Search results

1. SteveP

Luxman L-100U Power Supply Issues

This thread is an offshoot from the L-100U recapping thread started by 'CohibaJoe' http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=553917 He had asked where to measure and what the setting was for VR901 and VR902 on the power supply/protection board. I dug my L-100 out to see if I could...
  2. SteveP

It's great to deal with jhoak!!

I had a great transaction with Jeff----he was really easy to work with and offered a great deal to boot!! I would recommend him highly!! Steve.
  3. SteveP

Sony VFET in MN

Hey MN guys, Came across this ad, seems to be a good deal for a Sony TAN-5550 and the matching pre: http://www.classifiedads.com/electronics-ad18003078.htm no affiliation, etc. Steve.
  4. SteveP

Smooth deal with Celt !!

Just had a very smooth deal with Celt---very good seller! Had the package in the mail almost instantaneously! Thanks! Steve.
  5. SteveP

Thanks 240sx4u!!

A very easy and hassle free purchase from Evan. It was a pleasure! :thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp: Thanks! Steve.
  6. SteveP

Blue Shadow --great seller

Very happy with I purchase I made from Keith---he was great to deal with and packed the amp very well. :thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp: Thanks! Steve.
  7. SteveP

Any info--Harman Kardon Citation 13 speakers

I saw and briefly heard a pair of Harman Kardon Citation 13 speakers last night. I tried to look up some info about them today and other than some old ads and reviews on ebay, there is not much out there. Does anyone know anything about these? They are a kind of an omni design, with the...
  8. SteveP

Dark Knight

I got an 'almost new' oscilloscope from David for a very reasonable price. It was packed very well and the whole transaction was a pleasure. Thanks very much David! Steve.
  9. SteveP

LA Crais's list--Luxman L-100 integrated + T-300 tuner

Possible nice set here: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/ele/460776854.html Luxman L-100 amp and T-300 tuner (not a receiver as the ad says) for $250. If they were closer I think I'd get these....
  10. SteveP

Anyone from Ohio to the Dakota's/ re shipping

I'd like to buy a cassette deck on ebay that is in Ohio, but the guy is adament about only shipping in the US, and only taking US Postal Money Orders. Anyone willing to take receipt of this and then mail it to me in Winnipeg? You may even need to bid on it, though he may let me do that. I'd...
  11. SteveP

Interesting Sony system switcher

Picked up an interesting Sony piece a while ago. It's a system selector, the 'Sony Audio II series System Selector.' Has the ability to switch 3 tape sources, 2 tuners, and 2 turntables into 3 receivers, 3 amps, and 3 sets of speakers. I haven't played with it to see how it works, or if it...
  12. SteveP

Sony TA-N7B V-FET amp + preamp

As I mentioned in the 'Guess this amp...' thread I picked up a Sony Ta-N7B 100 wpc V-FET amp plus the matching TA-E7B preamp this weekend. I actually found them 2 weeks ago at a local music trader/pawn shop. They had just come in and he had to register the serial numbers with the police and hold...
  13. SteveP

Guess the amp.....

We haven't done this in a while and I got a new amp this weekend, so......... let's see who can figure out what it is. ps. those with 'inside' information shouldn't play :D Here's the 'business end'
  14. SteveP

Yamaha CX-2/MX-1 info

Maybe not quite vintage, but does anyone have any first hand experience with these two pieces? I have a line on a pair here, that appear to be in very good condition. Original owners manuals are present and both pieces boast quite impressive specs. Amp is 200 wpc into 8 ohms and is rated down to...
  15. SteveP

Any info on 'Fulton J' speakers?

Anyone have any information, or ideally an owners manual for a pair of Fulton J speakers? (not exactly sure of the spelling). These are sort of a big 3-way speaker, with a large bass module (of maybe 3' x3' x 3') with a smaller bookshelf sized module that sits on top. A friend here has a pair...
  16. SteveP

Public Thanks to Echowars---big Philips amp

I picked up a set of of the big Philips Lab Series components about 2 years ago---(the AH 6731 tuner, 5721 peramp, and 5781 amplifer). I ended up selling the tuner and keeping the other two pieces. The amp had problems with one channel not always coming on properly so I put in in the 'closet.' A...
  17. SteveP

'Pass transitors' substitution?

'Pass transistors' substitution? Hello, I am wanting to complete a restoration of an Accuphase E-202 amp. The JPEG below shows a portion of the power supply board. Transistors Q9 and Q10 have small, and IMHO, inadequate heatsinks. I believe I've seen this type of transitor referred to as a...
  18. SteveP

Troubleshooting success story (amateur)!

I recently picked up an Accuphase E-202 amp from its original owner. Very nice amp, but needed a good cleaning inside and out. The volume control also needed a few shots of deoxit to quiet down. After a weekend of cleaning it was really nice! There was one small problem, however. The speaker...
  19. SteveP

Stewey

Said it before in a thread, but I should really repeat it here in the feedback forum---Stewey did a great service for me and asked for nothing in return. He found an amp I was interested in, bargained for the best price he could get, bought it, boxed it up, and mailed it to me. Thanks man...
Back
Top Bottom