Search results

1. kingstoneage

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

So here are some pics of my updated system MT5, C49, MCT500, MC312, Wilson Audio SabrinaX
  2. kingstoneage

Mcintosh MC312 4 or 8 ohms on my Wilson Audio Sabrina?

I had no clipping so far i used the 8 ohm taps but the amp got a little bit warmer...... With the 4 ohm taps the bass is a bit fuller maybe warmer.....with the 8 ohm taps in use the bass is slimmer....
  3. kingstoneage

Mcintosh MC312 4 or 8 ohms on my Wilson Audio Sabrina?

Hi folks! Should i use the 4 or the 8 ohm taps of my MC312 amp on my 4 ohm Sabrinas? I read some reviews where 8 ohm is prefered......... Yes the 2 taps sound different......
  4. kingstoneage

Macbook Pro -> USB -> C47, nothing happens?

Be careful updating your firmware via Windows. I crashed my MA9000 once doing this. I had the same problems with my C47 i had before.....
  5. kingstoneage

MA9000 – DA Module Problem

It was not groundbreaking!
  6. kingstoneage

MA9000 – DA Module Problem

I upgraded to a C49 & MC312 combo! The installation of a new DAC software didn‘t work.......
  7. kingstoneage

MCT Transport – which cable to DAC?

Thanks for your reply! The MCT/DIN connection can deliver DSD signals but is limited to 96/24. So no 176/24 or 192/24 PCM signals........this would be possible via COAX. Basically that is no big deal, but i am not sure if a a high quality Coax cable would be better than the standard DIN...
  8. kingstoneage

MCT Transport – which cable to DAC?

Hi! I‘m thinking of an cable upgrade for my MCT500 transport. At the momenz i use the MCT DIN cable which came with the transport. this type of cable you can‘t upgrade because there is no other DIN cable......so i want a better COAX cable, maybe a Purist Audio Genesis RCA 75ohm cable. What do...
  9. kingstoneage

MCT500 / MCD600 How to navigate best when USB Flash Data...

Meanwhile it‘s getting better.....but it‘s still a bit tricky!
  10. kingstoneage

MCT500 / MCD600 How to navigate best when USB Flash Data...

Hi, i am doing hard to navigate between folders of my USB flash drive inserted in my MCT500 USB slot. Any tips to navigate from folder to folder easily?
  11. kingstoneage

Happy Birthday to ron-c

Best wishes from Germany!
  12. kingstoneage

McIntosh MCT 450 Transport – lens cleaning etc.

My MCT450 had sometimes problems to read CDs. Not to often but sometimes especially newer Discs, so i upgraded to the MCT500. The DA1 is a solid DAC no problems at all. I wanted also an upgrade to the DA2 but i read that the DA2 has some problems......
  13. kingstoneage

So.....today i have installed my new MCT500. No reading or loading problems so far! The USB option is nice but hard to navigate.......
  14. kingstoneage

Maybe you‘re right and i should not open the transport. Most of the time the player plays without any issues......but sometimes it has problems to load a CD.....these CDs are newer ones .......maybe with no redbook standard on it.
  15. kingstoneage

Hi, sometimes my MCT 450 transport has problems to load a CD. With SACDs no problems so far. This phenomenon occurs only with a handful CDs and not always. Especially when the unit is cold. So i am thinking of open the unit and clean the lens and the other moving parts. What do you think, is...
  16. kingstoneage

Upgrade from C49 to C53 worth the money?

I guess i will stay with my C49 ……
  17. kingstoneage

Thanks a lot for the first replies! ........i guess if i do an upgrade i will go with a C2700, because it is different to my current C49.......or i hold the C49 which is doing its work very good. It is a pity that the upgrade from DA–1 to DA–2 is such an act :thumbsdown:
  18. kingstoneage

Hi folks, first of all i hope you all doing well so far! My question is: is a upgrade from a C49 preamp to a C53 pre worth the price? I use a MC312 amp on my Wilson Audio Sabrinas. On my C49 the DA–1 is installed. The C53 comes with the DA–2 module installed. Would be a C2700 the better...
  19. kingstoneage

Best New McIntosh Amp for My System

I use a MC312 for my Wilson Audio Sabrinas!
  20. kingstoneage

MT5 with Purist Audio Poseidon RCA?

Good:rockon:
Back
Top Bottom