Search results

1. G

New to me Yamaha NS-30T , not bad at all.....

I saw a meme that said something like "I'm not worried about my husband talking to other women on the internet. I'm worried about him talking to Dale on FB Marketplace about a 15-yr old skid-steer that works really well 'sometimes'"
  2. G

OK I AM An IKEA Believer

Ikea items are only as good as the person building them. I'm somewhat handy and feel I do a good job putting together their stuff. I have a dresser that survived moving between 4 different dwellings on the west coast and recently survived a move across the country. As for getting just certain...
  3. G

Oh for F*^%#$ sake.... Rant time

So I work in the film industry. I've been doing it for years and consider myself quite lucky to be involved in such an industry. I'm constantly amazed at some of the projects we create. The amount of talent truly is impressive. On the other hand, I often encounter people on the opposite end of...
  4. G

What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

When people pronounce 'espresso' as if there was an "x" in there. If you want an Expresso then you're talking about a trim of the old Dodge Neon. If you want a tiny, strong concentrated cup of coffee you want an espresso.
  5. G

Favorite Bourbon

I'm a big fan of the Willett bourbons and ryes. I've only be able to find the pot still bourbon but have managed to find the 2yr, 6 yr and 8yr rye.
  6. G

Epiphone Amp Replacement Cord

Those should be pretty easy to track down. You could pull one from an old CRT monitor or older computer that isn't being used. You might even be able to find one at your local thrift store. Most in my town sell random cables so it'd be worth a shot. And there's always various internet market...
  7. G

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

I picked up a pair of JBL L96's the other day for the king's ransom of $17.29. The woofers need new foam but everything else checks out.
  8. G

Need help in Atlanta, GA

Did you ever get a reply on this? I'm in ATL and may be able to help out.
  9. G

HDMI Cable upgrade - help!

Like everyone else here, I say save your money and buy a cheap, but well reviewed cables. The one time I did spend more than $10 on an HDMI cable was when my roommate at the time bought his first fancy TV and BluRay. Even then I bought Belden HDMI cables form Pacific Radio in Hollywood. Per...
  10. G

Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow

An african swallow or a european swallow?
  11. G

Good Grief Arnold doing Terminator 5 ??

I must be the only one excited to see this? Terminator: Salvation was a total piece of crap and sure Terminator 3 was meh.... But for some reason I'm anxious to see what they do this time around.
  12. G

KLH Thrift Store Find!!

You know what they say: Pics or it didn't happen.
  13. G

What makes your setup special/different than others?

My current set up I'm using is a Pioneer SX-990 that was handed down from my uncle, a hitachi directdrive TT that I got from the 'bay, a pair of Yamaha SX-690II speakers that I picked up from a garage sale for dirt cheap and they're sitting on speaker stands my dad built out of apple-ply that...
  14. G

My Cartridge...

...does this (see the photo). The needle is at such an angle that when the records are playing it's terribly close to the cartridge. My main questions are: 1) is there a way to fix this? 2) if the way to fix it is by getting a different cartridge, what should I look at that would be around...
  15. G

Woofer. Subwoofer. Learn it, know it, be it

and now I suppose you're going to tell me that my Dell PC didn't have a built in retractable cup holder.
  16. G

Is it a living room or a recording studio?

I'm in the process of thinning my collection and the SO couldn't be happier. Although she did comment that while she likes the look of my Altec 886a's, she thinks the Yamaha 690II's sound better. I'm quite happy that she's ok with at least one pair of big(ish) speakers in the living room.
  17. G

Butter consumption at a 40 year high

No margarine here. Just sweet cream butter (salted or not) and olive oil. Rarely canola or corn but that's the only thing available, I'll use it. Or... If i'm seasoning the cast iron skillets I'll use the canola oil. But yeah.... Butter.
  18. G

One man's trash...

I know it's been a while but here's how it all shook down once I tested it all. The CD players didn't really function. You could load discs but nothing would play. Oh Well. The Mackie.... I had no way to test it so I couldn't really find out if it worked. The 4-channel Ashly had two working...
  19. G

What is that thing on top of the radio?

My grandma had one of those. It's actually an alcohol dispenser. The guy on the top is a bowler and you lift off the top half of the thing to reveal a pump dispenser and 5 of 6 shot glasses. You can put whatever beverage you like in the bottle.
  20. G

QSC-1310 Pro Amplifier

I have an Ashly pro amp that I quite like. It's sound is more full and works well with my NS-690II's. At the end of the day it all depends on how it sounds. Do you like the results? If you do then why change it?
  21. G

The Reality of Reality TV...

As someone who works "in the biz", I can tell you that you're all wise to the "reality" charade. I work mostly on feature films but have done a little time in the unscripted (we call it that because it's not real) world, mainly on home renovation shows. Fortunately the shows I was a part of did...
  22. G

What Is Your Favorite 'Seinfeld' Quote?

Without even trying I read this in George's voice. But i'm going to have to go with: "These pretzels are making me thirsty."
  23. G

Finally Brought These JBL's Home . . .

But what I want to know is what do you plug in to the Valve Jr in the background?
  24. G

Low-cost hi-fi

I too have the Lepai but am using the stock power supply. What do you (or anyone else) recommend as an upgrade? Thanks.
Back
Top Bottom