Search results

1. A

Molex plug

http://nl.mouser.com:80/Molex/Interconnects/Rectangular-Connectors/Headers-Wire-Housings/_/N-7auntZ1z0zlew?P=1yzv7x1Z1z0wxp6Z1z0wxp0Z1z0wxp7
  2. A

AU-4900 crackling noise

The volume pot was replaced as well.
  3. A

AU-4900 crackling noise

Hello, I'm having problem with AU-4900 that I've recapped few months ago. I've also replaced the relay with a new one and (as suggested here) the 8 10D2 diodes with 4 BYW56 and all VD1212 with 1N4148. Everything was fine until now. Every time I power the amp on I hear this crackling noise...
  4. A

AU-517 vs AU-719 - a post-recap comparison

About the AU-719 NOS driver boards. I bought them some time ago and also noticed the differences. As it turned out it's not a mistake, Sansui changed them for a reason. Steph (steph_tsf), a guy from diyAudio forum was kind to explain it to me. "The AU-719 schematic is a beauty, conceived in...
  5. A

Sansui AU-719 buzzing

Thanks for the info. Few months ago I've recapped my AU-719 and trusting the screening made the same mistake. I don't use the preamp so I haven't noticed anything wrong yet. The cap looks OK but the question is could it do some harm to the preamp.
  6. A

AU-9500 Popping Loudly

KSC1815 / KSA1015 are even closer. 60V, 150mA, hFE 120-240 (Y) and 200-400 (GR). 2SC1313 and 2SA726 are BCE while KSC1815/KSA1015 ECB.
  7. A

AU-719 DC offset problem after recapping

I was afraid it could be uPA68H. It is still (VERY slowly) raising. Thanks for the link. Are they genuine NEC?
  8. A

AU-719 DC offset problem after recapping

I've just recapped the amp. On the driver boards all resistors bigger than 1/2 W, trimmers and zeners were also replaced. There was no problem with setting the bias, but there is something odd with DC offset. The measurement was done with lid on. The left channel starts (from cold) at -10 mV...
  9. A

C1364 npn substitute??

Fairchild's KSC815Y is almost perfect replacement. The only problem could be Vceo. 2SC1364 is rated 50V, KSC815 only 45. addr
  10. A

AU-719 driver boards differences

I was able to get the original driver boards (NOS) and found it a good idea to have them in case something went wrong. Instead of looking for parts it would be much easier for me to replace the whole board. Anyway, I'm in a process of recapping the amp and could compare the boards with the ones...
  11. A

AU-719 problem, recapping, suggestions

"they are the gray/bluish ones which stand up off the board and have like an S bend in their legs" - I see 10 of these on each driver board. Could you tell which ones? Kevzep suggested to replace them with 1/4 watt metal film.
  12. A

Thanks a lot. All the pots and switches were already cleaned some weeks ago and the volume pot was replaced with NOS one. All caps on the NOS driver boards will be replaced. According to the service manual there are no fusible resistors in AU-719. But it would be no problem to put the...
  13. A

Hi, The amp starts to show some problems. The left channel is week or silent for the first one minute and then comes to its normal strength. It seems it's time for restoration. This is what I am planning to do: 1. replace the driver boards with original NOS ones (with new caps). 2. I...
  14. A

Replacing volume pot with one without the loudness tap

Recently I had the same problem with AU-719. Cleaning did help but after some time the problems (cracking noise) were back. I was lucky to find exactly the same pot with 4 taps (NOS). And believe me it was simply a revelation. I didn't even expect such an improvement. It seems that after 30...
  15. A

Replacing volume pot with one without the loudness tap

Hi, I have to replace the volume potentiometer in AU-4900. Cleaning the old one didn't help and I could only find one without the loudness tap. Should I just leave the wire from loudness part disconnected or ... ? Thanks in advance. Andrzej
  16. A

Rectifier diodes in AU-4900

Thanks Stene. I could only find MY4-02 DC24 (Mouser). Is it the same?
  17. A

Loaded. It's actually 1.5V at the moment. Only the diodes were changed so it has to be them, but how? The only difference, except the current, is Vr from 200V (the old) to 1000V.
  18. A

As suggested here, I've replaced the 8 10D2 diodes with 4 BYW56. The 10D2 is 1A, 200Vr (peak revers voltage), BYW56 is 2A, 1000Vr. It seems to work but I measure +- 36.2V, was +35V and -32V, should be +-35V. Is the difference of 1.2V something to worry about or is it OK? I don't know why but...
  19. A

AU-719 in protection mode, where do I start?

According to the service manual there are no fuse resistors in AU-719. Or am I wrong? Andrzej
  20. A

2SD188A 2SB545A replacement

Thanks again. When looking for a replacement it's hard to find a perfect match. Could you explain to an "ignorant" what is really important to get as close as possible. It's from The Japanese Transistor Manual 1981. And there is also Transistor Substitution Data Book 1993...
  21. A

Thanks. It's actually 2SC1951 (1,2). This is all I could find.
  22. A

They are on driver board, see the attachment. I think TO-92.
  23. A

Thanks LBPete. Any ideas about 2SC711E and 2SC1951 replacement?
  24. A

Hello, I am trying to find a replacement for 2SD188a/2SB545A in AU-4900. Didn't expect that it would be so difficult. Eventually I found this link: http://nte01.nteinc.com/nte/NTExRefSemiProd.nsf/$$Search?OpenForm They have a replacement for every transistor I need. It seems too good to...
Back
Top Bottom