Search results

1. statman122

Upgrade tubes for a rogue audio sphinx

I also did this, and found the opposite, While the Mullards did seem to bring a little more bass, they made the mids and highs worse to my ear. After 2 days, I put the stock tubes back in. Do the Mullards need to be "warmed up" a bit?
  2. statman122

Anyone heard the Goldenear BRX speakers? Please chime in!

Thank you for this! I found a beautiful, lightly used pair for 2K. They BLOW AWAY all the others on my list. The Focals and the Martin Logan B-100 are going back. I can find no fault with these Dynaudio speakers, I just listen to the music again! Many thanks!
  3. statman122

I've been listening to the Focal 906 for awhile now, and while they are no doubt good speakers, I'm finding them a little harsh in the midrange. I have a pair of Martin Logan XT b100 coming to compare. I'll make it a point to seek out the Dynaudio for an audition as well.
  4. statman122

And a new contender enters the ring. I love it!
  5. statman122

A friend of mine has the Lintons, and while they are certainly good speakers, they are "not for me". I don't like the way the mids and highs cross over on them. Should be smoother to my ear. I'm going with the Focal 906 for now. They will arrive Wednesday and I have 60 days to audition them...
  6. statman122

Ordered a Rogue Audio Sphinx v3. Narrowing speaker choices to the new Martin Logan XTB100, the Focal Aria 906, Sonus Faber Lumina II, also considering similar price KEF. Can anyone compare any of these for me?
  7. statman122

Looking to place on top shelf of an entertainment center, about 30" high.
  8. statman122

Also considering KEF 3 or a Focal or Paradigm bookshelf
  9. statman122

Thanks guys! Appreciate the help so far. Keep those suggestions coming though :)
  10. statman122

Driver of truck is dead. If I had been home, I would be too. Fortunately picked that day to visit my cousin! https://www.kxly.com/news/truck-crashes-into-home-near-chief-garry-park-driver-dead/article_760a561e-bc7d-11ed-ae7d-6f39a0a301fa.html
  11. statman122

Still a long way to go. Haven't found a new apartment yet. Submitting insurance claim inventory form today. At this point, leaning Rogue Sphinx v3 with Goldenear BRX. I will drive 2 hours to nearest town with a decent hi fi shop to hear the goldenear, along with the latest Martin Logan...
  12. statman122

Anyone heard the Vincent Audio SV-500? From what I've looked at , the Rogue blows it away across the board?
  13. statman122

At the risk of derailing the thread, is there a decent hybrid integrated that would be similar to my Jolida 1501RC?
  14. statman122

I recently had all of my gear destroyed when a truck drove through my living room! I was playing a Jolida 1503 through the smaller Martin Logan ESL's. Honestly, it's the Technics SL 1300 that breaks my heart! So hard to find a table like that. Anyway, I was looking to go to the bookshelf...
  15. statman122

which radio station / time do you recall?

http://rockradioscrapbook.ca/td.html Tom Donahue, father of underground radio
  16. statman122

which radio station / time do you recall?

I grew up on KHJ before I "graduated" to FM radio. I used to walk to the local music store every week to collect the little top 30 charts that they issued. I still have a couple of them, wish I'd kept them all!
  17. statman122

Schiit Modi Multibit

DAC box FSL does not have USB connect though, corrrect? I'm afraid that rules it out for me
  18. statman122

Hooking up Computer to Reciever

say , under $200?
  19. statman122

Can you recommend one that isn't TOO expensive?
  20. statman122

The DAC is in the Teac P650 cd player (usb port on front, which works fine with iPod or memory stick) . The laptop is a Lenovo using windows 10. My thinking is I don't have a proper sound card for this function. I could go through the headphone out, but it doesn't sound all that good.
  21. statman122

I tried running a USB from laptop to my DAC, but no sound comes through the USB port. My only option under sound prefs. is "conexant smart audio speakers" Is there a way around this?
  22. statman122

Looking for an integrated amp

I've been very pleased with the Jolida integrated http://www.jolida.com/product/jd-1501-brc
  23. statman122

Looking for an MP3 Player high rez

I would need at least 500 Gigs. Any ideas?
  24. statman122

Martin Logan Motion 40's or KEF 104/2?

I did some demo work, and ended up pulling the trigger on the Electromotion ESL. I thought they blew away the motion series (including the motion 60) . I also listened to the Maggie 1.7, but the ML line blew it away IMO. Also, the ESL's were 25% off. Very happy, and I think that these are...
  25. statman122

New vs Old speakers. The Quandary

I'm beginning to think electrostats are taking things to a new level. Just auditioned the Martin Logan ESL and WOW!
Back
Top Bottom