Search results

1. highend64

Back to bookshelf. What do you recommend?

Hi all. I am deciding to go back to bookshelf speakers but still wanting the same tonal, balance sound as the Vandersteen 2ci. I currrently using an Adcom GFA5500 and a Rotel RC-995 running off a Thinkpad through a Focusrite 2i2. Honestly, there is nothing wrong with the 2ci which I am planning...
  2. highend64

Another sub change, REL Q201E

I am in the process of purchasing a REL Q201E to replace my HSU STF-2 that would be integrate with the Vandersteen 2ci. I know the REL is much older model then the HSU and that this is a sealed model. What are you thought on this sub? Thanks
  3. highend64

Class H design and it sound

I have been reading alot about oprating class of amplifiers lately. Currently I have an Adcom GFA-5500 but I am in the verge of trying out the Emotiva RPA-1 amplifier. I have read that this amp is ran Class H and that is is dual mono design. Anyone has experience with Class H and how does it sound?
  4. highend64

Emotiva RPA-1

There is a seller near me with a Emotiva RPA-1 amplifier that I am interested in trying out. How is does compare to my Adcom GFA-5500?
  5. highend64

SVS subwoofer model difference

I have been wanting to try out SVS sub for a while. I have a small room and really shooting for quality then output so I am sticking with sealed sub. SVS has three models for a sealed class in with different prices. I want to try out the SB-1000 pro to see how it would work out. Is there really...
  6. highend64

A nice tool I forgot I had

As I was cleaning, I found a tool I forgot I had. I started using this way back when I started my hifi journey.
  7. highend64

Laptop as source make a difference before DAC?

As the question imply, does the laptop encode digital signal through USB to a DAC have in impact how it sound before it reach the DAC to be converted? I am using a Lenovo ThinkPad with audio files converted to WAV form.
  8. highend64

Adcom GFA 5500 noise issue

I recently been noticing a crackling, static sound coming from the speakers similar like a dirty volume pot when adjusted. This only happens intermittent and I think when there is no signal. I have been leaving my components on all the time but since the noise, I have been turning my Adcom amp...
  9. highend64

Tube preamp for Adcom amp

I have been wanting to try a tube preamp in my system for some time but never had a chance. I recently got an Adcom GFA-5500 amplifier powering Vandersteen 2ci speakers and was wondering what would be a good match with the 5500?
  10. highend64

Topping a30 pro

I am planning on getting the Topping a30 pro for my headphones. I would be using the Modi 2 Uber DAC with it for a headphone setup. Has anyone have any experience with the model?
  11. highend64

Adcom amp question

I recently purchase a near mint Adcom GFA-5500 amplifier. I have been researching this model and what I notice is that some models have the IEC cord and some are hard wired. Is this true with this model?
  12. highend64

Adcom GFA-5500

I am about to purchase an Adcom GFA-5500 to replace a BK ST2140(which I dont have anymore). Currently I am without an amp but that is ok since I have been really busy and do have time to listen to my system. I will be getting it sometime this week. One of my questions is would it be a good idea...
  13. highend64

McCormack MAP-1

I am thinking about getting the MeCormack MAP-1 preamplifier to replace my Rotel RC-995. What are your thought on the MAP-1? It will be driving a B&K ST2140 amp. What I read is that this is a multi ch pre. Thanks for the help.
  14. highend64

ADS MS3/u subwoofer

Hi, does any have any experience using the ADS MS3/u subwoofer and how does it sound compare with HSU STF-2 or any within the price? I have one near me. Thanks
  15. highend64

NHT SuperOne ot Epos ELS3

I have the opportunity to get the NHT SuperOne or the Epos ELS3 bookshelf speakers at a great price. Which one would you recommend for use with a B&K ST2140 amp?
  16. highend64

Connection issues with Schiit Audio DAC

Hi, I been having issue with my Modi 2 Uber using the USB connection lately. This is my second DAC from Schiit Audio that had USB connection issues. The first one was a Modi and now currently Modi 2 Uber. I have replace 3 different cables and the issue persist. I dont know how common is this...
  17. highend64

Truaudio Model CS-12 subwoofer

Hi I want to acquire A Truaudio CS-12 sub to try out but was just wondering if anyone recommend this sub? It is pretty much has the basic functions but how does it sound for music only system? This is a front slot port model.
  18. highend64

Leaving amplifier on all the time ok?

Some amplifiers that are high current, Class A operation and tube amp might be a problem if you are worried about energy cost not mention heat dissipation. As a reliable stand point, would this extend the life of the components if we leave the amp on all the time? I am aware that there is...
  19. highend64

Revel Concerta B120 sub

Hi, what are your thoughts on the Revel Concerta B120 For music only? I was planning on getting a SVS SB-1000pro to replace the HSU STF-2 but how does the Revel compare with the SVS or anything equivalent? Thanks
  20. highend64

Is using a HPF for Vandersteen 2ci a good idea?

Currently I have the Vandersteen 2ci in a small room and with various measurements their seem to have a peak at around 60 hz with and without a sub. Honestly the 2ci sound great with and without a sub but sometimes if the notes hit near that frequency at the right level, it would annoying. I put...
  21. highend64

Good information on House Curve response

I have been reading on some good information on house curve response in a audio system. I my system, I feel that the response of my system has that sound like a house curve. https://www.css-audio.com/single-post/2017/11/22/what-is-a-house-curve-and-do-you-need-one What I have understand is a...
  22. highend64

PMC DB1+ speakers

Hi, what are your thoughts on the PMC DB1+ speakers? What I read is that thses are bookshelf speakers with a transmission line design.
  23. highend64

Another acoustic panel question

There is a person near me with a bunch of acoustic panels with different sizes and colors that I can pass up for the price. He has a alot of 24"x24" and 24"x48" but most of them are 1/2" thick and some almost 2". I am interested in getting couple of the squares and the rectangle one for my...
  24. highend64

ML Preface speakers

Hi, what are your opinion on the ML Preface speakers? Currently have the Vandersteen 2ci and they sound great but I have the opportunity to get the Preface.
  25. highend64

Unexpecting situation

So recently I sold a pair of Energy Veritas speakers to buyer who traveled about 3 hours to me to audition the speakers. I made him aware that one of the bass drivers is damaged and had some cosmetic issue but other then that, everything was in working condition. He was ok with that so we plan...
Back
Top Bottom