Search results

1. sparky1116

Holy moley, where do I begin?

It'll be all worth it when that thing is cleaned up and running perfectly. I can't lie, I like the cleaning part.
  2. sparky1116

First post ,one question

Nice! I've previously had no idea how many companies manufacture tonearms. Seems there were a lot.
  3. sparky1116

First post ,one question

I don't know what it is either, but it looks cool as hell. Love the anti-skate adjustment. There's something on Vinyl Engine that says these turntables (JH Reproducers) were a kit turntable made in Australia. Several tonearms were possible, from the review "Generally the tone arms were very...
  4. sparky1116

Which turntable to upgrade (or even possible)

You have plenty of turntables now. I don't really know about the rest (I've had a Pioneer PL for a bit, it was fine), but the Technics you have is certainly a solid enough direct drive. It will allow you to hear whatever cartridge you put on it. There will always be better, but there's a...
  5. sparky1116

New to me TT Mystery Cartridge/headshell

Well I've been enjoying the heck out of this cartridge, even with the old stylus still in place. New one is on the way, can't wait. Ordered a couple of other styli to fill out some other orphan cartridges, so arrival should be alot of fun. Sound of this Empire 345e is clean, detailed, but not...
  6. sparky1116

Order is in!
  7. sparky1116

I had another look at the cartridge and headshell last night. Unfortunately it is most certainly glued in. Not likely by a professional. I picked a chunk of 40-year-old squeeze-out from between the head-shell and the front slope of the cartridge, that I previously thought was just dirt. Some...
  8. sparky1116

Would it? Might not show very well there, but the ridge vertically on the nose of the cart seems exact.
  9. sparky1116

I'm starting to get that, wuala. Good grief. I found another cartridge that seems close to mine, the Empire 345e. It accepts a 247-DE as well. I don't think mine has that ridge vertically on the nose though. Well, with $32 shipping to Canada from VoM, I might as well check the drawer and...
  10. sparky1116

Any thoughts on the Nagaoka connection, do you think that's plausible?
  11. sparky1116

Sorry, the link above is yet another thread I stumbled upon. The link that I meant to leave was this: http://audiotools.com/oldcart.html
  12. sparky1116

Thank you for your excellent direction to this rabbit hole, wualta! So, Osawa seems to be about the closest we have; I found "Another Mystery Cartridge" thread here on AK. That provides a link to a vinyl engine page, http://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/viewtopic.php?t=30352 , which...
  13. sparky1116

Yes it is indeed magnetic! Were I to seek a brand new stylus on the normal retail market; would I have much chance? Here's a profile of the cartridge/headshell with the yoke removed. They seem to be fairly neatly adhered:
  14. sparky1116

Very cool, thank you for that wualta. That's almost certainly the headshell. Here's some additional pictures that hopefully id the cartridge! In the last picture, the circular bit feels like carbon/alloy. If it's a magnet (i didn't check but it feels like one) there's no corresponding plate...
  15. sparky1116

Ortofon OM15 - next level options?

I know only the OM5 and the OM20, upgraded as you are thinking. If you can swing the OM20 replacement stylus go for it. You won't regret it. It remains my everyday, and I consider it the best I have.
  16. sparky1116

Hi all, I just picked up a 1978 Technics SL-3300 turntable for my daughter. After some cleaning and minor repairs over the weekend, it's a winner, now bearing a Shure M91ED with JICO SAS stylus. Sounds great. However, the cartridge/headshell that came on the turntable is a mystery. I...
  17. sparky1116

Disconnect Car Speaker

So, I've since spent several hours in the car over the last couple of weeks. The center speaker remains removed and un-replaced. Major improvement in sound. I can hear the subwoofer in the back of the car now, and the bass is quite good. General improvement in clarity, and of course the...
  18. sparky1116

Disconnect Car Speaker

That seems to be what it is. I've seen a number of people in the forums that I don't frequent complaining that it compromises the overall sound, by blending the stereo signals. It makes sense to me, now knowing better that that center speaker seems to have been the dominant sound reaching my...
  19. sparky1116

Disconnect Car Speaker

Thanks everyone for your help! I'll leave it as is for this week. I'll be doing a great deal of driving over the next three days, that should give it a test. I did have to get the bad speaker out of the circuit, it was giving me headaches, even at lowish volumes. Not to mention it sounded...
  20. sparky1116

Disconnect Car Speaker

I have a 2012 Kia Soul with lots of speakers, original from the factory. I've blown the center speaker, on the dash. It had a rough life. It's poor quality, 4", and I understand it to be 2 ohm impedance, 40 watts (I think peak). I've considered replacing it, and I might still. However, I've...
  21. sparky1116

Linn Highland Park

Apparently searching "linn highland park" didn't reveal it. Apologies.
  22. sparky1116

Linn Highland Park

Anyone seen this yet? http://www.linn.co.uk/all-products/turntables/limited-edition-sondek-lp12 :drool:
  23. sparky1116

Greetings!!!

Welcome!
  24. sparky1116

Dumping Google

You're probably experiencing a bunch of undesired menu bars on your browser (which I hate too.) Just go to options and uncheck the menu bars, if you're using Firefox.... likely similar in IE. FWIW, I don't think that Google is any more the devil than any other search engine. They all collect...
  25. sparky1116

Does this stylus look 'right' to you?

The reason they want it back is simple accounting, and the probability that they would in turn seek refund from their supplier or the manufacturer for a clearly defective part. It does look like the seller has tried to do right by you, however I certainly get where you're coming from on your...
Back
Top Bottom