Search results

1. P

Sherwood stereo blowing fuses in one channel. What to check?

I have a very nice Sherwood S-7110 that keeps blowing the left channel fuse as soon as I plug a speaker in to that side. It doesn't blow a fuse when no speaker is plugged in. The right channel outputs just fine. I've visually looked at everything and don't see any bad capacitors or other...
  2. P

What can I use for stereo heat spacers risers?

I use an older Harman Kardon AVR-146 in my office, and I stack a printer on top of it. But the receiver doesn't ventilate properly through the top because the feet on the printer are so short. Any ideas for an object of some sort I can use for feet for the printer? I read about someone using...
  3. P

Harman Kardon AVR-146 making noises - safe?

I use an old Harman Kardon AVR-146 for my computer stereo, and it's been making weird clicking sounds for the past year since coming out of storage. It sometimes makes clicking sounds when on, but more often it makes noises AFTER I turn it off or put it in standby mode. It sounds like something...
  4. P

Nakamichi 480 not working

My Nakamichi 480 isn’t working, and I’m wondering how difficult the repair is. As soon as I turn it on, I hear a half second of movement, but no visual movement of the cassette. In play, I hear a motor whirring, but there’s no movement of the cassette. In reverse or fast forward, I hear a...
  5. P

Nikko STA-6060 -- Cost to Re-Cap?

Does anyone know this model? I've been using it for about a year and I think it's a great Pioneer clone, especially with an LED upgrade. But the right channel went out on it/is extremely weak. How much should it cost to replace the capacitors? Is it more difficult than just de-soldering the...
  6. P

What is this Pioneer that someone scored for $20?

164821129_10222337201852322_8555455394547017192_o by plumonium posted Mar 25, 2021 at 8:53 PM164821129_10222337201852322_8555455394547017192_o by plumonium posted Mar 25, 2021 at 8:53 PMI was the second person to respond. Ad said it sounded great. I felt bad and wanted to tell him to ask for...
  7. P

SX-300T Volume/Balance knob -- How does this work?

I have a Pioneer SX-300T and I can't understand how the combined volume/balance knob works. The knob has two rotating rings/switches, the outer for overall volume and the inner for what appears to be balance. That innermost knob is marked "Front LT" and "Rear RT". I don't know what that means...
  8. P

Identify speakers -- they just say "Model 22"

There's a nice-looking set of vintage speakers at my local thrift store that just say "Model 22" in inch size block letters on the back. I know they could be KLHs, but they look slightly different -- the wood is real and the front wood bezel is groved and not flat. The grills are non-removeable...
  9. P

Sansui 2000x -- No Stereo sound?!

My beautiful sounding and looking Sansui 2000x won't play true stereo sound? It only plays through both speakers when the mono button is pressed. When mono is off, the Reverse button simply switches the audio from one channel or the other. However, at the highest volume, there is a very...
Back
Top Bottom