Search results

1. mikewish

Arkansas fall bbq time to plan

Well, I need to plan on being there. I may or may not bring some gear. Maybe a reel to reel with old radio programs on tape? If my La Scalas weren't so damn heavy I would bring them.
  2. mikewish

May 11 2019 2nd Annual Clinton, Arkansas AK Spring Gathering and swap meet

I am getting too old to pack too much!
  3. mikewish

May 11 2019 2nd Annual Clinton, Arkansas AK Spring Gathering and swap meet

I will plan on being there. May bring a bunch of stuff since I will be retired by then and need to thin the herd a LOT!
  4. mikewish

Arkansas spring get together in Clinton with swap tables, tunes, BBQ, and ect.

I am not going to be able to make it due the grandson playing in the district baseball tournament. Wish i could be there. Take plenty of pictures!!!
  5. mikewish

Klipsch Pilgrimage 2018

Everyone should go. This is one event we schedule every year. Already registered, but this year is going to be tough. The grandson graduates on that Saturday, or he may be playing in the State baseball championship the same weekend. Going down on Thursday night to make sure we make the employee...
  6. mikewish

Is anyone interested in tube consoles? I have several that I probably won't get around to. Also a bunch of speakers I need to unload.
  7. mikewish

I would want to chip in on the food cost. Are we going to have a swap meet also?
  8. mikewish

The Klipsch Pilgrimage is May 17-20. Any date but that would be fine with me.
  9. mikewish

Recommend a tube amplifier for a JBL L112

I ran two pair stacked JBL L112's for a few years. They need power! I did not have a tube amp powerful enough for them. Fed them with clean SS power with big Sansui's and modded Adcom 555ii (and several others but I have too much gear to remember which). A little amp would push them, but the...
  10. mikewish

P-mount stylus and preamp

I use the LP Gear Shibata diamond TP4 cartridge and stylus with no complaints. I rotate in a lot of linears and it is definitely better than the conicals that came with them.
  11. mikewish

A pair of MC275 with B&W 800Diamond

I own 802 Diamonds and have no problem driving them with my lower powered amps. They take about twice the watts off of my amps as do my Klipschorns, so that says a lot! The manual on the 802D states a minimum of 50 watts, max is 500.
  12. mikewish

What's your latest audio purchase?

Bowers & Wilkins 802 Diamonds.
  13. mikewish

Heart palpitations and me

I have had two RF ablations and the problem always came back. Still have the same problems as you describe. The only way to control it now is with medication. I hate the light-headedness and dizziness. I am not taking any anti-arrhythmia drugs currently, but still have the palpitations.
  14. mikewish

Are the Electo-Voice T35 tweeters any good?

I like them. I have them in most of the Klipsch products I own and several other brands of speakers. I have heard them sound harsh, but it went away when changing amos/receivers. I never felt the need to change them. Currently running them in my Klipschorns, La Scala, Belles, and KP-201.
  15. mikewish

Norman Model 10

I had 2 pairs in the last decade. Sold both for $200. Like tensleep, it took awhile to sell them and this was in Oklahoma where the brand is well known. I really like the sound of the Tens. I had a pair of 431 and the Ten were much better, but the 431 brought $100 more.
  16. mikewish

Concrete Driveway Replacement?

Broom finish on all walks and drives. ESSENTIAL! Hope it goes well. I no longer build, but code in this climate (south, but codes vary) is 6" slab with 1/2" rebar every 12". The inspectors don't enforce this, and most are 4" slab with wire. I always use fiber reinforced concrete. If money was...
  17. mikewish

Best roadster for sale in USA?

'74-1/2 MGB with a Pontiac 3400 FWD turned into RWD. Or my old 73 MGB with a 215 V8 with Buick 300 heads and crank.
  18. mikewish

Cornscalas. How good are they?

I have a pair of the original "CornScala". Beta Sound Model 100 from the late 70's, made in Dallas. Proprietary midrange designed by Phil Clements, T-35 tweeter, 15" woofer. They are currently out in the garage awaiting rebuilding. They sound better than my La Scala, and so good that I no longer...
  19. mikewish

What about this ATMOS?

From my limited study, Auro 3D seems to be the better system. At least for me.
  20. mikewish

Did I Get Too Impulsive - Genesis II Purchase

I just want to know where I can get green foam!
  21. mikewish

One thing you most regret buying for cheap then reselling?

Picked up a pair of Klipsch Cornwall decorators for $375 AND a pair of JBL 4333a for $1250 from the same place. Sold both. Sure wish I had kept the JBL!
  22. mikewish

Cleaning Cat Pee Off Speaker Covers

The SO just cleaned a grill from a set of Optimus speakers that has been peed on about 20 years ago. She used fabric spray stain remover. I am out of town or I would see what the label says. She repeated the process many times, and it completely removed the stain. She has been a dog groomer...
  23. mikewish

Kitchen Sound

My kitchen system is a Nakamichi Soundspace 5. Impressive sound for such a small unit.
  24. mikewish

Why are my Klipsch's so brittle.??

I did the same to my CF-2. Pulled the motor board, pulled the woofs. With the horn lens in place I matted the horn with some rubber/petroleum tape (about 2" wide). Then, I sprayed the back of the motor board with lens attached, with automotive rubberized undercoating (just happened to have some...
  25. mikewish

New member from OK

Go by Speakerworks in Tulsa and ask Dave.
Back
Top Bottom