Search results

1. RobFixter

My new to me VAC Musicbloc 160's

I've made a few recent changes. I really like these VAC mono blocks.
  2. RobFixter

MHA100 DAC question

So this is odd. I have a laptop that I use for a source to the USB input on the MHA100. When I play Jriver, or Roon through it it is fine. When I stop and try to play Spotify or Tidal nothing comes out. I think it has to do with the software (Jriver/Roon) taking control of the McIntosh driver. I...
  3. RobFixter

We all have to start somewhere - 1st McIntosh piece MHA100

This thing is pretty cool. I am using it as a DAC/Pre and headphone amp. Looking forward to a set of the 2KW amplifiers (hahaha)
  4. RobFixter

Added a new Headphone Amp/DAC/Preamp to my system :)

Pretty nice little device. I am really happy with it. I am using it as a preamp/DAC to my Jolida and it sounds amazing.
  5. RobFixter

Crazy bi-amp question

So I have a Jolida JD801BRC and was thinking of buying a McIntosh MC152 to run to the bottom end on my KEF R700s and the Jolida for the highs ... anyone tried this? Just currious if this would work. Going from the Preouts on the Jolida to the McIntosh. Just a crazy thought.
  6. RobFixter

Time for a new CD player

I am currently using an Adcom GDV-850 that I have had forever. There is really nothing wrong with it, I just want to change things up a little bit and get a dedicated CD player. I have a Schiit Modi 2 Uber DAC that I ham using on the Adcom and have been looking at the Cambridge CXC, but what...
  7. RobFixter

MQA certified cables ... I bet someone tries to market them :)

With all this talk about MQA, I wonder who will be the first to offer MQA certified cables? Just curious what other peoples thoughts on this would be.
  8. RobFixter

My little system ... I'm happy :)

My system is nothing super fancy, but I think it sounds pretty damn nice for what it is. I had the Jolida modified by Jolida back in November and just added the KEF R700s a couple weeks ago. This is before with the B&W 683s. And with the new KEF R700s. Just wanted to share :) Rob
  9. RobFixter

Jolida JD801BRC & KT150's

I'm really happy with how this has turned out. The sound is amazing and I'm really enjoying it.
  10. RobFixter

KT120 or KT150's can't decide

I recently bought a Jolida JD801 and was talking to the guys at Jolida and they said I could use either of these tubes in my amp. My question is, is it worth double the money for the KT150's? And will they both sound better than the 6550's that came with the amp? Thanks, Rob
  11. RobFixter

Too much fun with Jolida JD801 & Digital SLR :)

I picked this amp up yesterday and I'm lovin it. I'm going to order a set of KT150s for it in the next week or so (need more money). So I snapped a few pics with the Digital SLR and the tripod that I thought I would share.
  12. RobFixter

Need advice on transformer hum

I have a set of Audio Mirror 20w SET mono blocks. They are about 13 years old and the transformers hum (slightly), but it is enough to hear when there is quiet parts of the music, or no music. I have installed a MIT Z-Dup Super outlet, I have a power conditioner and have taken them to my local...
  13. RobFixter

Ok, I'm officially done ... well until next week :)

I sold off my Peachtree Nova Pre and 220 amplifier. Added these Audio Mirror tube amps and Audio Note M2 Line Preamp .... I'm really diggin this :) I am kind of tired of lugging all this stuff around and need to sit and listen to some music for a while.
  14. RobFixter

So confused, too many choices and I can't decide ....

Ok so here is my problem ... I have a Peachtree Nova Pre that I am thinking of selling to buy a tube pre-amp (probably a pre-owned Audio Note). I have a Music Hall Dac 25.3 and a Music Hall Headphone amp for my Audeze headphones. I could use the Music Hall Dac into the Audio Note, and maybe a...
  15. RobFixter

Making the move to tubes from SS

So far this is what I have. I am in the process of selling my Peachtree 220 and bought these Audio Mirror monoblocks. I have a Mystere Preamp on loan that I am going to hook up this weekend.
  16. RobFixter

Granite blocks for the amplifiers to sit on

Picked these up yesterday and I think it turned out pretty nice. Thinking of some isolation feet under the amps, but really sure. I saw some that were like rubber and cork, maybe that would work? Any thoughts on isolation feet that would look nice, and be sturdy enough under the amps? Thanks, Rob
  17. RobFixter

Another change to my setup

Audio Mirror Eargasm monoblocks :) Soon the Peachtree stuff will be gone and I will have a nice tube preamp sitting in there somewhere, once I figure out what I want. :banana:
  18. RobFixter

Santa was nice this year :)

I got 2 new vinyl albums, 2 headphone stands, a set of AudioEngine A2 speakers and an upgraded cable for my Audeze LCD-2s - All that equals spoiled :) Soon removing the Peachtree stuff from the system and going with the Mystere Integrated amplifier pictured. It is on loan right now, just...
  19. RobFixter

Headphone setup is complete .... For Now :)

I'm thinking of a DIY rack to hold all of this, maybe something made from clear acrylic ... Not sure yet, but I am really happy with the sound. 2011 Mac Mini Server, Music Hall Dac25.3, Music Hall ph25.2, Audeze LCD-2s
  20. RobFixter

Audeze & Peachtree Audio Nova Pre :)

It works for me :)
  21. RobFixter

Just ordered Audeze LCD-2s today :)

I'm pretty excited and can't wait for the FedEx guy to come Wednesday. So now my search starts for a headphone amp/DAC Looking in the $500 price range. Been looking at the Alo Audio The PanAm ?? Currently will be using my Peachtree Audio Nova Pre until I can save up a little more $$$
  22. RobFixter

Can't decide Sennheiser HD 650 or HD 700's

I am trying out a pair of HD 650's right now and they are pretty awesome. I'm thinking I want the HD 700's but not sure. I can buy a decent portable DAC/amp and the 650's for the price of the 700's. Not really interested in any other brand at this point. Any input? Thanks, Rob
  23. RobFixter

Added a sub and changed things a bit :)

I added a B&W ASW610 sub to my setup. This is in the master bedroom, so I kind of did a crappy photoshop job on removing the corner of the bed :banana:
  24. RobFixter

New pic and layout for my setup

Always fun to move things around a little bit. Now time to sit and listen for a while :)
  25. RobFixter

Upgraded my Speakers today :)

So today I upgraded from my B&W 685's to the 683's. I also removed my Paradigm PDR-10 sub from the system. I'm really happy I think the speakers sound and look amazing. :banana:
Back
Top Bottom