Search results

1. jeremyjustic

Couple of SL 1200 basket cases

Hi guys, been awhile since I’ve posted last but I am picking up a couple of SL1200 basket cases and could use some help. These were dropped off to an electronics repair person who disassembled them and then put them on the shelf for a few years. After the repairman’s passing, my buddy got a...
  2. jeremyjustic

Longer speaker cables or Interconnects????

Hey guys, been a while since I’ve posted anything. I hope all is well. so here’s my issue. We are doing some home renovations and rearranging of our layout and it’s looking like my speaker location is going to be about 25’ from my proposed amplifier location. Now, I could easily run 25’...
  3. jeremyjustic

vintage tonearm experts...got a question

Ok guys, I hope everyone is well. I'm trying to help out a member looking for some Gray research tonearm parts. I have this armrest which I am pretty sure is a Gray research and I thought these two cartridge sleds were also from a Gray Research tonearm but now I am looking at photos I'm not...
  4. jeremyjustic

MP3 now officially dead

quote from the article "It may be for the best. Last year, research conducted by the Audio Engineering Library found that MP3s and other low-quality compression formats essentially drain your music of emotion. The results showed that MP3 compression strengthened neutral and negative emotional...
  5. jeremyjustic

My Threshold system

Been a long time since I posted any system pics, the vintage McIntosh system is gone and was replaced by a less vintage Threshold system. We just bought our house and did a little living room make over so I figured now is a good time to post some new photos. the system is Garrard 401 with two...
  6. jeremyjustic

ok , this is weird, sudden loss of volume...

Hey guys, had something weird happen yesterday. While doing some work in my living room, I temporarily unplugged my system from the outlets, leaving all rca connections in place, and slid the rack out. When I put everything back, plugged everything up for some weird reason the phono volume is...
  7. jeremyjustic

Do you classical fans feel like you hit the lottery?

Went to a book/record sale today, probably a 1000 records to flip through....every single one was classical. All I could think was now must be a good time to be a fan of classical music! I feel like every time I go to a thrift store , junk shop , book/record sale etc every single record there is...
  8. jeremyjustic

Preservation Hall Jazz Band new album up for pre order

It's Mardi Gras day down here in New Orleans and Preservation hall jazz band's new album is up for pre order! Their last album is absolutely fantastic and I'm sure this one will be too! The pre order website is pledgemusic.com and they have several packages available. I opted for the signed test...
  9. jeremyjustic

ebay shill bids, what to do?

Hi guys, I was looking at a couple of professor longhair records on ebay, I asked the seller about combining shipping. Well I went ahead and bid, which I normally dont do till the last minute but thought I'd go ahead and try out a new strategy. Well I got a response from the seller then was...
  10. jeremyjustic

lets talk about those super fancy room treatments....

You know , the upside down city skyline things on ceilings, wooden slats angled at different directions, different shapes and angles all over the place. How do they figure out what weird shape to put where? I'm sure there is a science to it but is it something the general enthusiast can do on...
  11. jeremyjustic

any Idler guys try a derumbleizer?

I was having a conversation today with a buddy in London who has a vinyl mastering house. He does all his mastering and cutting on a Neumman lathe, has a bunch of cool idler turntables and vintage gear. We got to talking about his EMT and my garrard 401. He was asking if I have problems with...
  12. jeremyjustic

ever hear of gear being stolen due to pics posted online?

I attended my first meeting of the New Orleans audiophile club this past week were a discussion about forming a facebook page for the group took an interesting turn. It seems some members are extremely concerned about photo geotagging and the possibility of criminals seeing your posted photos...
  13. jeremyjustic

Bohemian Rhapsody’ Played On A 100-Year-Old Fairground Organ

Not sure if this has been posted but I just found it and thought I would share. Pretty cool, definitely different!
  14. jeremyjustic

Rek-o-kut R33, any info out there?

Hi guys, I have a Rek-o-kut r33 I picked up as a project a few years ago and can't find any info on it. It is a belt driven table and it's been sitting in a box in my attic for the last 3 or 4 years, that's about all I know. And yes it's an R33 not an R34. Anyone have any info, pics ...
  15. jeremyjustic

the Threshold owners thread

Hey guys, I've searched and cant find a Threshold owners thread so I figured I'd start one. I first became aware of Threshold at a young age, in fact , Threshold was my first introduction to the audiophile hobby. I had the proverbial cool uncle who moved back to New Orleans after living in...
  16. jeremyjustic

I want some new speakers....

but have no idea what to get. I've been thinking about replacing my Dali ikon 6's for a while. The top end sounds amazing on these speakers but they lack real bass weight, kind of thin on the bottom. I've been thinking about going up the Dali line, maybe some helicon 8's or the euphonia ms-4's...
  17. jeremyjustic

database of audio shows in the U.S.??????

Hi guys, Quick question. I have been thinking a lot about upgrading my speakers but the choices of audio stores down here in New Orleans is pretty dismal. I would like to attend a couple of audio shows so I could listen to several different brands before taking the plunge. Only trouble is I...
  18. jeremyjustic

Neat little piece of vinyl history

Picked up this neat little Voice-o-graph 6" record at the thrift store the other day. I wonder what Lillian and Jenny had to say to Jill and Peggy back in 1949. The vinyl surface is pretty cracked on one side and chipping off on the other so I guess we will never know.
  19. jeremyjustic

collector value in relation to popularity

Mods, this is not a thread asking value on a specific item, but a discussion on value fluctuation in relation to an artist popularity, hopefully it can stay here and not be moved to D&S So guys, I've been spending a lot of time buying records lately and filling out the collection and was...
  20. jeremyjustic

Black mirror

I didnt see any other threads on Black mirror. If you havent seen or heard anything about this show, it is a netflix original, think modern times sci-fi twilight zone centered around technology. This show is very well done, smart and the scenarios are so close to reality you could easily see...
  21. jeremyjustic

any White stripes/jack white collectors put there?

I realized last night I have a pretty serious Jack White problem, Between his solo stuff and various side projects I have 40 something records.... Problem is I have all the common stuff, the stuff I want is big money. Glad I finally joined the Vault!
  22. jeremyjustic

A "cutting edge" vinyl vacation with a little bit of history! pic heavy

Hey guys, So I just got home from a work trip to the UK and Holland and had a couple of really interesting experiences I thought I would share with you guys. First I was in Amsterdam for a buddies shop opening party, at the party he mentioned the shop next door "makes records", whaaaaaat. So...
  23. jeremyjustic

VPI hw19jr, worth getting???

Hey guys, I got a line on a VPI HW19jr new old stock, never had an arm mounted on it, in perfect condition with dust cover. Honestly I'm not sold on the table yet, I've read up about it, I have a couple of extra tonearms that would be perfect for it, I know VPI's reputation, the price is right...
  24. jeremyjustic

School me on the Renaissance 90's

Hey guys, I have wanted a pair of big Infinitys since the early 90's when my uncle brought home his kappa 9's. My buddy has a nice pair of Renaissance 90's he has offered to me and I wanted some opinions. I have been reading up and searching AK and now have a couple of questions. I will be...
  25. jeremyjustic

any AKers on Instagram?

Hey guys, anyone on Instagram posting photos of gear or records or anything music related? I often post pics of the days record scores, clips of songs, gear photos etc. search for jeremymfjustice I'd like to follow anyone who post audio related photos, please post your user name so we can get...
Back
Top Bottom