Search results

1. Indiana Drew

Luxman MB 3045s

I have a friend interested in trading a pair of MB 3045s for one of my restored McIntosh MC240s. I understand that there is a fairly common mod that allows KT88s to be used in place of the original 8045Gs. The pair in question however have EL 509S tubes. Not sure how mods like this effect value...
  2. Indiana Drew

Luxman MB 3045 Tube Question

I have a friend interested in trading a pair of MB 3045s for one of my restored McIntosh MC240s. I understand that there is a fairly common mod that allows KT88s to be used in place of the original 8045Gs. The pair in question however have EL 509S tubes. My local Mc tech who is not very familiar...
  3. Indiana Drew

Houston To Austin/Austin To Houston ...

I have several pieces to go to a tech in Austin from Houston. If anyone makes the trip regularly, please let me know. Or if anyone needs something taken or retrieved, I may go ...
  4. Indiana Drew

McIntosh MX110X Preamp/Tuner

From what I can gather, fewer MX110X were produced than the M or the Z models. It would appear the X was a transition model sharing many of the improvements found in the Z other than the use of the compactron tube and the panlocks. Any other differences? Does anyone have an opinion of relative...
  5. Indiana Drew

Does Known History Add Value: McIntosh C20, MR65 and MC240

This is a question of value in relation to (strike provenance) known history of gear. I have the good fortune of having my father's gear; McIntosh C20, MR65 w/ duplexer and MC240. Should I ever decide to offer the pieces for sale, is the know history of the equipment thought to be of value...
  6. Indiana Drew

Hum when MC225s in Mono

I have just connected, new to my collection, just back from my tech MC225s to a new to me MX110 X series. I've decided to use them in mono with Hereseys. Following the directions from the owner's manual, I have set the switch to mono and strapped the commons together and the 16ohm outputs...
  7. Indiana Drew

JBL 2425H and 2225H Pairing

In me stash of JBL drivers, I have one unit that is a 2225H/2425j/3015A. What crossover would I use if I were building a speaker using 2225H/2425H (both 8 ohm drivers?) Until I looked at the specs for 3015A, I just assumed that both divers in an 8ohm speaker were 8ohm drivers ... :scratch2:
  8. Indiana Drew

1950s JBL Audatorium Speakes

In the process of doing some salvage of architectural I have become obsessed with a speaker cluster (see attached photo.) As it is 35'-40' up with no means of lowering. I have only managed to identify the cluster as JBL. I had home it might be a Klipsch set up. I'm sure someone with more...
Back
Top Bottom