Search results

1. the architect

Fidelity Research FR-1 MK3F

Thank you for the replies. It came with a Technics SL 1400 MKII turntable that I found at Goodwill. If it requires specialized equipment then I may hold off for now getting it re-tipped. Currently my setup is fairly basic. From what I have read it seems like it would be a good cartridge.
  2. the architect

Who's listening with headphones tonight? To what?

Watching YouTube videos and listening through my Beyerdynamic DT-770's....currently playing—*repeat repeat, which is a great little indie/pop band
  3. the architect

Fidelity Research FR-1 MK3F

I have a Fidelity Research fr-1 MK3F cartridge with a missing/broken stylus. How would I go about getting a replacement stylus? It looks pretty fancy and pretty complicated to replace. It's not like other cartridges I have had where the stylus slides in and out. Would I need to send it off to...
  4. the architect

Pioneer PL-115d platter removal PROBLEM

I just bought a PL-115d and was going to install a new belt. The platter was pretty much seized and even with a few light taps on the spindle and pulling up I was unable to remove the platter. After a few more attempts (not forcing anything) it did come off but the spindle came with it. Now I...
  5. the architect

Loudness ON - Otherwise very thin sound

I kind of felt it was the speakers too. I'm not sure what speaker would go well with the 9500 II. Maybe the HPM-100's? Has anyone heard the amp with a different brand speaker?
  6. the architect

The phono preamp was upgraded using all correct transistors and capacitors according to markthefixer. I'm not sure how to connect a battery to the terminals? As far as room, When I first got it- it was in a carpeted living room and several speaker placements were used. My new apartment is a...
  7. the architect

It's always sounded thin on the 9500 II. Kind of a bummer. The klipsch went great with the SA-7500 I used to have years ago, but not with the SA-9500 II.
  8. the architect

I have the white wire going to the red input on both speaker & amp and black wire going to the black input on speaker & amp.
  9. the architect

It was like that before I modified anything on the amp or speakers. I use 12 gauge wire (Blue Jean Cable)
  10. the architect

I don't know if this is a mismatch of amp and speaker. Maybe you guys have an answer. I have a restored Pioneer SA-9500 II amp and Klipsch KG 4.2's with Bob Crites titanium diaphragms and capacitors. With the Loudness OFF it is very thin on the low-end. Definitely not something you would...
  11. the architect

Mlb 2013

I hope it is a CLASSIC series but I will take a Cardinals sweep of Boston :D
  12. the architect

Question/observation re: Pioneer pl-530 turntable

Yeah, knock this shit off. I hate it when someone posts a thread about a problem they are having and then this happens. Just get each others' phone numbers and yell at each other, that way we don't have to read about it.
  13. the architect

Question/observation re: Pioneer pl-530 turntable

That tone-arm base repair is pretty straightforward after dismantling. Epoxy type glue (as mentioned above) works. I've done this on 4 PL-530's. No wobble after that. Sorry about your situation.
  14. the architect

record shelf dividers

bagsunlimited and a label maker will make your collection look very professional
  15. the architect

U-Turn Audio’s $150 Orbit turntable- pic

LOL a whopping 12 units ready to go!
  16. the architect

Noob with Questions! Need advice on what to do next...

Sell the Lehmann and Bose and buy a Rega Brio-R integrated and Rega RS3 speakers. I listened to them at my local hi-fi store and it is a sweet musical setup. It's about $1600 (new) but if you sold the Bose and Lehmann it would offset the cost to be within your budget. Just my .02
  17. the architect

27 Breathtaking Record Stores You Have To Shop At Before You Die

They even have a nice collection of vintage gear and Technics SL-1200's set-up for listening to records. Wear a diaper before you go in because you will surely lose your shit as this is the most incredible record store in the Southwest.
  18. the architect

RCM that does NOT overheat??

edit..
  19. the architect

McIntosh MA6200 problem

Good idea. I will try that. He mainly has his laptop/iTunes as his source running through AUX. He also has a cheap usb turntable running through AUX2 (it has a built-in phono preamp). Weak left channel for both. Based on kevzep's advice I will go ahead and D5 the switches and only use...
  20. the architect

McIntosh MA6200 problem

Both channels did work the same in MONO. I don't have a lot of information yet. That was my first time seeing it the other day. Only spent about 20 minutes operating it. No Deoxit? The controls are a bit scratchy.
  21. the architect

McIntosh MA6200 problem

My friend has a MA6200 with a weak left channel. I checked the balance knob to make sure it was on properly, so that's ruled out. It's just louder on the right channel. The next time I go over I will Deoxit all of the pots and switches, etc. I've never dealt with a McIntosh before. Is there...
  22. the architect

U-Turn Audio’s $150 Orbit turntable- pic

Anyone get their table yet? Eagerly awaiting a review :D
  23. the architect

SA-9500 II stuck in protection

Maybe a moderator could consolidate all of your threads/posts about your SA-9500 II problem into just one thread
  24. the architect

A Pioneer PL-530 AND MORE...

It appears you have the SA-9500 MKI instead of the MKII. I'm not sure what features yours has but on the MKII it has Capacitance (pF) and Resistance settings.
Back
Top Bottom