Search results

1. dave500

Valve Amplification Company PA-45

Thanks Gordon, I'll try calling them. The amps are perfect; I've gone through them (been servicing tube amps since the 1960's- was authorized McIntosh, Marantz, HK, etc). I'm more interested in the history of them. I got them from the original owner, and he said they were designed to sound...
  2. dave500

Valve Amplification Company PA-45

I acquired a VAC PA-45 amplifier set (amps & power supplies) in mint condition (gold & piano black finish). They operate flawlessly. The PA-45 is the 2-EL34 version of the PA-90 (4-EL34); they are monoblocks with separate power supplies. Does anyone have any information on them, or using a...
  3. dave500

VAC PA-45 information

Thanks for the information Gordon. This discussion was moved to the 'Dollars & Sense' subforum for me, but there have been no other responses. I did reach out to VAC several times, but my simple inquiry was ignored. Companies such as Valve Amplification Company and Schiit Audio don't bother...
  4. dave500

VAC PA-45 information

Hello, I acquired a set of Valve Amplification Company VAC PA-45 (2 amplifiers & 2 power supplies). Other than the owners manual, I'm unable to find anything about them. They are in pristine condition; piano-black finish, and perform flawlessly. The PA-45 is the "little brother" of the...
  5. dave500

Trevor Lees (Dyna) preamp

I was unable to find any info on the TL preamp, and ended up selling it years ago.
  6. dave500

The McIntosh Amplifier Clinics 1962-1991

I worked as the service tech at JB Sound Systems in Rochester, NY for 18 years. I have 2 McIntosh stories. The Grateful Dead was playing in town, and when unloading their equipment, dropped an MC-2300. A roadie showed up at the Ridge Rd store and paid cash for a new 2300. During a clinic, a...
  7. dave500

1953/1954 Klipschorns (McIntosh MC-225), Cornwall II (Marantz 2020b), Heresy I (Marantz 1120)...

1953/1954 Klipschorns (McIntosh MC-225), Cornwall II (Marantz 2020b), Heresy I (Marantz 1120). Rebel V, Shorthorn, etc...
  8. dave500

Pork Chops

Vegan here
  9. dave500

fave klipsch heritage line speaks

1953/1954 Klipschorns Cornwall II's Heresy's Shorthorn Rebel V
  10. dave500

Simple, cheap amp?

Get her something GOOD!
  11. dave500

UPA63H dual-FET SIP needed for Kenwood KA-7100

Thanks Warren, but no dice! I tried them first.
  12. dave500

UPA63H dual-FET SIP needed for Kenwood KA-7100

Hi, I'm looking for a (2) UPA-63H dual-FET SIPs for a Kenwood KA-7100. I ordered them at the Partstore.com, but they were out of stock and not sure if they could get them. Can anyone help? I found them elsewhere, but they had a $25 minimum. Any suggestions as to where I can obtain them...
  13. dave500

MC225: Transformer silkscreening

Hello, I have a nice MC225, but unfortunatly the power transformer has a large paint bubble/rust area under the silkscreening. I'd like to repaint the transformer, but hesitate due to the silkscreened information. Does anyone offer a silkscreen of the logo, or a dry transfer? Thank you for...
  14. dave500

Tandberg 2045

I worked as a tech for a Tandberg dealer for 18 years. The Tandberg receivers were top notch; excellent tuner sections, good sounding audio, very reliable, and serviceable. The only problems I remember were intermittent selector switches (push buttons). The light bulbs rarely went out, unlike...
  15. dave500

Help Audiokarma celebrate 5 years and learn how to win 500.00 worth of prizes !

Contest This is Dave. I love this site, and the helpful members!
  16. dave500

Honest oppinions needed!

I worked for a McIntosh dealer in the 1970's and 1980's. We had the periodic Mac clinic each fall. At one clinic, a guy was carrying an MC-2105 in a wooden case, carrying it with the front of the amp AWAY from him, and as he approached the door of the store, the amp swung out (yup, the...
  17. dave500

Anyone remember 1980 tiny Onkyo receiver?

I have a mint TX-20 in the box, like new. I've had it in my office for years, and just brought it home last week. It's a great little receiver. I had it in my bedroom for a time in the 1980's, then packed it up and was going to use it at work, but I was unable to receive FM in this all-metal...
  18. dave500

No, not the case at all. It appears to have not been completed. It had the T.L. faceplate, so I'd like to find the T.L. preamp schematic so I could finish it. Right now it's not wired as a Trevor Lees or PAS 3. Anybody out there know where I can find a schematic of the Trevor Lees preamp...
  19. dave500

Today I was at a garage sale and bought a Trevor Lees preamp. It's a Dyna PAS-3 chassis with a different faceplate and different circuit boards. It's partially built or was tampered with... many wires cut out, but all components and PC boards are there. Can anyone supply a schematic of this...
  20. dave500

Crown SS800 Series Reel to Reel

I recently sold an SX724 with 20 hours on it, totally re-capped for $900. I know it's a different model, but hopefully it'll put you in the ballpark.
  21. dave500

your biggest gear purchase letdowns

Adcom ACE-515 power conditioner/switcher... what a piece of junk. Unit features delayed outlet for power amp. Had home brewed preamp, Marantz 8b power amp with small cooling fan connected to delayed amp outlet, all installed in CWD audio cabinet with wooden doors (only opened when using...
  22. dave500

Au-555a Doa

Yesterday I received a Kenwood KA-6000 for repair of a crackling channel. As received, it was DOA. A quick check revealed that one of the transformer's primary wires passed between the fuse holder and chassis support. Some rough handling must have flexed the chassis and severed the wire...
  23. dave500

DIY failure caused by static I think

Just came across this old thread... an old trick I learned long ago was to put a light coating of Dish Detergent on the plastic (coat it lightly, then rub off with a dry, soft cloth). The film prevents static electricity buildup. I used to see this problem in the 70's on tape decks, etc with...
  24. dave500

Tubes or Transistors

It's posts like these that have me addicted to AK !
  25. dave500

last resort help with my Marantz 2275!

From a Marantz tech of many years... don't bother cleaning the relay once it's gone this far. The scenerio is that once the relay contacts have burned/pitted, the contact plating has burned away, and each time it sparks upon turn on (with volume turned up), it produces carbon, which eventually...
Back
Top Bottom