Search results

1. djcslice

In the market for...

it seems to be running slow and more and more frequently when i turn it on it doesnt respond and i have to spin it to start it moving. I guess it could be the belt, but i bought it just a few years ago.
  2. djcslice

In the market for...

The motor on my technics sl-220 is dying and i am looking for a replacement turntable. My cap is 150 dollars. I am willing to consider new and used. What do you guys recommend at this price point.
  3. djcslice

Damn Nice Looking DIY Rack

This is what i have been working on as of late. Its finally partially together. I finished gluing up half of it and the other half will be finished today. Then its off to final sand, stain and varnish.
  4. djcslice

WANTED: A good screw

www.mcmaster.com
  5. djcslice

My DIY spiffy looking speaker cable guide..

i use 12ga outdoor heavy duty extention cable for my speaker wiring. It is heavy, well made, and the coating is flexable rubber instead of the stiffer, plastic coating. I bought it from northern tool for fairly cheap.
  6. djcslice

Damn Nice Looking DIY Rack

after a lot of delays i am back on the project of building this rack. I have two main plans modeled in 3d cad, here they are. this is from the original piece, basically its the exact same dimensions this is an updated version of the rack, its the same depth but twice as wide.
  7. djcslice

World's Biggest Subwoofer

the jackhammer weighs in at over 300lbs.
  8. djcslice

best soldering station

i havent found a hakko in my price range. the cheapest i saw one, was 80+. I ended up ordering a weller wlc-100 with a good amount of tips.
  9. djcslice

best soldering station

this is the cheapest i have found it. I am wondering if anyone has ever bought from this site? http://www.hmcelectronics.com/cgi-bin/scripts/product/1980-0373/
  10. djcslice

best soldering station

"really slim hakko"?? what model number is it? how much does it cost?
  11. djcslice

best soldering station

should i just buy a cheap soldering iron?
  12. djcslice

best soldering station

so is there another brand that what you recommended?
  13. djcslice

best soldering station

weller is an established brand in the soldering industry, so it seems like they are the best way to go. Anyone have any input?
  14. djcslice

best soldering station

what is the best soldering station that is under $50.00??
  15. djcslice

It's ALIVE!!!! My DIY music server!

really, all jimmy did was re wall a case and change mounting points. it is pretty simple to get what you want from simple materials. there is something about having a case like the silverstone. but you can probably find another one that fits your needs even better. i am considering putting a...
  16. djcslice

Yea, we were talking about this earlier in the thread, there is no F***ing way i would pay that much for a case. Even after materials i dont think that i would spend that much on just the case.
  17. djcslice

2.5mm or 3/32in jack

thanks!
  18. djcslice

2.5mm or 3/32in jack

all of those seem to be 3.5 which is not the size i need. I guess i am just stuck with the radioshack crap
  19. djcslice

Source for plastic receiver legs?

check out coolermaster. They make computer cases. The feet on my case built buy them has audio equipment style feet.
  20. djcslice

2.5mm or 3/32in jack

well neither is a crappy wired head set for a cell phone. I am looking of a connector that is better than a cheap radioshack one. I am not looking for hi-fi, i am not expecting hi-fi. the only reason that i why i posted it here is because many people know good sources for audio connectors.
  21. djcslice

2.5mm or 3/32in jack

i am looking for a nice 2.5mm or 3/32in jack much like the ones sold at radioshack but of higher quality. Where is a good place to look for them? It is for this DIY project http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/205/47/
  22. djcslice

A source for foam rubber grommets? (pic)

search for grommets, they have many different types of grommets. It may not be exactly the same but i think that they will fit your needs.
  23. djcslice

the touch pad looks 10X better.
  24. djcslice

A source for foam rubber grommets? (pic)

www.mcmaster.com
  25. djcslice

jimmy, since apple moved to intel chips you can "build" macs and install mac osx. people are also working on making amd processors work with osx
Back
Top Bottom