Search results

1. Snoober

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Dead can Dance - Toward the Within
  2. Snoober

My first SE 2A3 amp, impressions

Hi David! Sorry for taking so long to respond (been off the forum for a bit). Yes, it is working. It was a bad rectifier tube. Thanks for the upgrade tips. I will try them when I get some time. ;) Rory
  3. Snoober

Pics of your listening space

:bowdown:
  4. Snoober

Open Baffle Epiphany!

Oooh la la, that was fiiiine!
  5. Snoober

Pics of your listening space

Pure awesomeness!
  6. Snoober

Efficient speakers that don't sound weird, and aren't super expensive?

Yeah, I know: that was what I wanted but the TB version is $1000 more expensive than the Spatials, and the Voxativ version is >$5500. :( Some reviewers had issues with the soundstage height. I was wondering how it would sound with the full range driver sitting above both bass speakers? I saw...
  7. Snoober

Okay, I've decided. Spatial Audio has a 60 day return period so I went for the M3 Turbo S to see if I like the open baffle / compression driver sound. I've never heard an open baffle speaker before, so this presents an opportunity to learn something at the very least.
  8. Snoober

All true, Joe. The thing is that I love the amp and the speakers. :) The amp drives the speakers fine but sometimes I just want to rock out. The SET amp sound and soundstage are pretty addictive. Yeah, I know. I kinda like SET sound, tho'. I bought Omega Super 3i speakers for the SET: I just...
  9. Snoober

Iron Fist, Netflix original series, Very Disappointing

Agree, guys. I got to episode 4 and couldn't take it any more.
  10. Snoober

Oh wow, sincere thanks for the suggestions and great advice. Yeah, looks like I really do have to get off my rear, and try to find some of these speakers to listen to. The Klipsch KG4 do have good prices on eBay, though :naughty:. Thanks, Gordon, I was looking at the Tannoy XT8Fs though I...
  11. Snoober

Those are some very wise words, Nat, and I will take them to heart. I am a bit leery of moving on the Sonus fabers only to take a sonic nosedive with a high efficiency speaker. o_O Those Altecs look like the ticket, though. Then there's the Spatial Audio cool factor...
  12. Snoober

I looked into Audio Note but corner placement may be a little iffy for me. Oh yes, Tannoy! The bad news is that many of their speakers I was looking at were, ahem, really expensive. I think I'm going to be lurking on eBay a whole lot. Oh, I didn't realise Spendor had good efficiency speakers...
  13. Snoober

Whoa! Thanks everybody for the input! I have a bunch of your recommendations to check out now. Thanks again.
  14. Snoober

Hey ladies and gents, I was wondering if someone could recommend a pair of efficient speakers in the 92dB to 100dB range, please? Cost: 4K or less. Hopefully much less. It will be to fill a small room of 12'x14' for now. I listen to all genres of music. I like slightly warm, refined sounding...
  15. Snoober

Show Off Your Small Listening Space

Love that colour scheme!
  16. Snoober

Hardest music to reproduce?

Nice to see the steelbands of Trinidad included on a forum. Very few audio systems can reproduce the scale, and differentiate the different steel pans of a full 100-person-strong live performance going at 110dB+. Ear protection is mandatory for players. One has to hear a live performance to...
  17. Snoober

KEF LS50 Active Wireless Speakers!

Will KEF repair these speakers after the 2 year warranty period is up? Diavalet Phantom customers are just finding out that the Phantoms cannot be opened to be repaired: they can only be replaced. After the warranty is up (it can be extended to 3 years for $299), if the speaker goes bad you are...
  18. Snoober

Thanks, Bird.
  19. Snoober

Near field listening with large speakers

Yes, I listen in the near-field: even did that that with Revel f32s. The drivers have to be far enough to integrate properly, though.
  20. Snoober

My system, such as it is, is presently stuck in a store room. I haven't had the chance to enhance the decor (work abroad), but here it is anyway.
  21. Snoober

Anyone using Raven Audio Blackhawk Mk II?

You can try the Steve Hoffman music forums: there are some owners there.
  22. Snoober

Surprise. In the market for Integrated Amplifier

If it were me I'd choose either the Yamaha A-S501, or A-S801. Both sound amazing. I had NAD as well (C356) a long time ago. Good luck with the hunt!
  23. Snoober

This hobby never ceases to amaze me

My system sounded much better when I removed the Conrad Johnson ET3SE from it. An old McIntosh preamp let me know the bad news: not all expensive stuff is tailored to all tastes.
  24. Snoober

impromptu room treatments

:lurk: cool thread
  25. Snoober

Recommended Modern Speakers

Anybody heard the new Proac Tablette 10 yet? Very interested in impressions if you have, thanks!
Back
Top Bottom