Search results

1. craig25

Sony SCD-555ES Question...

Here's the update... I dove into it headfirst. Removed the main board and that gave me access somewhat to the laser. 91% alcohol swab to the lens and compressed air all around. It now works perfectly fine except for it's inability to read dual layer discs. I think I can live with that though.
  2. craig25

Sony SCD-555ES Question...

Does anybody have one of these five disc SACD players that is still functioning normally? The model is ,corrected from the title, SCD-C555ES. And if so, please tell me the story behind that. I bought mine brand new, for what was to me at the time, big bucks. The thing was basically wonky reading...
  3. craig25

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

January 26th, 2010
  4. craig25

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Soundtrack from "Rollerball" London Symphony Orchestra, Andre Previn
  5. craig25

My TD124 Restoration Journey Begins

That was my dream hope too. The barn find. I drive by the house every day and was hoping to see someone outside and stop introduce myself and inquire. That finally happened last week. No Vac's or Mac's but I met the owners brother. Very nice gentleman who answered my questions. The turntable...
  6. craig25

Cutout in TD124 frame.

Th Thanks Tony!
  7. craig25

Cutout in TD124 frame.

That was it. The wider arm boards mounting hole goes right through it. I didn't see it until I removed it.
  8. craig25

Cutout in TD124 frame.

I was going to assume something like, it would quell 16th order nanovolt oscillatory sub harmonics.
  9. craig25

Cutout in TD124 frame.

I know why. But not what in the world they were thinking. It was in the way of the base for the tonearm
  10. craig25

She's done her share of teaching as well, lol
  11. craig25

Thanks!
  12. craig25

65xx, that would be '58 , maybe?
  13. craig25

My wife found this turntable dumped with some other electronics beside the road near where I live. I want to say it was a dark and stormy night because it was. The plinth was pretty much ruined by the rain but the rest of the turntable looks quite restorable. Somebody had gotten in and rewired...
  14. craig25

Anyone have any experience of a Yaqin MC-100B?

I have had the Silk Audio version for about 3 years. I'm very happy with it. The only thing I've had to repair, was recently, a short from one kt88 filament supply to a cap ground, I cleaned up the arc trails and reflowed the pin 3 solder and that solved the problem. Using McShane kt88 and 12ax7...
  15. craig25

Are you using a non-McIntosh preamp with your Mac power amp?

Spectral DMC-12 WITH MC7270. I'm very satisfied with the sound.
  16. craig25

2100 production question

I looked on the compendium for McIntosh and there are two different sets of serial numbers I was wondering if they correspond to an early version and late version? Also where would 91Wxx be in the production timeline if anybody could help me. Thanks, Craig
  17. craig25

Florida Audio Expo

A few more photos from today...
  18. craig25

Florida Audio Expo

Saturday morning listening in the VAC room...
  19. craig25

Florida Audio Expo

Definitely going! I'm extremely interested in visiting the Backert and RJS Acoustics room.
  20. craig25

Condition of Connecticut auction gear?

Finally received my MR74. Beautiful condition, slight bubbling on glass which was visible in the auction photo. Seems to work perfectly and sounds much better than the Pioneer TX-9100 I had been using.What wasn't expected was the bent rear corner on the chassis. I'm pretty sure it occurred...
  21. craig25

Broken McIntosh 2100 for 200 worth it?

The amp I looked at was almost certainly more trouble than it was worth to fix. Every board inside look corroded.Corrosion on the entire chassis. It almost looked like it could have spend some time under water. He had misspelled McIntosh in the ad, which may have been a shrewd attempt to make...
  22. craig25

Broken McIntosh 2100 for 200 worth it?

If it's the one in Tampa, I looked at it. You'll be paying $200 for a doorstop or a boat anchor, take your pick. When I told the owner that I wanted to test the transformer for a short he basically told me to get lost.
  23. craig25

The shipper assured me that they were very familiar with packing audio equipment correctly. I will be insuring it for the replacement value however. I have the photograph of an undamaged MR 74. obviously if it arrives with the broken glass I'll be making a claim.
  24. craig25

I have a MR74 on the way. I was informed that shipping will begin after Christmas. Fingers crossed.
  25. craig25

Has anybody received, and are able to comment on the condition of the gear? Regards from Sarasota and Merry Christmas!
Back
Top Bottom