Search results

1. sniperdolan

Dang it...what did I just do?

If you hold control and move scroll wheel on your mouse you can zoom and unzoom as well.
  2. sniperdolan

Diablo III anyone waiting for it?

The servers are down again lol. Bed time!
  3. sniperdolan

College Students on AK

I graduated in December from the University of MN. I got my degree in computer science. I am very happy to be done with school. Much bigger pay checks, more free time, and no more all nighters! I started a new job at the end of February. I spent two and a half years at Normandale...
  4. sniperdolan

AK computer wiz? how good is this computer?

The psu is medicore at best. The hard drive should be decent enough. Could always buy a quicker one and use that one for storage. The WD greens are great for that. Graphics card is solid. The six cores amd processor are great. The machine should be able to handle everything well except...
  5. sniperdolan

Best iPhone 4 GPS?

There are some apps for the iphones. Garmin has an app that cost $50 that support turn by turn voice directions. MotionX GPS cost $1 and voice costs $10 a year. There are no free apps that will do it on the iphone.
  6. sniperdolan

Multiple amps for surround sound from PC?

I do know that for blu-rays no standard software supports playback. Have to buy powerdvd, true media theatre, or something else along the same line. Then to get the DTS true hd you also need to have hardware that supports. Specfic audio or video cards, but they only output over hdmi not...
  7. sniperdolan

Sharing the joy . . .

Congrats!! Glad to hear it.
  8. sniperdolan

So I bought an X-box 360 with Kinect, my first console...

I'll second the notion of Ninja gaiden 1 and 2 are great games. They are some of my favorite games. A fair warning though they are hard games. I know a couple friends have broken things over that game in rage. They are a couple years old now and could probably be bought for 20$ or less.
  9. sniperdolan

So I bought an X-box 360 with Kinect, my first console...

The new Forza racing game is really good. I have played it at a friends. Very good car sim. Can never go wrong with any of the Halo games. My current favorite game is battlefield 3 which I have for the PC, but it is available on the 360. If you like rpgs Skyrim is suppose to be...
  10. sniperdolan

Last straw with Netfix

I agree with Dew on this one. If anything it is greed from the content providers. Stars refused a deal that would have payed them 10 times more money than the current contract. Netflix was way too cheap to begin with. I have no problem paying slightly higher prices as long as new content...
  11. sniperdolan

GNP model 20 ??

They really really need a sub woofer or other woofers to help them out. Do not plan on using just them just by themselves. Really need the bottom cabs with these. My athena as-b1's easily beat them in the bass department.
  12. sniperdolan

GNP model 20 ??

I ended up picking these up today at their high price. They do not dig very low a sub is necessary. They are detailed though. These are my initial impressions I'm going to mess with them more. They also seem to be quite power hungry. My Toshiba m15 didn't seem to be enough. I went and...
  13. sniperdolan

GNP model 20 ??

This thrift store has non negotiable prices. I have tried knocking them down on a few items that were way overpriced. There answer is always come back on such and such day when there is a sale, but the sale price is still too high. It drives me nuts to the point where I only go every few...
  14. sniperdolan

GNP model 20 ??

It was just the top part and they wanted 90$ for them. I contemplating swinging by today and picking them up.
  15. sniperdolan

GNP model 20 ??

I saw a GNP model 20 at thrift store today. Little bookshelfs with about 5" woofer with white clear dome mid range and tweeter. They were slightly slanted up. They were very well built. Anyone have any experience or what these things are worth.
  16. sniperdolan

þrettán þúsund

Lol I gets it now! I didn't see the post count because it is literally a whole stinkin' monitor length or two over. That image almost blocks out the sun! Congrats!! Not to brag, but I might hit 300 in the next year or two.
  17. sniperdolan

þrettán þúsund

????????????????????? So confused!
  18. sniperdolan

First Car Suggestions?

A small Honda or Toyota is always good. I would also look at Fords. The fusions and focus's have been good cars for the last 5-6 years. Personally I'm very interested in the Ford Focus ST coming out next year. It is a turobed focus :D
  19. sniperdolan

Cobblefest 2.1

Do we have a name for this thing yet? I got a late submission. Cobblefest 2.1: Om Nom Nom Nom The only thing I remember from the last one was the obscene amounts of meat that was shoved in my face. :D I'm going to start my diet now.
  20. sniperdolan

Good reliable long-range wireless router -- suggestions?

I also used dd-wrt with my wrt54gl when I had it. They are good routers until you start loading too many active devices on it. It had hard times reaching some corners of my house. I no longer have issues since I switched to the Apple Airport Extreme. If your a light user just get the wrt54...
  21. sniperdolan

Good reliable long-range wireless router -- suggestions?

I have an Apple Airport Extreme. I have been very happy with it. The range is excellent I get much better reception than I did with my wrt54gl. It hasn't crashed on me yet in my 2 years of ownership. It has even survived all my lan parties without going down. All my previous routers failed...
  22. sniperdolan

Tire Tread Life?

I put on a set of a Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor on my tundra and have been very happy with them. I have had mine for a year and half now and they have been wearing very well. My dad had a set wranglers on his f250 diesel and got 85-90 thousand on them. They are excellent in the snow...
  23. sniperdolan

xbox 360

I have been a big halo fan for years but Halo reach doesn't do it for me. A big home theater is great for gaming. It is also a huge advantage. Can easily pinpoint where people are shooting you from where the battles are at. Gaming is really what got me going in this hobby and then I got...
  24. sniperdolan

Mac vs pc

If you are going for a laptop the macs are pretty hard to beat. The combination of horsepower and battery life is really nice. They come with nice screens and great track pads. If you want to buy an equivalent pc with the similar combination of specs it actually costs quite similar. If...
  25. sniperdolan

Any fans of "Top Gear"?

It is my favorites tV show. Some of the things they have done are just awesome. I love the amphibious car episodes. The road trip episodes are always awesome. I like how captain slow gets to test out the Bugatti's top speed. The sense of humor and sarcasm is what I love about it.
Back
Top Bottom