Search results

1. roline

That's it...I've had enough with them tubes :(

I have a push pull 6LU8 amp should the summer heat be too much for my other amps....
  2. roline

What's the deal with Groove Tube?

For headphone amps, I've been using 12AU7 or 12BH7 tubes if it can handle the extra heater current.
  3. roline

Vacuum Tube Amplifier Sweet Spot

The ONKYO 65w/channel SS amp was once adequate, but I made the mistake of listening to a DIY tube amp. I did research on tube amp design and decided that the ballpark of 40w/channel PP would be sufficient for my listening levels. I'm driving 4ohm 90db ACI Orions with 40 watt tube amps. The PP...
  4. roline

Tube Amps for headphones for $50 or under-what do you recommend?

Brew you own..... Toner transfer etched... Low voltage 12AU7-MOS-FET HYBRID. I've also done hi voltage SRPP tube to Mosfet output and have a all tube PP transformer output in the works.
  5. roline

Custom Latino ST-120 Build

very nice amp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  6. roline

Which ST70 Kit To Buy

ST120 amps from Bob Latino are an excellent way to go!!!!!. addresses the st70 issues............
  7. roline

I've been KEGGERIZED, and thats a good thing!

morfed keggar amp *jt6 amp design, I used 17JT6 output tubes due to low cost. Same topology as the keggar amp with Mosfet screen drive.
  8. roline

Capacitor upgrade question

ve been very happy with my Russian PIO .22U green things.
  9. roline

BX300 Ebay Purchase destroys prized Dead Bootleg

it needs the little square crossection tension belt on the left reel. It is no putting enough tension on the tape to keep it aligned. I've had to do this on a BX2 and BX300.
  10. roline

Tube vs Solid state headphone amps

I've designed and built several hybrid amps. Circuit topology is very important along with component choice. My favorite is the sand/glass hybrid. it is a tube transistor power opamp where the heaters are part of the output stage,for low noise.:music: The starving student also uses this idea...
  11. roline

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving

Just remember the dump is closed so don't put the letter under the pile of garbage.....
  12. roline

thinking you can hear things in the mix that arent actually there

I've been designing and building tube amps for several yrs, I prefer the fuller sound. I've done main amps and headphone amps. I've listened to several tracks on tubular bells and decided it was not distorted by the amp, it was recorded that way. The clarity and sound stage is improved, it is...
  13. roline

eBay MkIII PCB board...worth a try?

I did a design concept using a triple triode compactron tube. CCS in the LTP and MosFet Grid drive on the output tubes. The individual that requested this design never paid for it so it is for all to use. The driver PCB has a cap PCB that piggybacks it to simplify the wiring. It also has...
  14. roline

Tube Amp in the Den

I did a 6LU8 PP amp to be able to leave on and have for continuous use...... I bought a handfull of spare tubes to replace as needed....
  15. roline

420v B+ secondary direct BLAST into my Arm....

some make you small some make you tall, the pills mom gave me did nothing at all........ For all. be careful of neurological damage, it is not reversible.......
  16. roline

KEG-EAR Amp reevaluated I found a Hammond PT for the cheap so I did a PT upgrade. It is a 278CX 400VAC @ 465ma, so approx 550Volts on the B+. The caps are stacked so they are good for over 800V B+. I can get a little electron blue glow honestly at this B+. The LED bias indicators have...
  17. roline

Original Keg-Ear schematic, prior to MosFet drive change. This PCB change allows for Mosfet grid drive to lower/ eliminate blocking distortion that can happen with the larger coupling caps. I prefer the larger caps for solid low end drive and less feedback.
  18. roline

A rare view inside a metal 6L6.

Zarconium was also used for getters where flashing is not possible......
  19. roline

Show us your flea-watts amps!

Designed but PCB not etched yet..... 6jt8 configured in PP as a headphone Amp with small 4 watt universal transformers, 32 ohm 8ohm and 4ohm output taps.
  20. roline

Broken Hearted

Distilled water would be best to dissolve organic residue, with a little surfactant, worked with a paint brush into the components.Water rinse and a mix of 50/50 water alcohol final rinse, warm air dry. I had a friend that put a nasty 2-meter repeater into his dishwasher to clean it. I was...
  21. roline

Sometimes it's the little things: wiring layout

Single malt? Low land, or Highland? In IC's topology, layout is more important than the paper design! I've only designed and built PCB based amps. All but one worked as I desired, the one that did not was a tube, transistor headphone amp, I did not account for the turn on glitch that took out...
  22. roline

Dynaco Mark 3 boards - how do they compare?

I did a design concept based on Compactron input triple triode. It is the input gain stage and LTP with CCS in the tail, and Mosfet grid drivers. It also has a piggy back PCB for cap bypasses for the voltages for it. This concept makes the chassis wiring simple. The bypassed supplies also power...
  23. roline

tube headphone amp for 2kohm Sennheiser HD424

The lower impedance cans would be harder to drive, 2k should be easy to drive. You should even be able to drive them with a SRPP pure tube driver, low impedance would require hybrid MosFet driver or transformers to drive.
  24. roline

How long do tubes really last? - An extrapolate answer

If you want to extend the life, add a CL80 NTC in the power lead to the PT, the slower , lower start inrush current with be kinder to your components, tubes included.....
  25. roline

Compactron tube question

True Compactron tube amp. Pete's BIG RED PCB can handle 60 watt iron and higher B+ voltage for an output power upgrade. TUBELAB, George has squeezed with little effort over 125watts/channel with larger output tubes and iron...... For my design, I chose 6LB6 output tubes with Compacton input...
Back
Top Bottom