Search results

1. ghamilton

My stuff...

2. ghamilton

Wifi ethernet problem

Wifi connection became a problem, so I got a ethernet cable. Still can't connect! I am using the Technics SL-G700M2. I have studied the manual but it still doesn't connect. Do you still need a wifi connection even with the lan cable? It's designed to operate with the smart phone app. Thanks
  3. ghamilton

Vandersteen 2 super tweeter add-on thoughts

After listening to the Golden Ear speakers with their folded ribbon tweeter I am thinking about adding a ribbon super tweeter to set on top of my Vandy 2 speakers. Any thoughts? Thanks
  4. ghamilton

MY NEWEST TOY!

5. ghamilton

Accuphase now in the US

Accuphase is now being sold in the US with new lower prices! https://axissaudio.com/
  6. ghamilton

Luxman L-507Z

I love my new Luxman L-507z !!
  7. ghamilton

What modern integrated Amp will outperform...

What modern integrated amp will outperform a recapped Sansui AU-919? I have a new pair of Vandersteen model 2Ce Sig lll. The 919 is doing a great job pushing them in my 12 x 14 x 9 listening room. The guys over in the Sansui section are warning me to not get rid of my 919. Ok, I will keep it...
  8. ghamilton

My 919,...time for a change?

I love my 919. But I have an opertunity to buy a brand new Luxman integrated. No one ( that I know of) has done a comparison of a recapped 919 or X1 to one of the newest Luxmans. Just thinking out loud and wondering what some of you guys think about it if you were in my shoes. Thanks
  9. ghamilton

Windows behind speakers??

I have a double window behind my speakers instead of a solid wall. I have read that's a big NO NO! I am about to put some heavy wood blinds on those windows. Any comments are welcome.
  10. ghamilton

DAC suggestions

I am thinking about improving the sound of my Onkyo C-7030 CD player. I was just wondering about a DAC. What do you guys suggest? I have no complaints about the sound of the one that in my 7030 but what would it take to really improve it? Thanks
  11. ghamilton

919 120 degrees F on top

I just bought a new pair of vandersteen 2CE Sig lll speakers and am in the process of breakin. The volume is set no higher than 9 o'clock. If some of you guys remember I put new driver transistors in my 919 and it ran warmer after. I set bias and DC offset after installing them. Is 121 F except...
  12. ghamilton

True power of the AU919

I am thinking about replacing my speakers but am concerned about the 919s driving power being enough. I am thinking about the Vandersteen model 2. They will replace the model 1 that I am using. Opinions welcome...
  13. ghamilton

Vandersteen 2 & AU-919

Is anyone on the karma happen to be using the Vandersteen 2 with a Sansui AU-919? I am using the 919 with the model 1 and its super. But the 2 may sound a bit underpowered with the 919. Thanks
  14. ghamilton

Tapping player causes skipping.

How do you determine if your CD player is too sensitive to tapping on top? My player performs fantastic. It is well isolated from outside vibration. BUT,...when I lightly tap on the top,...it skips. Is this normal?
  15. ghamilton

Fast Amplifiers today!

A company called Dartzeel is using fast transistor technology with specs that read like the DD/DC. Check it out..... https://dartzeel.com/
  16. ghamilton

Oval caps...

From Nabraska surplus. 125 uF 200v.
  17. ghamilton

Question on room size...

If you had a room that was 20 x 20 and you were able to move one wall out to make it sound better (less like a cube) how much should the wall be moved to be ideal? 2 or 3 feet or how much. The ceiling is 8 ft. Thanks:)
  18. ghamilton

D/A converter change

The humble little Onkyo C-7030 has had a D/A converter chip change. It was a Wolfson and now is advertised with a Texas instruments chip. I wonder why the change?
  19. ghamilton

Giant price/performance killer!

I am amazed at the performance at the price! It compares in performance to my SOTA SAPPHIRE turntable. Very sweet and natural. Must be the D/A converter.
  20. ghamilton

Fine rebuild example video!

High Speed amp rebuild. A great example for us DD/DC Sansui lovers!
  21. ghamilton

My visit to a high end store!

Today, I visited "BIG KIDS TOYS" in Greensboro NC. Talk about expensive! But impressive!
  22. ghamilton

How hot does your 919 run?

After playing the tuner through my 919 for about an hour at very low volume it seemed a bit hot. I also played it before that for about an hour listening to a cd and lp. (At least 2 hrs total). So I put a thermometer on it and it was 120 degrees over the heat sinks. I had just adjusted the bias...
  23. ghamilton

BLACK GATE CAPS

We're black gate caps really that special when they were being made?
  24. ghamilton

Sony k97 chip in my 919

Why did Sansui use this Sony K97 chip instead of fets? It seems to be a different packaging for a fet instead of just a chip. Why?
Back
Top Bottom