Search results

1. O

Infinity Kappa 400 tower speakers?

Why? You should post your experiences good or bad!
  2. O

Yamaha MX-1 vs MX-1000 Desirability

My point was that there are $200,000 600lb amazing amps and I see so many people claiming $1000 amps as the "best ever made". You're right, some of the "top 10 most beautiful women" listed are at best librarians.
  3. O

Pioneer VSX-9500S

First thing to check is speaker wiring to make sure of no shorts. Disconnect all speakers and see if problem still persists. Then I would have a different service guy see if the first one did some shoddy work.
  4. O

Yamaha MX-1 vs MX-1000 Desirability

The MX 1000 was thought to be the best amp? Best for what? Best sound quality regardless of price?
  5. O

thoughts on MCD-7000 CD Player

This is for neophytes that run into B.S. and take it for fact regardless of age of post. I'm well aware of the age of the post but nonsensical information is everywhere online.
  6. O

thoughts on MCD-7000 CD Player

You can get 24 bit players for $100 today but they sound like crap. The first 16 bit players weren't even able to actually reproduce 16 bits so that argument is weak. All CD players are as much analogue as they are digital. Of course, you won't see a killer analogue section by reading most...
  7. O

Energy brand speaker thread

They don't sound bass heavy because that NAD amp is anemic in the bass. Put a proper amp powering them and you may see a drastic difference. Additionally you may be sitting in a null zone. Trust me when I tell you those speakers were voice for a large room.
  8. O

Energy brand speaker thread

The Veritas 2.8 needs high-end amplification, positioned well away from the back wall and can sound bass heavy in anything but a large room.
  9. O

I am in need of a pre-amplifier.. suggestions?

Adcom GDP 750, yuck!
  10. O

Newform Research R645 V1 - $1200

Not harsh or brittle in the slightest, if anything, a little polite. Perhaps something else in the system was to blame. I've owned them (version 3) since first release and rotate with several other speakers in a secondary system when the mood strikes. Choice of cabling and electronics makes a...
  11. O

Yamaha cr-3020

It's obviously for the future readers so they don't also pass on erroneous information as many do. Cleaning up the internet one fact at a time.
  12. O

Yamaha cr-3020

I'd like to know how you came to this conclusion? You obviously never owned a 3020 as you have the rated output stated incorrectly. Rated wattage is 160 wpc @ 8 ohms and 200 wpc @ 4 ohms. Yes I was an owner back in '79.
  13. O

Yamaha CR-2020 or Luxman R-1120?

I owned the CR 3020 back in the late 70s and it never ran hot.
  14. O

Yamaha cr-3020

CR 3020 was better than the CR 2040
  15. O

Yamaha cr-3020

Try 160wpc rated. So many people talk about stuff they have never heard or owned using totally bogus facts.
  16. O

The beast on the bay!!! TECHNICS SA-1000!!!!

He is 100% correct. The Oscars go to favourites and not necessarily the best. Quite often if a certain actor has never won one and they are old and not likely to get one, the academy awards one even though their performance wasn't the best. This has happened many times. Many actors couldn't care...
  17. O

The beast on the bay!!! TECHNICS SA-1000!!!!

I know this is an old thread but for someone reading this I would like to point out that this is just not true. Where did you hear or see this? I'm referring to 3db being the smallest increment detectable by the ear.
  18. O

Opinions on a Stanton 881S cartridge?

Don't kid yourself, the Stanton wad a middle of the road cartridge at best. It was used back in the day mainly for "scratching" because it was found to be very rugged. As was mentioned, there are hundreds of cartridges today that would best it handily. Reading specs on cartridges are virtually...
  19. O

Yamaha cr-3020

Actually the Yamaha 3020 is just over 81lbs and rated at 160wpc 8 ohms and 200wpc 4 ohms. I owned one new back in 1978.
  20. O

CM Labs 920, Heathkit AA-1640 and Sansui SE-9

The cm labs 920 weighs 47lbs.
  21. O

Heard Bose 901 VI speakers and really like them ! Any 901 fans ?

The evidence points to the contrary. There are dozens of websites with the sole purpose of educating people about the "suckability" of the 901. People also bought Yugos and Pintos so the fact people buy Bose speakers does not somehow turn them into good speakers - either in value or performance...
  22. O

Hey Bill! Is your avatar a yamaha 3020 receiver. It looks like it. I am very fond of that model...

Hey Bill! Is your avatar a yamaha 3020 receiver. It looks like it. I am very fond of that model as I owned one as an original owner in 1978. It is a beautiful receiver with the rosewood top and sides. I also had 3 of the b2 amps as well as the c2a preamp. Yamaha stuff was really great in the...
  23. O

Question on tube amp/amp and speaker ohmage

As sebrof mentioned go with the one that sounds best but from my experience it should be the 8 ohm tap
  24. O

For Rock music only

Actually the surrounds on the 15s were yellow not red.
Back
Top Bottom