Search results

1. drsiebling

MC2105 - Knob “Upgrade”

I’ve seen some pretty crazy prices, for sure... these knobs were just the right price to make me hit the buy it now button...
  2. drsiebling

MC2105 - Knob “Upgrade”

That’s a shame - you could always hit them with some 0000 steel wool to take the finish off and polish what’s underneath...
  3. drsiebling

MC2105 - Knob “Upgrade”

i just got lucky in finding a set on eBay. Are all of the knobs pitted?
  4. drsiebling

MC2105 - Knob “Upgrade”

I actually just ordered some square aluminum stock to experiment with that look. I’ll have to check to see what Larry has to offer - might be a lot easier to just go that route! I did do the LED upgrade - I found a drop-in replacement kit on the bay - very inexpensive and it works really well!
  5. drsiebling

MC2105 - Knob “Upgrade”

“Shelter in place” has caused me to start pursuing some odd projects. Case in point: I was curious how my MC2105 would look with the more modern McIntosh knobs. As luck would have it, I found an eBay listing for a set of MR78 knobs and pulled the trigger to give them a try... here are the...
  6. drsiebling

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

I upgraded it to LEDs a few years ago. There’s a seller on fleabay selling upgrade kits and they are drop in replacements for all of the lamps.
  7. drsiebling

C2600 Tube Rolling

Im not sure what the controversy is. The closest dealer to me is one that I just wont do business with. They aren’t big on customer service and are just plain unfriendly. What could possibly be wrong with visiting a dealer in person, buying a McIntosh product and paying to have it shipped, so...
  8. drsiebling

C2600 Tube Rolling

I bought the C2600 new from AC. I visited their shop in person and had the 2600 shipped to my home.
  9. drsiebling

C2600 Tube Rolling

Twiiii would seem to disagree with you. Not only does he think the 2105 is garbage that can’t put out a clean signal above 8khz, he assumes that using a set of some of the finest tubes ever made will reduce my c2600 to a pile of junk that makes a sine wave look and sound like white noise.
  10. drsiebling

C2600 Tube Rolling

So, you’re so sure that I didn’t test the c2600 after installing my NOS tubes? You don’t think that the fact that McIntosh installed the wrong tube in the output of the c2600 would have created an issue? Probably worth mentioning that 4 out of the 6 12AX7s that were factory installed in my...
  11. drsiebling

C2600 Tube Rolling

the fact that my 2105 is lacking Power Guard hasn’t ever been a concern for me. I also agree that the 2105 is a shining example of Mac at its finest. I’ve been through a pretty decent selection of amps since I acquired my 2105 13 years ago - none has replaced it. Here’s a list of what has...
  12. drsiebling

C2600 Tube Rolling

And that is precisely what has me so interested. The specs of the 462 are stunning!
  13. drsiebling

C2600 Tube Rolling

Ive had my set of Mullard 10M tubes in my c2600 for a few days and the improvements are massive.
  14. drsiebling

C2600 Tube Rolling

That’s a very interesting thing - I’ve got quite a bit of MC462-envy and have been considering buying one. The idea behind that being that I’m sure my B&W 804D2s would appreciate the additional headroom that the 462 could provide, and because I’m very curious about the whole quad balanced...
  15. drsiebling

C2600 Tube Rolling

I’ll definitely give that a try! interestingly, when I got the c2600 and reported here that I felt it sounded a bit harsh, the response I got was that it was revealing deficiencies in my MC2105 and that’s what I was hearing as being “harsh.” well, now that I’ve discovered that I had the wrong...
  16. drsiebling

C2600 Tube Rolling

Something strange cropped up while I was retubing my c2600... somehow, I had a 12AX7 in the output tube socket where the 12AT7 should have been... it was a standard McIntosh branded 12AX7A. Very strange!
  17. drsiebling

C2600 Tube Rolling

I’ve accomplished sufficient break-in time of the stock McIntosh tubes, so I’m going to give my collection of NOS Mullard 10M Master Series tubes a shot in my c2600. Should be interesting!
  18. drsiebling

Best New McIntosh Amp for My System

if I’m reading the manual correctly, it looks like it’s either balanced or unbalanced and not a combination of both...
  19. drsiebling

Here’s an oddball question: on the MC462, if I’m running balanced connections from my C2600 into the amp, can I use the RCA outputs on the 462 to run to my sub? Or, will only the balanced outputs be active?
  20. drsiebling

I would definitely be buying from Audio Classics. That was sort of my thought process on the MC462 - it’s basically future proof. No matter where I end up on the speaker side of things, it’s an amp that can power just about anything. I guess there’s always some risk in pairing such a powerful...
  21. drsiebling

That’s certainly a possibility!
  22. drsiebling

and that’s the real trick - finding a Mac dealer that will actually let me demo the amp in my system. There are quite a few dealers in the Dallas area, but none that will allow something like that, sadly.
  23. drsiebling

let’s just say, hypothetically, that the price differential between a lightly used 452 and a lightly used 462 was about $1200?
  24. drsiebling

Perhaps I’m a little swayed by the whole “quad balanced” thing - it’s definitely something I want to experience. Perhaps unnecessarily, I’m actually leaning towards the MC462. The price differential between the 462 and the 452 is so small, I can’t see buying the older model...
  25. drsiebling

The time has come to purchase a new McIntosh amplifier for my main system. No complaints at all with regard to my MC2105 - but it’s being moved into a second system, along with my C41. Now that I’ve upgraded the main system with the C2600, something new is on the horizon, where amplification is...
Back
Top Bottom