Search results

1. cerondipity

Starting Over- How would you do it if...

Another question- if I got any pre-amp with a pass through like the XSP-1, and kept a universal player like Oppo, would I even need a Home theater reciever or processor? Would amps alone work in conjunction with the 5.1/7.1 player + preamp? Or does it need the volume control over 5/7 speakers...
  2. cerondipity

Thanks for the recommendations HiFiThor- I will look into the Emotiva. For tt I have a Merrill Heirloom based on the AR-XA! And I agree there is no such thing as over-powered, only under-powered!
  3. cerondipity

We can always agree on quality...any specific advise within my budget- new or used? Thanks!
  4. cerondipity

Still listening

Still listening
  5. cerondipity

First had problems with the speakers I built (over ten years ago). Then amps, preamps, cd/sacd/blu ray player, cartridges, turntable; you know the drill and now my hearing has taken a rapid tinnitus decline!! But I love the hobby and will not give up so whatever advise I can get would be...
  6. cerondipity

Owner Experiences? Carver M-1.0t M1.0t Power Amplifier Amp

Ditto- I had a pair of 1.5t's and liked them- neutral, powerful, decently detailed albeit a bit rounded off at the high end- part of the famous "t" modification. Good value & better sounding than most of the monster receivers & integrated amps put out at the time and even challenged some...
  7. cerondipity

What is the difference between the Eight and Eight Deluxe??

That pretty much clears up the differences! Many thanks!!:yes:
  8. cerondipity

What is the difference between the Eight and Eight Deluxe??

I know it has been discussed somewhere on the forum but my searches have not turned up the differences. I know the Eight sells at a discount to the Eight Deluxe which is generally more sought after. I know the later model Eight's share the Deluxe model's soft on/off speaker relay. Any...
  9. cerondipity

Your fav vintage receiver under $300 (now)

Wrap up! 2nd receiver purchased! $135.90 shipped!! The budget Marantz 2230 and Sony STR-6050 were both on my radar and in budget. But I could not resist the potential build quality and versatility of the old Heathkit AR-1500. The 2nd I purchased today carried an aluminum tag underneath...
  10. cerondipity

Many thanks for your excellent and thoughtful review:yes: I will look into these further.....:scratch2: Interestingly one popular and sonically regarded vintage receiver 'built like a tank' is yet to be mentioned...I wonder why?
  11. cerondipity

Looks like the Marantz 2230/2238B or Yamaha's Cr series gets the most votes! Thanks for all the reply's- I will get back when I have another receiver on the way for comparison. We will do a shoot out after they are set up :scratch2:; then I'll package one up for re-sale!!:yes:
  12. cerondipity

Just picked off an excellent cosmetic/electrically excellent/refurbished (new lights and cleaning/tested) for $275.50 off Flea Bay!! Sweet!!!:banana: Make that $227.50 + $35.57 shipping/Total 263.07!
  13. cerondipity

Second endorsement for the Yamaha's!! They are well regarded, with perhaps even a better build than the 'budget' but still quality Marantz receivers. Actually this is close to my reasoning but I need even less power and like the earlier model CR 800 better (just from old reviews). Just...
  14. cerondipity

Another budget Marantz! Third endorsement!! Thanks!!!:thmbsp:
  15. cerondipity

Good Calls! Top two look like contenders!!:thmbsp:
  16. cerondipity

all nice units- and the prices will probably be well over the $300 budget!!!:no:
  17. cerondipity

good call- a legitimate contender!!:thmbsp:
  18. cerondipity

Those are running $600-$800 on flea bay!:drool:
  19. cerondipity

I am torn between two vintage receivers to buy as back-ups to my regular system. For some reason I rarely can go more than a year without something needing to go to the shop- but most of my stuff is over 25 years old. So a well built reliable receiver makes sense- it takes care of amp...
  20. cerondipity

Wow, radio is getting crappy, is nothing sacred

Technology has passed up fm. For every one that cares about fidelity there are twenty who don't.
Back
Top Bottom