Search results

1. P

Are the Sony PHA series DACs any good?

Well I'm more interested in using it as a PC audio DAC, I'm not planning on strapping it to my phone or anything, it'll just sit on my desk while listen to music. I was interested in the PHA-2A more so because I wanted to try DSD and people on Head Hifi said it was better.
  2. P

Are the Sony PHA series DACs any good?

I was looking at getting a Sony PHA-1A or Sony PHA-2A (I think one does DSD and the other doesn't) for use with my PC. I'm currently using a Sound Blaster SD1240 unit at the moment. http://www.sony.com.au/electronics/headphone-amplifiers/pha-1a...
  3. P

Suggestions for a decent walkman/portable tape player.

They mention alot about the DD line, the trouble is the heads in the cheaper models don't have decent frequency response, only the DD9 seems to cut the mustard. I can't seem to find those anywhere, what price do they usually go for? Honestly I'd prefer some noise reduction, if could find the...
  4. P

Suggestions for a decent walkman/portable tape player.

Hi, I've been looking for a decent portable cassette player for a while. A few years ago I ordered a WM-DD22 and it's always sounded pretty awful and recently I ordered a WM-EX505 and while it sounds ok, it plays back too fast and the speed variations(wow and flutter) are really annoying. I've...
  5. P

Is the Luxman LV-112 any good?

Can you elaborate? Otherwise your statement is meaningless.
  6. P

Is the Luxman LV-112 any good?

Hi Guys, I have the opportunity have a Luxman LV-112 repaired. It was given to me for free in non working order. My current amp is a JVC JR-S300 receiver, would the Luxman be noticeably better?
  7. P

Got a Sony KA6ES, is it worthwhile buying something more expensive?

Hi guys, Been a while. I've been listening to my KA6ES that was recently serviced, it's a nice deck with Dolby S. But I've heard decks like the KA5ES and the hard to find KA7ES are lightyears ahead. So my question is; is the expense of a higher end deck worth the high price or have I reached a...
  8. P

Dynaco QD-1 series II L Surround Processor

Cheers guys, It's sounds a bit quiet on the back speakers because they're crap samsung speakers, so I'll have to get a better pair to really test it out.
  9. P

Is the chatroom still here?

Is the chatroom still here? It's been a while since I've been here.
  10. P

Dynaco QD-1 series II L Surround Processor

Hey guys, Got a Dynaco QD-1 II L, inherited it from a family. I'm not sure how it works or what it's worth, I assume it works on some principal similar to quadraphonic encoding or Dolby Pro Logic. Anyone got any info on it? .
  11. P

anyone like vintage JVC's?

I have a JR-S300, it was handed down to me. Needs work, the headphone jack needs replacing.
  12. P

Tascam 122 Pro Cassette Deck..Thoughts?

I was thinking getting one of these machines myself, but I'd like to get DBX first. Did you pay much for it?
  13. P

Looking for good headphones for outside

knew I forgot something, it's $150
  14. P

Looking for good headphones for outside

Hey guys, I'm looking for a pair of headphones which I can wear outside which aren't noticeably large and aren't ear plugs (in ear). I'm using Grado SR80s at the moment and I like the sound but they're not the sort of thing I'd wear out doors.
  15. P

Using my Walkman at the airport right now

I miss my old GX322 Walkman. It was great when I was 12, it had speakers, microphone input, FM/AM radio, auto-reverse, speed control.
  16. P

Happy birthday

Happy birthday
  17. P

Sony NT, the World's Smallest Cassette Tape Format

I love that about them
  18. P

Rebuilding a ST-70

Very impressive job :thmbsp: :tresbon: .
  19. P

Sony NT, the World's Smallest Cassette Tape Format

Hey guys, just thought I'd give some background on the the Sony NT Format, otherwise known as the worlds smallest cassette tape format. It was created in 1992 by Sony because they thought it would be a good idea to introduce a smaller digital version of the microcassette just as they'd done...
  20. P

Revox B215 vs Nak CR7a vs Tandberg 3014 vs Nak ZX9 vs Teac Z7000 vsPioneer Elite 93

If I can find one, these Dolby 422 units aren't easy to find. I'd be pairing it with a Sony TC-D5m or a Tascam 122mkII (I don't need 4 XLR adapters if I use this deck). Yeah sorry I was getting them mixed up.
  21. P

Revox B215 vs Nak CR7a vs Tandberg 3014 vs Nak ZX9 vs Teac Z7000 vsPioneer Elite 93

No no, I was asking if I could use a 363 unit which is SR because I can find a 422 unit. He's telling me I can't use dolby SR with cassettes.
  22. P

Well yes, but DBX II seems to work on cassettes.
  23. P

But what you have to remember is that Naks and Tandberg have a reputation and you'll end up paying double the machines value. As I've said the more the machine keeps the signal the same, the more I like it. Speaking of a Dolby NR units, can a Dolby 363 (SR) unit perform properly on cassette...
  24. P

Seeing as how everyone is putting in their 2 cents, here is mine: The Nak, the Tandberg and the Revox are great, but what they lack is Dolby S, although given the stability of the decks you can DBX units for NR. The Nak Dragon is probably the most advanced and it's ideal for playing tapes as it...
  25. P

What is the Pioneer SD-1100 for?

Just out of interest, can you do that with an ordinary scope?
Back
Top Bottom