Search results

1. releone71

Sorry, I'm reading now. Yes I have the boards for the output stage and the anode supply. The...

Sorry, I'm reading now. Yes I have the boards for the output stage and the anode supply. The heaters supply is from the Audiophonics store in France. And no, don't use the ECC81 because the design is an anode follower (=more gain than cathode follower but also more output Impedance). Use low...
  2. releone71

Help me choosing a pre phono and TT matching

For more or less the same cost of the Studiophono the Vista Audio Phono 2 offers more versatility. More settings as for gain (up to 70dB useful for very low output MCs like the Denon 103) and resistive load and unlimited for the capacitive load, via terminals on the circuit board where you can...
  3. releone71

Well...if that is the problem I would think the phono stage in the Fisher is very good. :) But you probably disagree, isn't it? What do you expect from a new phono stage?
  4. releone71

Strange you didn't like the Zen Phono, which is perfect for the Denon 103. Too much bright for you maybe?
  5. releone71

Cartridge Advice

As already said, the Blue Stylus with nude diamond is a great improvement over the poor bonded diamond of the Red. Better overall definition and refinement in the highs. I have both. The Bronze, which I only listened to in a store, seemed to me even more balanced, less bright but more...
  6. releone71

Cartridge Recommendations

It seems the tonearm in your Fisher is the typical mid mass Japan made arm. Well, presumably the whole turntable is Japan made, probably by CEC. Thinking of a philological matching, you have several options still available today. The first that comes to mind is the Shure M75, an all-rounder. But...
  7. releone71

Are Grado carts really this bad?

+1 for the defective stylus or wrong VTA. I own several Grados and I can say they don't lack anything. It's just the other side of the sound in the world of phono cartridges. The sound of the new models is even less dark and rounded in the high frequencies in comparison to the old ones. I...
  8. releone71

Rega Motor support change

The sorbothane pad is one of the two most effective - imho - upgrades for a Rega turntable. Mine is a 12V motor/double-sided tape Planar 3. No vibrations at all after the mod. Then I installed the special nut under the pillar of the tonearm in order to set the VTA with the largest number of...
  9. releone71

AT OC9 xsh settings

That's a problem due to Rega's client retention policy. One of the most effective upgrades you can install on a Rega turntable is the ring under the tonearm's pillar, useful to accommodate under the headshell the largest number of cartridges.
  10. releone71

AT OC9 xsh settings

Use the 60dB setting and you will obtain a x1000 gain, 0.4mV---->0.4V. For a 1 full Volt you need 68dB gain.
  11. releone71

I Killed My DL-110 !!! recommendation?

If you check the A. Mart, you will find two ads regarding 110s for a good price. Low hours back up cartridge they say.
  12. releone71

Denon DL103R versus Audio Technica AT-OC9XEB

I'd go for an AT-OC9XEN for a bigger improvement. EN=elliptical nude diamond vs. EB=elliptical bonded. More detail and smoothness at the same time, especially at high frequencies.
  13. releone71

Best high output MC cartridge for Pioneer-PL-570

A DV10x5 and a DV20x2H. I find the first easier to handle because it's lightweight in comparison to the other. Plastic body vs. metal body. Two grams difference only but in my tonearm I have to push the counterweight way far from the pivot with the DV20. While, if I install the additional...
  14. releone71

My preference is for the smooth Dynavector, to tell the truth. :D Between Sumiko and Hana I have a little preference for the Hana, which I find more balanced. The Sumiko is exceptionally extended and detailed but sometimes I find it too much "icy". Be aware I use it with a Japan made direct...
  15. releone71

You have several options, no problem with the tonearm in the PL-570. It depends also on the sound you want to obtain. Talking about the cartridges I own, I'd say that Sumiko BPS and Hana EH (or SH) are more on the bright side: brilliant, airy, detailed. On the other side I'd put Dynavectors...
  16. releone71

Question on MC cartridge

It's a mistery. I've checked the specs of the Thaedra. They say 70bB gain in MC, which is perfect for a low output cartridge like the 103. The Zen Phono I use has 72dB gain. Anyway, I've seen some picture of the Thaedra's back with a note regarding the head amp gain. Maybe a jumper inside the...
  17. releone71

New budget cartridge

I was only kidding about the fact that they are probably made by Excel Audio. They are made in Japan, that's for sure.
  18. releone71

New budget cartridge

The "Vexcel" ;) must be an interesting cheap cartridge. Anyway the OP is European.
  19. releone71

New budget cartridge

VMN530EN is exactly what I was thinking of. It's a good nude elliptical.
  20. releone71

New budget cartridge

Spare styli for the AT100 are still available in Europe. When they won't be available anymore, it will be possible to upgrade to one of the superior models from the VM5xx series.
  21. releone71

Phono Stage

Too much for the 48dB input in my system, but I have a Red and a Blue. Ortofon declares 5mV for the Bronze and the Black. Maybe that half millivolt is the discriminating factor for a perfect match.
  22. releone71

New budget cartridge

Two different sounds. Moreover the MP-100 has a conical stylus, while the AT-100 has an elliptical one and is more compliant. Audio Technica is the closest to your idea of sound.
  23. releone71

New budget cartridge

Such a coincidence...the Ortofon 2M I posted above is installed on a Sony 6750. Just a (fake) Technics headshell and a strip of cork to level it perfectly.
  24. releone71

New budget cartridge

You have to shim partially not the entire top of the cartridge, so that you angle it and correct the parallelism of the cartridge over the record's surface. Talking about small issues, obviously.
  25. releone71

New budget cartridge

Not in Europe unfortunately. I'd like to try the basic A3se.
Back
Top Bottom