Search results

1. adamp

1060 Champagne Engraved - anyone touch up the lettering on the faceplate on these?

Good day AK, I recently picked up an early, C/E model 1060 from my local classified ads. Bought it from an older gentleman who is living in a ~600 square foot apartment, and he had been using it as a preamp for his 510M power amp. He sold the 1060 as he bought a 1120 to use as a pre, because...
  2. adamp

Please educate me on vintage Marantz Quad gear...

I've had lots of vintage Marantz gear over the years, but have yet to dabble in 4-channel stuff. There's a decently-priced (in my opinion) Model 4415 here at a local shop. It does not have the SQ decoder card thingy in the bottom of it. Aside from the obvious 4 speakers and some quad records...
  3. adamp

2275 Hum only on Aux input

Good afternoon AK gurus..... I recently acquired a 2275. I love it and think I prefer it over my 2270. To my ears, anyway, it seems more detailed and a lot more than 5wpc more powerful, plus the FM tuner is far superior in terms of pulling in weak stations. However, there is a pretty loud hum...
  4. adamp

2238 seems excessively "bass-y".......

OK; a bit of background here. I know I'm not just being crazy as I've listened to three 2238's in the past week. One belongs to a friend, her mom gave it to her as it wasn't being used, and it's currently at my house for a cleaning/relamping which I finished earlier this week but she hasn't...
  5. adamp

Sansui 331 intermittent right channel

I'm more of a vintage Marantz guy but couldn't pass up a cheap Sansui 331 last weekend. I went to pick up a pair of Marantz Imperial 7 speakers and the guy included this 331 for $10.... All of the bulbs were burned and all of the controls were super crackly. I took it apart, replaced the fuse...
  6. adamp

Power Transformer Interchange?

I need a power transformer assembly for my Marantz 2215. Does anybody know what other units can donate one? For example, I may have access to one from a 2230 if it's interchangable. I have tried looking in factory service manuals/parts lists to find matching part numbers between units but I only...
Back
Top Bottom