Search results

1. kevzep

The OFFICIAL MSM5540RS/M5540 Gx700 40pin IC Thread! NUDIES

I've had to do that on a few GX700 series receivers, its a major PIA but totally worth the effort...
  2. kevzep

G22000 enough for AR9s?

Similar type circuits, yes of course the boards are different, but again the amplifier circuits are similar.... I've owned a G22000, two G9000's and worked on many more.....I've found this through experience with these units on my bench...
  3. kevzep

G22000 enough for AR9s?

They most certainly do have the same issue, and the G8000......
  4. kevzep

G22000 enough for AR9s?

If you fit the 4th pair of output transistors, you'll drive those speakers no problem at all...
  5. kevzep

Another AU-999 getting restored and modded

I run those caps without changing anything but the bridge rec, just got for it.....don't worry about it..
  6. kevzep

20 Years

I'm a newbie, I think it was 2011 or thereabouts I joined, I was searching for information on a hacked up G7700, which I got going and still have to this day.....crazy to think that was 13 years ago..... One of the best communities around on the interweb, I stay in the Sansui and McIntosh...
  7. kevzep

There are other instances where there can be high DC voltage on the outputs, not just blown op transistors.... Funny the Sansui Eight has the same protection and I never see people deleting them, it seems its always a hot discussion topic for 999's for some reason.... I am at this moment doing...
  8. kevzep

Remember, deleting the DC protection now means you can end up with full rail voltage on the speaker outputs under certain failure conditions.
  9. kevzep

You're into the area of diminishing returns here, 10,000µF is more than enough, in fact a lot of the time I used 6800µF .....
  10. kevzep

G9000 R-Ch is fried- now what?

I'd just buy one of those handheld Atlas transistor testers, it will take all the confusion out of it for you. Its so simple, hook up the leads whatever way, it doesn't matter, the tester works it all out for you, tells you the pinout, and a bunch of parameters. Makes things very simple and...
  11. kevzep

G22000 enough for AR9s?

Remove D11 from the F2902, and D11 from the F2903 boards. This will disable the over-current protection. You'll still have DC and thermal protection operative. Be warned!! You can now pull a LOT of current through the output section, I would not drive anything less than 4Ω, you will damage the...
  12. kevzep

G22000 enough for AR9s?

Nope exactly the same, PSU/Protection boards are the same between the 22 and 33K.
  13. kevzep

G22000 enough for AR9s?

When I had my G22000 I used to actively bi-amp, 22000 power amp on the Highs, and a Crown Macro-Tech 5002VZ on the Lows, killer sound...never ever had problems with the over-current protection kicking in.
  14. kevzep

The Holy Grail - B-209

One of those 6SN7's has lost its vacuum, the one which is milky white at the top, pretty common tube though so easy to get... Very nice amp, I'll bet its going to sound sweet and creamy!!
  15. kevzep

au-999 help

I think they had Speaker C disconnect the pre-amp so you could then use the pre-amp to go into the active crossover (Sansui was producing at the time), then out of the active crossover into the 999 power-amp and other power-amps for a 3 way active system. It might show it in the user manual...
  16. kevzep

au-999 help

Oh hahaha, I got it wrong way around...Sorry about that....But anyway this function is often overlooked....
  17. kevzep

au-999 help

Also note, when you switch to Speaker C, this internally connects the Pre-amp to the Power-amp, on Speaker A, B and A+B, these Positions are internally disconnected.
  18. kevzep

G9000 Reed Relay Testing and Issue

Those relays are notoriously unreliable. You need to replace it, just hurl that one in the round filing cabinet...
  19. kevzep

MC275 joins damacman's lair

Looking forward to the impressions, I keep thinking it would be rude to not have a MC275..........
  20. kevzep

All the 8000/9000/22000/33000 I have worked on all had 909 and 1586 output transistors....... The most difficult transistors to find a replacement for are the 100mhz TO220 968 and 2238 toshiba drivers. To get a similar performing modern replacement for the 909 and 1586 you need to go with the...
  21. kevzep

Be patient, we all have lives outside giving free tech advice on AK. However, happy to do so when time allows.... Rail fuses blown because you have one or more shorted output transistors. These are fast blow. R04 is the 3.9Ω Soft start resistor, the K is tolerance (5% I think) and yes 15watt...
  22. kevzep

DAC in C48 in the year 2023

I wouldn't overthink it, I've had a C48 since they first came out, and to be honest it still sound perfectly fine to me....I'ver never heard anything that makes me want to upgrade it at all really...
  23. kevzep

Sansui BA-5000 Help - Anyone have a 100v model?

Japanese domestic market models are not equipped with export model multi-tap transformers. This will be 100V only.
  24. kevzep

Sansui G9000 Help!

Actually this would be right, I am 230V down here in NZ so yes you might need something like a 150 or maybe even 200watt lamp for 120V....
  25. kevzep

Sansui G9000 Help!

A 60watt lamp will pull the line voltage down a LOT, this is what will be causing it to go into protection. If you use a 100-120watt you wont have this issue. See how you go...
Back
Top Bottom