Search results

1. P

Replacing Vol. Pot and removing Dynaco Pas Loudness function

I'm working on my Dynaco Pas restoration and it is coming along nicely! I have one quick question about the loudness function: If I replace the 250k volume pot with a 100k stepped attenuator, do the resistors need to be included anywhere? The below link reuses them in their guide for loudness...
  2. P

SDS Labs power supply & Dynaco Pas - quick question, regarding "line"

Greetings! I have one quick (newbie) question regarding the Dynaco pas power supply and the "line" connections. When Sheldon at SDS says "insert in series with one transformer primary (black) wire", what I would want to do is connect two wires going from the last outlet prongs in the series...
  3. P

quick question about spindle to pivot distance...

So, I picked up a Miida 3115 turntable, also known as the Denon GT-700 / SL-7D. Like always, I looked on vinyl engine for the spindle to pivot distance to dial in the correct measurement on my feikert alignment tool, but unfortunately there's no spindle to pivot distance! I noticed they give...
  4. P

1960's Coral 15L-2 Speakers, from the land of the rising sun!

Hi! I was wondering if you guys could help me..I have recently purchased some kit speakers that were brought over to the west from Japan in the 1960's, and I'm just trying to get a value on them! I actually did not want the speakers, because the enclosures themselves were roughly 2 x 3'...
  5. P

Ar2x cabinet woodworking question (with pic!)

Hi guys! I picked up an ar2x for next to nothing. I'm planning to use the cloth woofer and grill for a set of ar2ax speakers I have laying around, so this seemed like a good opportunity to test my (lack of) refinishing skills on the cabinet. What you see is a cabinet that has been stripped...
  6. P

Acoustic Research L-Pad Attenuator..looking for smaller dial

Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone has an appropriate looking knob/dial for the lpad often used for acoustic research restorations? http://www.parts-express.com/speaker-l-pad-attenuator-15w-mono-3-8-shaft-8-ohm--260-248 What is included just looks cheap! I'm looking for something a...
  7. P

CNC MM resistor substitutions

Greetings! I'm embarking on a CNC MM phono stage build, and it seems I'm having problems finding the specified resistors listed on the BOM provided with my pcb purchase. Could anyone tell me if the following resistors would be appropriate/good substitutions for this phono build? I really have...
  8. P

Technics quartz dust cover logotype.

Can anyone tell me a little more about the logo that is fixed to technics dust covers? I'd be interested to know what kind of material it is made from, if they are available new on the net, and the shine (glossy or dull) . Mine is missing, unfortunately. I would also consider making a...
  9. P

thoughts on trading a Sansui 2000a for a pair of KLH Model 32

Greetings all! I was curious if others think trading a near-mint Sansui 2000a for a near mint, fully working pair of KLH Model 32 speakers would be a even swap? Would you? From what I hear on the boards, the KLH model 32 sound like great, low-volume speakers for smaller rooms. This would...
  10. P

In the thrift, need help identifying these "made in canada" speakers.

Can anyone identify these "made in canada" speakers for me? They are heavy as heck and look to be of decent quality. Similar design to dynaco a25, but not dynaco.
  11. P

Philips GA202 Turntable - new project (and many questions)

Greetings! I happened upon a rather sad looking Philips turntable today. The thing was beat, but after a little TLC, she's starting to show some potential! Best yet, the table came with a shure V15 TYPE II stylus, which made my day. Naturally, I have a couple questions for you holland...
  12. P

Younger sister is a beast to her headphones!

I went on vacation this past week and came home with several basic repair projects from various family members! My brother's laptop broke..fixed*, the wii stopped reading discs..fixed*, and of course my kid sister handed me 4 pairs of monoprice headphone cables that I gave her to replace her...
  13. P

New rubber on my idler wheel, very satisfied!

I sent an idler wheel from a Dual 1229 to Terry's rebuild service for an overhaul, and I gotta say, the results are phenomenal! He did a fantastic job and I'm already planning on using his services again! If you're on the fence about replacing the rubber on your idler wheel, you should really...
  14. P

acquired a nice dual 1019 last weekend..

I found myself a nice Dual 1019 out on the east side of Cleveland, last week. This will be my second Dual, my first being a 1229, which has been with me since I joined AK. Also included was a Shure V15 Type II Cartridge, along with some miscellaneous documents containing correspondence...
  15. P

TD160 Dampening with dynamat

I finally went ahead and dampened my Thorens TD160 turntable in my rebuilt plinth this past Thursday. Structurally, the unit now seems as strong as a tank! I mainly followed the Analog Depot guide, taking everything apart and applying dynamat on the top plate, cork gasket-material to the bottom...
  16. P

Need some more advise on choosing tonearm..td160

Good Morning, Folks! I'm currently at a crossroad with my tonearm selection and I was hoping someone offer some advise on my possible options... Goals: My goals are to get the best bang for my buck and find a tonearm that would last me for years. I really never buy anything for myself and...
  17. P

Generic Rega tonearm on ebay..

Greetings folks! Has anyone purchased this incomplete tonearm and care to comment? http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-REGA-RB202-RB251-GR1-tonearm-parts-of-turntable-plattenspieler-phonograph-/111050590941?pt=US_Record_Player_Turntable_Parts&hash=item19db218add It seems to be a non-branded rega...
  18. P

Shipping small parcel to the Russian Federation...

I recently had a small direct-drive pcb end with no bids on ebay. An individual in Russia contacted me and offered to pay 3x of what I asked (not worth much, if you're wondering) to re-list and send it to him. This individual seems legit, promptly responds to my emails, and has good feedback...
  19. P

Wharfedale w.10 / sbf

Link to photo First and foremost, Happy Thanksgiving! I came across a Wharfedale W.10 SBF speaker in a custom RJ speaker cabinet a couple weeks ago. It looks as though the original foam is non existent and will need to be replaced. Could anyone recommend a kit/surround material to refoam...
  20. P

Question about Baerwald alignment..

So, I have been racking my brain around an issue... Last night I was flipping through some of my vinyl and I put on Spandau Ballet's 45rpm 12" single of "true" and it played decently. Then all of a sudden, I noticed sibilance distortion on some of the higher frequencies. The vinyl is in really...
  21. P

You get married and people give you audio gifts?!

This month has been fantastic! Not only am I getting married in a week and a half, but both my mother and future mother-in-law are bringing me audio gear! First off, my mom was kind enough to scout something out back home, a Rek-O-Kut L37 that came equipped with an Audax tonearm and vintage GE...
  22. P

Whats wrong with my ground?

I'm a little frustrated right now and I probably should go take a breather, but let me describe my problem...I have a AR-XA which I have just swapped with cardas 33gauge wire and a technics arm/headshell combo, and it's getting to the point where I'm almost done (yay!). Problem is, when I...
  23. P

Scored this Pioneer PS-112D a few days ago...

I picked up a Pioneer PS-112D the other day for super cheap, and after a few hours i'm just about done with the clean up! I haven't the faintest idea about what to do with this turntable (currently I have a td160 and i'm restoring a ar-xa), but I really enjoyed bringing this one back from the...
  24. P

Should I call back the powder coater?

Guys, I dropped off my AR-XA top plate to the powder coaters today and i completely forgot to mention anything about the screw threads on the back. Do you think think I should call back and mention to plug the screw threads, or do powder coaters automatically do this? Also, the top plate...
  25. P

Need info-ar-xa counterweight screw size

I'm knee-deep in a ar-xa restoration/mod (already added phono jacks and iec connector on back!) and I have one problem..my counterweight screw is missing! Does anyone know what I should be looking for? thanks!
Back
Top Bottom