Search results

1. T

Ortofon stylus recommendation

In terms of "bang for the buck" I think that the Analogis Black Diamond replacements are hard to beat. The quality is probably a bit below an original Stylus 20, but the price is FAR below. At the very least I would not look to the Stylus 10 if I needed a second stylus for 'dirty' records.
  2. T

Cartridge suddenly sounds muffled ?

The first two questions regarding the cart I would ask myself would be: 1. Is the tip still there? 2. Does the suspension still suspend as expected?
  3. T

Low-Mid Tier Phono Cartridge Advice?

They will both work. You can even have both in a headshell integrated version that will slide right onto the arm, although the Nagaoka is simply the ordinary cart mounted on a headshell. The generator for the Ortofon was originally developed for the ultra low-mass Concorde range in 1978/79. The...
  4. T

Low-Mid Tier Phono Cartridge Advice?

Since no-one else has done so, I will suggest the Goldring G1042. It is a classic match for medium mass tonearms.
  5. T

Is an Ortofon 2M Blue overkill for a Marantz 6100?

I am not a fan of Ortofons MM carts. They sound very lean to me - much like CD. I would personalet go for a Moving Iron design from Nagaoka, Grado, Goldring or the like.
  6. T

Cartridge upgrade advice needed

You will get a fuller sound from the Nagaoka and most likely the Goldring too. Both are Moving Iron carts, and to me they sound better than most plain MMs, Ortofons in particular.
  7. T

Identify this Cartridge?

If the is i correct, you may find a replacement here: https://www.dacapoaudio.com/3072-Ortofon-N-15-S-styli.html
  8. T

Denon DP80 & DP75 Owner's Thread

Thanks
  9. T

Denon DP80 & DP75 Owner's Thread

Is that 1.564" or 1.564cm?
  10. T

Victor UA-7045 tonearm mounting hole diameter?

Can someone tell me the necessary diameter for the Victor UA-7045 or UA-7082?
  11. T

What TT's do you folks have

Unfortunately, I never had an original stylus. I find some joy in your reports that the SAS needles are comparable or even better. Thank you for that :)
  12. T

analog vs digital

As I said, I use an Accuphase DC-91. That hardly qualifies as a cheap DAC. I also explained that my phono equalizer is digital and feeds my DAC directly. So BOTH vinyl and digital sources are played back digitally via my DAC. Even in this scenario I experience a fullness and 'rightness' from...
  13. T

analog vs digital

Copying myself from another thread: I use an Accuphase Dc-91. I also recently replaced my phono preamp with a Parks Audio Puffin DSP based solution. The Puffin feeds directly into my Dc-91, so the vinyl chain is now digital, and still I find vinyl vastly superior to most digital source...
  14. T

Trying to like the sound of my DAC

I use an Accuphase Dc-91. I also recently replaced my phono preamp with a Parks Audio Puffin DSP based solution. The Puffin feeds directly into my Dc-91, so the vinyl chain is now digital, and still I find vinyl vastly superior to most digital source material. I am really starting to feel that...
  15. T

What TT's do you folks have

I har been swapping back and forth between a Pioneer pl-l1000 and a Kenwood kd-990 for years now. I am a fan of the linear tracking idea, but have recently had to admit that the kd-990 is the better table for me. It is a marvelous DD table and since adding Technics epc-205c MK III to it I have...
  16. T

TT recommendation for a beginner

As a beginner I would definetely go for one of the Audio Technicas. They can be expected to simply work, and do not require much in terms of 'fiddling'. Whatever you do, a beginner turntable will either have a limited lifespan, or prove that you are not likely to become a true entusiast. Either...
  17. T

Replacement Stylus Recommendations for a Technics P205C Mk 3

I can report that the Jico SAS B stylus adheres to the T4P standard when IT comes to tracking force. It sounds fantastic om my EPC-205C MK III. If you want to practice the 3d printing, just get one, or a couple, of the cheap spherical replacements. I got my SAS from DaCapo Audio...
  18. T

680EL MKII vs D680

Cool. Let us know if it is any good...
  19. T

680EL MKII vs D680

Why not go for a good aftermarket replacement? https://www.dacapoaudio.com/stanton-replacement-styli/1382-Stanton-D-680-styli.html
  20. T

EPC205mk3 review

What is the part number of your replacement?
  21. T

Technics EPC-205C mk III

That thread is not of much use to me. It is mostly about refurbishing an existing stylus. I have no stylus to refurbish, so..
  22. T

Technics EPC-205C mk III

I think I am below average in search skills for an AKer - at least I do not easily find the thread in question :(
  23. T

Technics EPC-205C mk III

I have acquired a Technics EPC-205C mk III on eBay. It is the version with integrated SME mount, and it came without stylus. Now I am looking for a good replacement - one the will bring me decently close to the original sound. Does anyone have experience that they want to share? Jico could be...
  24. T

Pioneer PL-L1000 Rubber Mat Specs

D Thank you for the tips. Clearly a clamp may be another path to balance, if the mat itself is not enough.
Back
Top Bottom