Search results

1. rasenthiran

Sansui AU777 vs 777a differences

I am also a fan of the early 3 digit sansui amplifier. Own the AU 777 for 15 years now, still going strong.
  2. rasenthiran

Sansui AU-777A vs all contenders

There is information in the internet mentioning that sansui AU 777(non A) follows very close and similar design to the sansui AU 111 tube amplifier, I am not very sure but both are very good amplifier to be own.
  3. rasenthiran

Just bought a new to me QRX-5500

Love the Meters ,Great Score :music:
  4. rasenthiran

Little thump in speaker in fully restored AU-999

Kev, thanks for the detail explanation , very informative. :)
  5. rasenthiran

Little thump in speaker in fully restored AU-999

Kevin, When you say there is no protection relay for this amplifier, does this include AU 777? Because they are very much from the same time frame.
  6. rasenthiran

Sansui AU777a vs Non A

I think you wont be wrong getting the one with A or basic 777. I love my AU 777 but i have no compare with the 777A before because this amplifier are very rare in my country. One of my friend had the 777A and he said that it has a little bit more advantage in low frequency compare to the AU 777.
  7. rasenthiran

Sansui AU-777 Bias problem

Hi Peter, I think you don't have to use the step-down transformer because this unit has select able voltage of 100v or 240v.
  8. rasenthiran

Wally, Congrats, i wish to hear a fully original untouched Sansui AU 777 to compare with my recapped unit. Have you try the unit and compare with the AU 777A?
  9. rasenthiran

Wally, Great to hear that you have been to Malaysia. AU 777A is very rare amplifier here in my country, only AU 777 is easier to be found and i have come by with 3 units. The other two is with my cousins who really love how it sounds and one of them is having it fixed with an B&W...
  10. rasenthiran

Hi Wally, Congrats, Nice condition with original box.... :rockon:
  11. rasenthiran

History of Sony ES "7" series CD Players

Bought a Sony X505 ES CDP seven years ago,still playing good.:music:
  12. rasenthiran

907imos limited and 777 D

Hi Quadklpsh, Are you saying that the cost design spend by Sansui only for the power amplifier part for this amplifier? I don't think so, the preamp should be well design like other sansui amplifier.
  13. rasenthiran

907imos limited and 777 D

Agree with Tom. We should let our ear to decide which is the best.
  14. rasenthiran

What is meant by vintage receivers being "slow" and newer models being "fast"?

i think they are referring to slew rate.
  15. rasenthiran

Sony TA-1030 vs Sansui 7070 AU-70

this question should be asked in Solid State forum, there will be more Sony owners around there. I have used TA 1150 before, still prefer the sound of AU 777.
  16. rasenthiran

First recap - Sansui 2000A!

Looks very beautiful, the receiver lighting looks very clear like LED light :)
  17. rasenthiran

An AU-7900 followed me home....

Very nice sansui amplifier from 70's. One of the most underrated sansui amplifier. Enjoy :music:
  18. rasenthiran

New to me Au 777A and restoration questions

Hi, Look very new and untouched. Congrats :thumbsup:
  19. rasenthiran

Please Help me Choose (AU-X11, AU-8500, AU-777D)

Its nice to see there is quiet number of fan for 777, Mine is AU 777 without the A and i still love it compare to my other Sansui Amplifier. It just need to be paired with a good matching speaker to sing and i find my vintage 3 way Elac does a beautiful job.
  20. rasenthiran

Sansui AU-777 woofer pumping

Hi Sansui Javier, I had the same issue before and sent it to my local technician. He said there is some loose connection at the output transistor. Sorry i cant help much but hope Tom will come and give you some advises on this. Thank you Raj
  21. rasenthiran

a newbie, a sansui (AU-317) and a community :)

Great Small Amplifier.. :) I had one recapped and sold but regret later.
  22. rasenthiran

Why are we into sansuis ????

Hi Guys, My first amplifier was a Sansui AU 777 Integrated Amplifier. Like it very much that i start to buy more newer generation Sansui such as AU7900 and AU 719. After 3 years i decided to sell my AU 777 to my cousin who love it very much listening in my room. Although i sold it...
Back
Top Bottom