Search results

1. cairns4me

Yamaha CR-600: up & running again

JD Audio.... Wot a damn good account of your Yamaha CR-600 Resus' Service ! So detailed & certainly will be a big help to others in future. For a newish member, it's a MIGHTY WELCOME from me mate. Cheers !
  2. cairns4me

MF VLPS MKII Phono Pre Mods/Upgrades

Hi guys. Have searched for upgrading Musical Fidelity Phono Pre VLPS-II. Found a fabulous comprehensive article- written way back when- for the VLPS-1 but I understand the "II" Model is quite a different circuit design. Has any fellow AK'er any UPGRADING tips based on their experience as an...
  3. cairns4me

Another Super High End Phono Stage! No expense spared...

Very good advice, well written in a way that all readers of any tech' level can understand. Thanks mate- very helpful
  4. cairns4me

AD797 Phono Stage Build and Help Desk Thread

Hey there Sach' , hope all is going ok for you & Family. In fact same goes for all members of " our A.K. Family ". Thank goodness this prick of a year is approaching done!
  5. cairns4me

Definitive Technology bad plate amps, lots of them.

Ah ok, thanks for reply. Mine is a supercube 3...3 times the input/,preamp board replaced by DefTech....so I reckon it's issue is on power amp board .
  6. cairns4me

Definitive Technology bad plate amps, lots of them.

Hobie, which model sub is it that U refer to please?
  7. cairns4me

DEFINITIVE TECH SUPERCUBE III SUBWOOFER

Still no go....no reply from United Audio or the "info@deftech.com" address......but I will keep at it...after all DefTech kept selling series II & III WELL AFTER THEY WERE AWARE THE AMPS WERE NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.
  8. cairns4me

Wave Power Supply-advantage?

What is advantage of this-would a "Line Interactive UPS" offer same benefit if turntable plugged into a Modified Wave Socket...albeit the UPS needs a bigger space due to its size being min of a house brick. Following is part of listing in case you unaware of the item " The Wave power supply can...
  9. cairns4me

Lenco L75 or Ariston Audio RD11s or Thorens TD125 mk2?

Hi there Sachin...hey I must google for details about the Schroeder clone tonearm. What an absolutely terrific level of beautiful workmanship you present...but I MUST look into your tonearm as I said. Cheers mate for now, Laurie.
  10. cairns4me

AD797 Phono Stage Build and Help Desk Thread

Now this build really DOES look hot. It visually oozes quality which the AK member was chasing. Superb job....
  11. cairns4me

Ordered 1.7i Maggie's today. (Edit) Would like sub ideas please.

How did you get your deftech Supercube III to WORK??? BTW Supercube III is a ( single ) 7inch dual voice coil active driver accompanied by two 7inch passive radiators. But there's hundreds of Supercube series II AND III Owners who have been let down by Definitive Technology due to the...
  12. cairns4me

Def' Tech SuperCube III AMP FAULT

Hey there Jazzmans...I am now back on the job of trying to get this lil' sub woofing again after a long illness..yeah-I am the OP. I saw an earlier comment above about not expecting to drive the crap out of these..well I'm 64 yrs old and I don't play a lotta house music nowadays...and I', m in...
  13. cairns4me

DUAL Counterweight Need...

Ew..of course it really IS a bit of an ad. My apologies for the oversight. Please remove as appropriate.Again my apologies..L.
  14. cairns4me

DUAL Counterweight Need...

Hi guys.. I need to find a Dual Counterweight of the Anti-Resonator type. It can be from a 701, 704, 1245/1246, 721 and several others which -while not 100% identical to original- will do the job...so IF YOU have a DUAL counterweight which is not needed please Priv Msg me. Note please- I am...
  15. cairns4me

I am the O.P. I must clarify I had fitted the replaced preamp plate which is the panel with the input socketry, controls etc and it is THE REPLACEMENT that has now again failed. In reply to "how do they get bass as low as the claimed 26Hz?" Well yes there prolly IS a bit of EQ'ing going-on in...
  16. cairns4me

Hi guys/gals anyone have experience with Def Tech SuperCube III "PLATE AMP" Failures? Mine failed after 2 yrs so Def Tech kindly sent to me in Oztraya a complete replacement module of the input plate and preamp section -as that was the typical section with which many units experienced failure...
  17. cairns4me

1/ My long post above was first post I have lodged in months. 2/ If you know who "The Complainer" is then why aim a veiled childlike threat at ME ? Quote " you have been warned....Play Fair "..... OH PLEASE
  18. cairns4me

Gee thanks.. I qualified my post as my own personal opinion based on sheer fact. I take it that I am interpreted as " the complainer" ? I merely pointed-out the confusion that I, a loyal & long-term contributor am experiencing as I sift through a year and half of updates etc for my prized...
  19. cairns4me

Been "off air" many months due to unwell-ness:) Now reading thru thread to see what new ideas/updates etc are being discussed about Fasterdammit, Sachin and "The Toad"s venerable, evolving cnc. I got up to the first few posts about a skrodal cnc variant. As I read all posts I get more & more...
  20. cairns4me

Yep, Grainger49 sure knows his onions...Every board I have obtained thru Sachin has been of exceptional manufacturing quality and as for Sachin's service-well the boards arrive here- up the top of Oztraya- before Sach' has actually posted the little beggars!!! Kidding aside....consistently...
  21. cairns4me

Will a Phono Pre amp do? or do i need a new receiver/preamp?

I just stumbled onto this thread, thought WOW what a gr8 idea..I went to the website and saw we can order a sample pack for just cost of about US$0.99c for postage. The details of product sounds like the pieces of Dimming "film" are sticking using something along the lines of the "electrostatic"...
  22. cairns4me

SUPERTWEETER CROSSOVER & GAIN CONTROL CIRCUIT

Elnaldo & Lavane...hey good idea and yes even I can understand where you guys are coming from. So let's ask moe of our valued Techies what they reckon about it being an L Pad. But still I am in the dark about that inductor value- but here is the actual TEXT of the *BAY advert listing general...
  23. cairns4me

SUPERTWEETER CROSSOVER & GAIN CONTROL CIRCUIT

Hi JT1340...I just finished writing about my OP above your question...and what YOU ask is exactly what I am asking our learned Techies to advise us of....:)
Back
Top Bottom