Search results

1. I

Enter the Giant Slayer - Andrew Jones Pioneer Speakers

I have used my BS-41s for near field listening for many years. I enjoy them quite a bit. I like the build quantity at this price level and the neutral (to me) SQ.
  2. I

Is Squeezebox Radio dead?

Thank you! Looking forward to trying it.
  3. I

Hi: Thank you. I have two different situations. Initially I was inquiring about my 2 bedside Squeezebox Radios. I have convinced myself that for listening to internet radio and podcasts a WiiM Mini will meet my needs for the SBRS. I don’t need to inquire about this any further. However, I...
  4. I

Thank you.
  5. I

What advantage do you get using LMS? Why isn’t WiiM Pro to DAC to preamp to amp sufficient?
  6. I

Thank you. I read about that. While it might be fun to build a Raspberry Pi and then hopefully set it up, I suspect that would be beyond my limited capabilities. I am trying to ascertain whether that would give me anything more than the WiiM Mini to SBR would.
  7. I

So apparently I need to be running my PC full time to make this radio useful with LMS. I don't intend to do this. I think that I will simplify things with a WiiM Mini. I run two Wiim Pros in two systems with external DACs and one WiiM Pro Plus in a third with no external DAC. I like them. My...
  8. I

Do you also need to be running Logitech Media Server at the same time? Is there a comparable app for iOS? I am wondering whether I need to be running both my SBR and my PC on which LMS is installed as well as a controller ap.
  9. I

But will you still be able to do so when the Squeezebox app is disabled later this month?
  10. I

I am a longtime internet radio fan. I love self-contained internet radios on which I can listen to internet stations or podcasts. In the past I have owned C. Crane and Grace Digital internet radios. They are long gone (became defective), but I have held on to my 2 Logitech Squeezebox radios even...
  11. I

Audio Stores in the 70's

I bought my Dynaco A25XLs at Stereo Discounters in Cherry Hill, NJ. I have always regretted donating them to GW. Bought a Tivoli Audio radio from Harvey Audio in Paramus, NJ. Still have it.
  12. I

Today's classical playlist

By coincidence I picked up the CD of this recording at GW yesterday. Love Shumsky and as a former member loved Musical Heritage Society. Picked up 3 other MHS discs also. Will be listening today.
  13. I

Help with Sangean Radio Repair

Thank you. Will try it.
  14. I

Was not familiar with the term "AM DXing". However, I did it often. E.g. when I was a little boy in Newark, NJ I would love to listen to baseball games from other markets. I frequently listened to KMOX in St. Louis.
  15. I

Thank you. Will try this. Also, as an FYI to others, I was able to fix the display issues. I followed a suggestion on the internet, utilizing a hair dryer and a pencil eraser. Before I had only pieces of digits on the display, and it was illegible. Now it is fully restored. I have no idea how...
  16. I

Thank you. Lesson learned. You would have thought that I would know this by my age (77). I will disassemble again, taking pictures and then holding the white wire to see if reception changes. Did not appear to have voltage when I touched it before.
  17. I

Thank you. Good advice. Will do in so the future. But didn’t disconnect telescopic antenna.
  18. I

I like this Sangean radio quite a bit. However the display stopped working. I was able to fix this issue by disassembling it and following a procedure shown on the internet. However, when reassembling it I noticed that a white wire with a small, round connector had come loose. I have no idea...
  19. I

What does your gear say about your personality?

I am older and dustier! I accept this challenge.
  20. I

Looking for a 12" tall or shorter true bookshelf speaker

Does that recommendation also apply to the 2.1 version?
  21. I

Looking for a 12" tall or shorter true bookshelf speaker

Hi All: I am looking to upgrade a pair of bookshelf speakers. This is for my family room and unfortunately I am limited to actually mounting them on my bookshelves, which bookshelves are very sturdy and about 15" deep. However, the speakers must not be more than 12" high. I listen primarily to...
  22. I

Help with Celestion 3 Recap for the Ignorant

Than you. Will do. But can tell what the capacitance is?
  23. I

Human 81 speakers (EPI 100?)

Those tweeters sure look to me like the ones in my 100Vs. I wonder if they sound different from my rebuilt Masonite ones. The domes look the same to me.
  24. I

Human 81 speakers (EPI 100?)

Yes. My woofers are from Huw.
  25. I

Help with Celestion 3 Recap for the Ignorant

I am planning to recap two sets of speakers that I acquired new the 90s. One set is Signet SL-260 B/U. They appear complicated and I wish to get the first pair, Celestion 3s out of the way first. These appear simple. But can someone tell me what capacitors and resistors I need, and where I...
Back
Top Bottom