Search results

1. allhartfidelity

HF-89 restored.

Ive got many amps, but recently had this one gone through. All hardware replaced with stailess, pots, controls ect. Rear pannel reconfigured happy days. Updated feedback loop ect.
  2. allhartfidelity

2245 output transistor question

Ive read common replacements for these is the MJ21193/94 Someone has replaced mine with different ones (both sides) Can anyone tell me please of these are ok?
  3. allhartfidelity

Remanufactured Pioneer power supplies 1980 and...SA9800

Pioneer hot power supplies that have been toasted. A while back I got one for my 1980, and there were a couple different manufacturers. I asked a couple of the well known rebuild guys and the new supplies seemed to be deemed a viable alternative. Updated parts, and in the case of my 1980 moving...
  4. allhartfidelity

NIB (new in box) Fisher 400cx-2 how does that happen?

New in box, no sign of it ever being plugged in. How does that happen? Some extraordinary circumstances to buy a preamp in 1963 and never plug it in. It baffles the mind. While i sold a pristine 400cx-2 a while back which had rare use, i never thought i would find one in better shape. Let...
  5. allhartfidelity

Gordon Rankin 300B pair Cardinal X-2 Journey

Just a neat experience thought I would share, as it seems no one in my immediate proximity (family) cares about my tube addiction....;) Had been wanting to try a 300B style amp for some time, on my Belle Klipsch. I've had all sorts of vintage amps over the years, but wanted lastly the 300b. A...
  6. allhartfidelity

Fisher 500b component query

Hello all, please bare with the intro, i do get to the question later down the post. Having recently acquired a 500b, ive gone over it a little. It has a very dark gold plate, lettering and chasis beautiful, stock tubes testing ex. Orig lights still working, pulled from a console and its clear...
  7. allhartfidelity

Scott 299c 6u8 vs. 7199

Scott 299C Its been my understanding that to switch from a 6u8 to a 7199 there had to be a wiring change. Info in attached pic seems to suggest either tube can be used, or perhaps there were variations of the amp? While the 7199 seems to cost more, if i read this correct i can plink a 6u8...
  8. allhartfidelity

Mcintosh mc-60 missing cap?

Pair of 60's, using 1858 amd up as well as 4496 and up schematics (the amps span both ) both chematics look the same. Both have listed a capacitor c6 @470mmf no voltage given. This capacitor to straddle r11 a 1.3k resistor. The cap is not present in either amp. Ive tried to find board...
  9. allhartfidelity

ADS speaker stand refinish

Wether refinishing an existing stand, or set of stands, repairing a set, or building your own stands , close to the orig finish is not too difficult . Ive seen this finish on the f700, f800 (710 810 stands) and the Kangaroo Braun stands and orhers, however not on second version 910 stands...
  10. allhartfidelity

Sansui sr-929 foot replacement

I searched for a way to replace the Sansu 929 feet, a d did find some options. I wanted to use a wide variety so went with a route i felt offered the most. Technics thread pattern. Having owned many decks through the years, 838 and 929 included, it seemed the thread pattern used by Technics was...
  11. allhartfidelity

Pioneer sx-1250 current draw at idle

My understanding is that techs tend to bring receivers up slowly on a variac and MONITOR the current draw after rebuilds. If it becomes excessive then they can shut it down possibly before stuff fries. This indicated a possible benchmark or standard current draw at idle for the 1250 and others...
  12. allhartfidelity

Low serial 2270. Leave it stock?

Ladies and Gents, good to meet you all. Just thought I would share my new addition to the collection, and get some feedback. Though this unit is close to mint, with very few signs of use, my understanding is that the 2270 of this early era may need some upgrades. Though this unit would not be a...
  13. allhartfidelity

onkyo Grand integra m-508 problems

What I have is an m-508 that goes into protect mode when turned on. If I plug it into the variac, and dial up to 119 volts it is fine. My house current is 121.4 volts. I have noticed that the main caps have leaked a bit. So any voltage over 119.8 and it will not gin up. Any one had this issue...
Back
Top Bottom