2-3%. For many, that extra $10-15K (upfront, out of...
  3. rickb119

Totem Acoustic Tabu speakers scroe!

Nice score. :thumbsup:
  4. rickb119

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

I sold a bunch of these, back in the '90's.
  5. rickb119

Just how many levels of DACs are there?? (Help me to get my next DAC)

It depends on the rest of the equipment in the chain. Which is...........? Back when I was comparing DAC's (Modi 3, Topping D30 and Modi Multi), speaker cables` & IC's, I had 3 systems up and running. 1-Sansui 5000a/Norman model 8. 2-B&K ex4420/KEF 104/2. 3-Sansui AU-919/Ascend Acoustics Sierra...
  6. rickb119

Spring forward and start mowing

If it looks like this, it's a Russian Olive. By all means, cut it down. Is Russian olive a good tree? When Russian olive establishes in an area, it chokes out native plants and prevents them from re-establishing, and can be detrimental to the natural hydrology of riparian areas such as...
  7. rickb119

Potpourri Of The Interesting Stuff

I'll see your James Bond, and raise you a Willy Wonka. ;)
  8. rickb119

Since I didn't know exactly what was wrong (I'd replaced the filters and spark plug). I took it to the local Stihl dealer. $50 was a small price to pay for 25 (and counting) years of service. He even gave me a spare pull cord, and showed me how to replace it, when needed.
  9. rickb119

Going to be firing mine up tomorrow. Not so much for the grass, but for the weeds. It's a rental that's been poorly maintained. Tried the chain saw last week, and no go. After 25 years, it decided it needed a new carburetor.
  10. rickb119

Just one little gesture of "nice"

About a year ago I pulled in for gas at one of those stations that has 6 (or so) islands, with 2 pumps on each. This place is always busy, as it's the only large station/convenience store on the main drag, at this end of town. As I entered, I noticed a full sized PU (3/4T) parked close to the...
  11. rickb119

ADS 780/2 vs others

You might become a subscribing member (upper right corner of the home page). Cost is $25 per year, and gives you access to the Barter Town forum, where members buy, sell and trade with each other. You could then place a WTB (want to buy) ad.
  12. rickb119

Shopping around for auto insurance quotes digs up old skeletons in the closet

That should help offset the past few years rate increases. Mine has gone up 52% in the past 18 months. I've gone to court twice, years ago. The first was a similar situation to yours. Fortunately, the court date was during a bad snow storm, and the cop didn't show. Ticket dismissed. The...
  13. rickb119

Cookie Monster experiences shrinkage

I'm old enough to remember when Li'l Abner was still in the newspaper comics. And that Daisy Mae......... :naughty: Here she is from the 1959, Li'l Abner movie.
  14. rickb119

Cookie Monster experiences shrinkage

Not 40 years, but a half gallon of ice cream became 1.5qt some time ago. It's bad enough when inflation take a big bite. Add in shrinkflation, and that's double whammy.
  15. rickb119

PayPal question.

There could have been valid reasons for the delayed shipment however, this is the part the bothered me, and would have caused me to walk away from the deal. I hope it works out for you.
  16. rickb119

PayPal question.

I don't (knowingly) do business, or associate with liars. No matter how good the deal, or how badly I want something.
  17. rickb119

ADS L1090's

Soundmotor (no longer here) has a few comments on the L1090's on page 2 of this thread. Soundmotor was the resident expert on ADS, as he used to work there. https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/a-d-s-line-pecking-order.44406/ I was not impressed either with the one pair I listened...
  18. rickb119

KEF 104.2 will recapping solve my issue

Very little movement of the mids is normal, stiff surrounds is not. You might get more response about softening the surrounds in this thread. https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/kef-owners-thread.630884/ You could ask a mod to move this there by simply clicking on the report tab, at...
  19. rickb119

It's the "Put A Smile On Your Face" thread, please contribute

More likely a cooling bandana. I've got a couple cooling head wraps, that work well.
  20. rickb119

B&K Reference 2220?

Absolutely! Buy it! https://widescreenreview.com/news_detail.php?id=4342
  21. rickb119

School speaker project

To me, the word sustainable implies something more than a one off using scrape lumber. For something to be sustainable, it also needs to be repeatable, else there's no need for sustainability. If the term is meant to be 'eco friendly', that's a different story. If you're looking for truly...
  22. rickb119

Exciting new journey?

Welcome to AK!
  23. rickb119

Potpourri Of The Interesting Stuff

Had I known they were taking pictures, I would have waved. :bye: That large opening is where we took equipment, to be float tested.
Back
Top Bottom