Search results

1. kfa888

MB Quart 980S

very cool
  2. kfa888

Legacy-1 speakers, predecessor to the Classic (Legacy Audio)

So it has a front and down firing woofers? Both sharing the same cab space and ported?
  3. kfa888

M&K speaker fan thread

Oh, had some A1's. Had a million different settings via jumpers on the back. Really wanted to like them, found them OK but never really grabbed me. Mid/woofs might not have been perfect on those. Just like these...
  4. kfa888

M&K speaker fan thread

LOVE my very musical rebuilt M&K Servo Volkswoofer. Easy to integrate, disappears, adds deep bass, sounds like music. Seems to work great with almost everything I have paired with it. Easy to adjust quickly. Self powered, sealed, 12". Never used it for HT. Also have a M&K Goliath sub, sealed...
  5. kfa888

Shower Speakers?

They actually make shower speakers. Simple bluetooth waterproof speakers. Your not going to get good sound out of anything for the above reasons and that your taking a shower which is loud and water in your ears etc. Amazon has piles of them. I'd not over think this.
  6. kfa888

Two Way Speakers and Frequency Response?

On the other hand many run 2 sets of similar or dissimilar speakers at once and love the sound. Can there be technical issues described above, yes. Can it still sound good to you, yes. Let your ears decide because that's the point right? It's easy to talk about why it will not work but many of...
  7. kfa888

Rate YOUR Speakers You Own Right NOW.

I'm feeling really good about my current speaker collection. Focal book shelfs - Sound fantastic. Love them Energy Audissey 5+2 - amazing, huge sound Eosone RSF1000 - Huge bipolar sound, really good Minty Altec 601C's - so freaking good with my 5 watt SERT tube amp. Yummy SpeakerLab 7"s - Huge...
  8. kfa888

What small vintage speakers are in your collection?

That tweeter looks more like a Focal tweeter than a EPI. Interesting.
  9. kfa888

vintage REL subwoofer versus modern subwoofer

I can't directly answer your question but I use a old M&K Goliath and Volkswoofer. The Volkswoofer is servo controlled and better to me than most newer subs I have tried. Admittedly I have not tried expensive high end new subs.
  10. kfa888

Oddball speakers

What are you looking for / need? I'm in Vancouver and have some loose drivers.
  11. kfa888

Metal cone and dome speaker ID

Seriously crazy looking stuff there. What's going on with that ring on the woofer... or is that the mid?
  12. kfa888

Metal cone and dome speaker ID

yep Looks like some crazy home brew attempt.
  13. kfa888

Victor Zero 1000

thanks for the pics. Those look very well built and worthy of the attention you are giving them.
  14. kfa888

Vacuum speakers

sound waves will still bounce around inside the box regardless of a little vacuum or not.
  15. kfa888

Vacuum speakers

No
  16. kfa888

Damaged Speakers

I bet those sound good. I had the massive Imperial 9's and they were better than I thought they would be looking at them. Looks like I had a lot of massive speakers back then ha ha ha
  17. kfa888

Damaged Speakers

Entertaining thread. As for the speakers. Use some sort of wood repair epoxy or putty to smooth the flange and repair issues. There are several methods to replace the gasket. Rotate the driver so the holes line up between the issues. Looks like the mids need foam?
  18. kfa888

Design Acoustics D8 Bass Driver Question

elmers should be fine for wood to paper.
  19. kfa888

Pain in ears from trebel or bass?

Maybe try some very polite vintage speakers like Wharfefedale W series, Rectilinear, etc. Many of them are warm and easy to listen to and roll off on top.
  20. kfa888

Victor Zero 1000

:needpics:
  21. kfa888

Help Identifying these speakers...

My info and review. https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/whats-wrong-with-me-jevchance-made-me-do-it-eosone-rsf-1000.989522/
  22. kfa888

Help Identifying these speakers...

I have a set, GRAB THEM NOW if reasonably priced. Very good speakers. DiPole, powered subs, big nice sound. Very good speakers.
Back
Top Bottom